Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Jun 16, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [199]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [12907]
Low End Housing: High Risk, High Return [325]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1089]
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5% [45]
KenGen HY 2019 [59]
KCB and NBK material announcement [93]
NBK FY18 [11]
Williamson Tea &, Kapchorua [25]
Kitengela to Rongai Road Construction and Tarmacki... [38]
Centum FY 2019 eps up 69% with div of 1.20/- [37]
Rongai Road Expansion [60]
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy! [1201]
Safaricom FY 2018/19 [121]
TPS Serena FY16 [26]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

646 Pages«<628629630631632>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#12581 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 8:32:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
Jibabe wrote:
Business agenda 5(c) makes me worried and ready sceptical 🤨

A busy body with no value to add.. Let him exit and leave sufficient place for MOO type calibre to take up board seats
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
obiero
#12582 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 5:57:50 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
Let me leave this here https://www.standardmedi...bulent-market-conditions
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
VituVingiSana
#12583 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:10:38 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,888
Location: Nairobi
[quote=obiero]Let me leave this here https://www.standardmedi...ulent-market-conditions[/quote]

"...our total direct operating costs, fleet ownership costs and overheads came to Sh115 billion, against the total revenue of Sh114 billion"

KQ will do much better under MJ/Mikosz than it did under Naikuni and Ngunze BUT when will shareholders see a return without a bailout?

I wish all KQ shareholders good tidings.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#12584 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:36:21 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:


"...our total direct operating costs, fleet ownership costs and overheads came to Sh115 billion, against the total revenue of Sh114 billion"

KQ will do much better under MJ/Mikosz than it did under Naikuni and Ngunze BUT when will shareholders see a return without a bailout?

I wish all KQ shareholders good tidings.

Here is your answer
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
sparkly
#12585 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 3:50:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,927
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
[quote=obiero]Let me leave this here https://www.theeastafric...5728-x8pmalz/index.html[/quote]

Too much whinning by and for KQ. Let KQ be given JKIA to manage provided they improve the Airport and make all stakeholders including GOK, employees and Passengers happy. Mtoto akililia wembe mpe.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#12586 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:41:17 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,888
Location: Nairobi
Queries as firms pay bosses huge salaries while junior staff struggle
https://www.businessdail...1796-5br59tz/index.html

Does anyone have the remuneration of the top dogs (including pilots) of KQ vs the rank and file?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
HaMaina
#12587 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 9:56:30 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 594
sparkly wrote:
[quote=obiero]Let me leave this here https://www.theeastafric...5728-x8pmalz/index.html[/quote]

Too much whinning by and for KQ. Let KQ be given JKIA to manage provided they improve the Airport and make all stakeholders including GOK, employees and Passengers happy. Mtoto akililia wembe mpe.


Was it JKIA that was to take KQ or KQ to take over JKIA. If I'm not wrong it was KQ ( shaky entity ) that wanted to take over JKIA ( Stable entity ). Even the staff would not sit back and watch such nonsense.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#12588 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 6:23:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
5,823,588,269 issued KQ shares and only 17,000 traded today..

What's the float which excludes Treasury, KQLC and KLM. Does IFC have shares in KQ?


Interesting. So only 2.8% is "float"?

Yes
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
obiero
#12589 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 6:33:02 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
Today's respectable volume consists of my 40,000 new KQ shares.. I am ready to crater with this share.. Down to ground zero if its meant to be


OMG...@Obiero just won't sto diggingShame on you Shame on you

The initial dilution was too steep to allow a sell off and/or honorable exit.. With failure of the Open Offer, the current price presents an unofficial 'Open Offer' of some sort.. KQ will definitely not remain where it is.. This is a trader's stock but risky, very risky

@Obiero - You should sell everything else and buy more KQ given it meets all 3 of the characteristics Cassel talks about: "Long-term revenue and earnings growth with little to no dilution."
I want to support you in your dreams.

If you read proper articles you would know that KQ revenue has indeed been rising on the back of reduced finance costs
https://af.reuters.com/a...ews/idAFKCN1S60LC-OZABS

My bad. I had no idea that Top-line Revenue rises as finance costs reduce but I bow to your wisdom and knowledge in financial matters.

One off investment costs to revamp a route network is not cheap in aviation.. If you saw the results you would know that operational costs were the issue and not finance expense.. Let's see what lays ahead master



You are singlehandedly redefining the term "investment".

Remember how gravity was discovered.. Following the crowd doesn't always get you to the destination


Hehehe ati gravity was discovered, your justifications for buying the hopeless KQ are getting ridiculous.

Lol.. To each her/his own.. But seriously though, you didn't learn about Sir Isaac Newton?


Gravity is a natural phenomenon just like air, water or sunlight. Nobody discovered Gravity.

OMG! What about Graham Bell's work? Meanwhile, my ABP is now down from KES 23.97 per share to KES 17.49.. Target is KES 8.00. My hope is that the KQ turnaround narrative goes right, otherwise I will be sunk


An inventor but worry not, we shall credit you with discovering KQ's gravity from KShs 120 to Kshs 1 Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I'm telling you, your offspring will ask you what kind of investment decisions you were making.. Why you were not a risk taker! Mimi huyooo.. Nayo nayo. Liwe liwalo

Added 80,000 KQ today.. Revised ABP KES 12.39.. For the first time in my investment life, listed shares have surpassed 5% of my total investment portfolio.. This thing had better work out
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
maka
#12590 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 12:47:23 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,044
Location: Nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Queries as firms pay bosses huge salaries while junior staff struggle
https://www.businessdail...1796-5br59tz/index.html

Does anyone have the remuneration of the top dogs (including pilots) of KQ vs the rank and file?



I sent it to @Obiero tell him to post it here... 🤣🤣
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#12591 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 4:57:50 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,888
Location: Nairobi
KQ’s troubles require more than publicity - Tony Watima
https://www.businessdail...123876-rqplde/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#12592 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 4:58:57 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,888
Location: Nairobi
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Queries as firms pay bosses huge salaries while junior staff struggle
https://www.businessdail...1796-5br59tz/index.html

Does anyone have the remuneration of the top dogs (including pilots) of KQ vs the rank and file?


I sent it to @Obiero tell him to post it here... 🤣🤣
@Obiero - Please post the information that @maka sent about the salaries from the top down.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#12593 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:28:00 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Queries as firms pay bosses huge salaries while junior staff struggle
https://www.businessdail...1796-5br59tz/index.html

Does anyone have the remuneration of the top dogs (including pilots) of KQ vs the rank and file?


I sent it to @Obiero tell him to post it here... 🤣🤣
@Obiero - Please post the information that @maka sent about the salaries from the top down.

That is classified information.. I can't share or rather I will not share. Thanks
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
obiero
#12594 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:35:52 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
KQ’s troubles require more than publicity - Tony Watima
https://www.businessdail...23876-rqplde/index.html

Meanwhile, Kenya Aviation Holding June 3rd. I will explain later
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
sparkly
#12595 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 5:57:32 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,927
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
East African Community members need to rethink their aviation sectors or thier dreams of connecting the world and national pride will remain unachievable.

EAC has a fleet size of 60 planes flying to 89 destinations (Kenya 40-53; Rwandaair 12-23; Tanzania 8-13) Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan do not have national carriers. EAC stats are dwarfed regionally by Ethiopian Airlines which has a fleet of 112 flying 125 passenger and 40 cargo destinations.

Compared to international Middle Eastern "competitors" flying regionally like Emirates (258 planes, 158 destinations) and Turkish (336 planes, 304 destinations) EAC carriers are really puny.

Debt ladden EAC carriers (where they exist) are playing in the village league under delusion that they are competing with international counterparts. Only collaborative effort will lead to meaningful impact in the sector. EAC member countries should dissolve their airlines and form an East African Airline (Call it Safari Airlines). Countries without their own airlines like Uganda and Burundi should invest in the new East African Airline.

A collaborative East African Airline will have monopoly in East & Central Africa, challenge the regional giants based on bigger capital base and economies of scale.

Life is short. Live passionately.
the deal
#12596 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:33:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,465
Location: Windhoek/Nairobbery
End game here is GoK making an offer and then delist...
maka
#12597 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:36:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,044
Location: Nairobi
Kenya Airways Chief Executive Sebastian Mikosz was paid a total of Sh62.89 million last year, indicating average earnings of Sh5.2 million per month for the boss of the loss-making national carrier.

Mr Mikosz’s executive pay comprised a salary of Sh42 million, allowances worth Sh16.4 million and non-cash benefits amounting to Sh4.44 million.

The Polish citizen was hired in June 2017 to turn around the struggling airline that last year reported an after-tax loss of Sh7.5 billion, compared with Sh6.4 billion suffered in the previous year.

Listed companies are by law required to reveal the pay of their senior executives as well as directors.

The CEO’s pay stood at Sh46.69 million in 2017 during which he worked for seven months, translating into an average monthly pay of Sh6.67 million.

Somebody questioned me about this.. Well the truth is here... Its actually more btw... Ati 2.4m per month....lol
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#12598 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:53:03 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
Kenya Airways Chief Executive Sebastian Mikosz was paid a total of Sh62.89 million last year, indicating average earnings of Sh5.2 million per month for the boss of the loss-making national carrier.

Mr Mikosz’s executive pay comprised a salary of Sh42 million, allowances worth Sh16.4 million and non-cash benefits amounting to Sh4.44 million.

The Polish citizen was hired in June 2017 to turn around the struggling airline that last year reported an after-tax loss of Sh7.5 billion, compared with Sh6.4 billion suffered in the previous year.

Listed companies are by law required to reveal the pay of their senior executives as well as directors.

The CEO’s pay stood at Sh46.69 million in 2017 during which he worked for seven months, translating into an average monthly pay of Sh6.67 million.

Somebody questioned me about this.. Well the truth is here... Its actually more btw... Ati 2.4m per month....lol

Fair pay for a demanding role.. This is not a window cleaner bwana. He is the CEO of Africa's third largest airline
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
obiero
#12599 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:56:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
the deal wrote:
End game here is GoK making an offer and then delist...

A tiered offer.. One for the minority shareholders incorporating the Open Offer and the other for the benenefiacries to the restructuring.. Anything else will leave the NSE hurtling towards sub 1,000.. Especially since KQ has been officially added to the 20 share index this week.. 80,000 minority shareholders in KQ isn't a small number of retail investors in relation to total CDS account count
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
sparkly
#12600 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:03:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,927
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:
End game here is GoK making an offer and then delist...

A tiered offer.. One for the minority shareholders incorporating the Open Offer and the other for the benenefiacries to the restructuring.. Anything else will leave the NSE hurtling towards sub 1,000.. Especially since KQ has been officially added to the 20 share index this week.. 80,000 minority shareholders in KQ isn't a small number of retail investors in relation to total CDS account count


When you find yourself in a deep hole, you stop digging.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (14)
646 Pages«<628629630631632>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.