Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Aug 13, 2020
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Coronavirus [2488]
Ban on Mitumba Clothes [66]
Tanzania - What do you want from Kenya? [90]
Warrant of arrest for Mungatana [88]
Miguna has accepted and moved on [2]
POTUS TRUMP [1431]
Qusetions about @mugundaman [51]
Kiosks, cars and goats SWEPT AWAY on Kirinyaga roa... [27]
William Ruto is NOT going to be President in 2022 [1583]
Speaker Elachi Impeached [29]
Happy Birthday [12]
Devolution Revenue Sharing Formula [163]
Affordable Housing by Government of Kenya [153]
BJ 50 [34]
Hacking News [3]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages123>»
Devolution Revenue Sharing Formula
limanika
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:51:51 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 2,029
Can't believe in 21st century none of our politicians can explain the problem with revenue sharing formula and why we should either change it or abolish devolution all together.

They can't relate Kenya's high level of debt with the way money is shared? If you keep giving more money to counties that contribute least to the national kitty, meaning less and less of the resources are being reinvested, you will reach a time when your business us no longer sustainable.

Economics 101, give more money where it is generating growth and you'll have bigger basket from which even the marginalized can get more.

If we don't change the formula to reinvest and generate more, we're looking at our revenue dwindling with time and the country defaulting in debt obligations in near future
alma1
#2 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 1:40:50 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 2,808
Location: hapo
limanika wrote:
Can't believe in 21st century none of our politicians can explain the problem with revenue sharing formula and why we should either change it or abolish devolution all together.

They can't relate Kenya's high level of debt with the way money is shared? If you keep giving more money to counties that contribute least to the national kitty, meaning less and less of the resources are being reinvested, you will reach a time when your business us no longer sustainable.

Economics 101, give more money where it is generating growth and you'll have bigger basket from which even the marginalized can get more.

If we don't change the formula to reinvest and generate more, we're looking at our revenue dwindling with time and the country defaulting in debt obligations in near future


What will the governor eat?

Anyway, Baba amesema..It should pass next time.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?
sqft
#3 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:46:11 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 643
Location: Kenya
One man, One vote, One shilling.
Exodus 20:17 Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shall not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
sqft
#4 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 6:34:58 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 643
Location: Kenya
Baba ameongea. The bill is as good as passed. One man, one vote, one shilling.


Exodus 20:17 Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shall not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Queen
#5 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 8:40:05 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 363
Location: Britain
sqft wrote:
Baba ameongea. The bill is as good as passed. One man, one vote, one shilling.




If you think baba has endorsed the bill, then you probably don't know what the bill entails.
Lolest!
#6 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 8:47:20 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,036
Location: Kianjokoma
limanika wrote:
Can't believe in 21st century none of our politicians can explain the problem with revenue sharing formula and why we should either change it or abolish devolution all together.

They can't relate Kenya's high level of debt with the way money is shared? If you keep giving more money to counties that contribute least to the national kitty, meaning less and less of the resources are being reinvested, you will reach a time when your business us no longer sustainable.

Economics 101, give more money where it is generating growth and you'll have bigger basket from which even the marginalized can get more.

If we don't change the formula to reinvest and generate more, we're looking at our revenue dwindling with time and the country defaulting in debt obligations in near future

Hehe, this sounds like the much maligned Sessional Paper No 10 of 1965
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kmucheke
#7 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:30:53 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 145
sqft
#8 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 10:46:05 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 643
Location: Kenya
Queen wrote:
sqft wrote:
Baba ameongea. The bill is as good as passed. One man, one vote, one shilling.




If you think baba has endorsed the bill, then you probably don't know what the bill entails.

So what does the bill entail? I thought it was one man one shilling.
Exodus 20:17 Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shall not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
mpobiz
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 12:11:28 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/10/2010
Posts: 2,076
Sijui kelele ni ya nini. Watu wanajazana south c na isilii then when it comes to revenue sharing you complain. If you go to kajiado town you wouldn't know you are in the middle of maa land. Let's all be happy that today we are more integrated than 20 years ago. When money is taken from wajir to develope kajiado and kiambu where you have decided to settle then what is wrong with that?
I saw one mp boasting that he has 10children but he forgot to tell us they all reside somewhere in Nairobi or its environs.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Lolest!
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 3:59:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 12,036
Location: Kianjokoma
mpobiz wrote:
Sijui kelele ni ya nini. Watu wanajazana south c na isilii then when it comes to revenue sharing you complain. If you go to kajiado town you wouldn't know you are in the middle of maa land. Let's all be happy that today we are more integrated than 20 years ago. When money is taken from wajir to develope kajiado and kiambu where you have decided to settle then what is wrong with that?
I saw one mp boasting that he has 10children but he forgot to tell us they all reside somewhere in Nairobi or its environs.

Great point
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
limanika
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:21:04 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 2,029
Lolest! wrote:
limanika wrote:
Can't believe in 21st century none of our politicians can explain the problem with revenue sharing formula and why we should either change it or abolish devolution all together.

They can't relate Kenya's high level of debt with the way money is shared? If you keep giving more money to counties that contribute least to the national kitty, meaning less and less of the resources are being reinvested, you will reach a time when your business us no longer sustainable.

Economics 101, give more money where it is generating growth and you'll have bigger basket from which even the marginalized can get more.

If we don't change the formula to reinvest and generate more, we're looking at our revenue dwindling with time and the country defaulting in debt obligations in near future

Hehe, this sounds like the much maligned Sessional Paper No 10 of 1965

That sessional paper produced better results than TZ's Ujamaa. Actually, this dishing of money to counties is socialism through the back door. Show me a country which did not end with a debt crisis if their economic model was to borrow money from international markets and then dish the same to a nondescript governor who hasn't yet decided what to do with the money. Those counties they're claiming are more developed, were they given money earlier so as to attain their current development levels?
masukuma
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:22:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,604
Location: Nairobi
kmucheke wrote:

Tell them - Project Kenya is based on equity not equality
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
tinker
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 12:11:04 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 413
Location: Nairobi
masukuma wrote:
kmucheke wrote:

Tell them - Project Kenya is based on equity not equality


This discussion is better understood when we consider mashinani silly politics, for example, Kajiado North contributes over 40% of the county revenue, but it get peanuts in return. Talk of stopping Farasi to wait for punda. Then wonder why Africa is poor.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
sqft
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:01:14 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 643
Location: Kenya
The people of Mt kenya have been deceived for long that they are very developed so they should get less while the situation on the ground is very different. For instance the residents of kirinyaga and nyandarua have been complaining perennially due to lack of roads and other infrastructure.

https://www.nation.co.ke...ttle-development-222952




Even in nairobi, just go to kasarani, roysambu, pipeline etc you will find that they are no inner roads or sewer and yet nairobi is said to be very developed and thus should get less funds despite producing 60% of GDP. Mnadanganywa that you are very developed so others can siphon all the funds to their counties.


Exodus 20:17 Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shall not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Queen
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:46:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 363
Location: Britain
sqft wrote:
Queen wrote:
sqft wrote:
Baba ameongea. The bill is as good as passed. One man, one vote, one shilling.




If you think baba has endorsed the bill, then you probably don't know what the bill entails.

So what does the bill entail? I thought it was one man one shilling.


The CRA made a proposal which was thereafter panel-beaten to lay more emphasis on the population of each county. What is in contention is this panel-beaten bill which is different from the original CRA proposal. RAO has endorsed the CRA version which is different from the bill which is before the Senate. In other words, RAO has endorsed a bill which is NOT before the Senate.
Kusadikika
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:50:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,677
sqft wrote:
The people of Mt kenya have been deceived for long that they are very developed so they should get less while the situation on the ground is very different. For instance the residents of kirinyaga and nyandarua have been complaining perennially due to lack of roads and other infrastructure.

https://www.nation.co.ke...ttle-development-222952




Even in nairobi, just go to kasarani, roysambu, pipeline etc you will find that they are no inner roads or sewer and yet nairobi is said to be very developed and thus should get less funds despite producing 60% of GDP. Mnadanganywa that you are very developed so others can siphon all the funds to their counties.




There is another very developed Nairobi. This one here:


Queen
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 3:00:53 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 363
Location: Britain
tinker wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kmucheke wrote:

Tell them - Project Kenya is based on equity not equality


This discussion is better understood when we consider mashinani silly politics, for example, Kajiado North contributes over 40% of the county revenue, but it get peanuts in return. Talk of stopping Farasi to wait for punda. Then wonder why Africa is poor.


This is so true. Indeed if you throw in Kitengela, then well over 50% of the wealth in Kajiado county is domiciled here. The same wealth is distributed to the arid and semi-arid areas of the county with the original producers of the wealth getting peanuts.

As if that is not bad enough, the other day the county in their wisdom, decided to merge/devolve the rich and efficient Oloolaiser water company with other loss-making water companies domiciled in the county. The net effect of this action was to use the huge oloolaiser water company resources to finance the other moribund water companies in the County. This is ole Lenku's wisdom.
sqft
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 5:14:38 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 643
Location: Kenya
Kusadikika wrote:
sqft wrote:
The people of Mt kenya have been deceived for long that they are very developed so they should get less while the situation on the ground is very different. For instance the residents of kirinyaga and nyandarua have been complaining perennially due to lack of roads and other infrastructure.

https://www.nation.co.ke...ttle-development-222952




Even in nairobi, just go to kasarani, roysambu, pipeline etc you will find that they are no inner roads or sewer and yet nairobi is said to be very developed and thus should get less funds despite producing 60% of GDP. Mnadanganywa that you are very developed so others can siphon all the funds to their counties.




There is another very developed Nairobi. This one here:




Hata huko runda residents have no govt water or sewer, they formed runda water company to supply water coz kanjo water was non existent and also all of them rely on septic tanks. Same with karen hakuna sewer only septic tanks and boreholes + water trucks hapo dagoreti corner for water. All that development you see there is funded privately by the residents not devolution taxes.
Exodus 20:17 Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shall not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Angelica _ann
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:37:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,674
Who 'won' in the voting?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
limanika
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 8:09:42 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 2,029
sqft wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
sqft wrote:
The people of Mt kenya have been deceived for long that they are very developed so they should get less while the situation on the ground is very different. For instance the residents of kirinyaga and nyandarua have been complaining perennially due to lack of roads and other infrastructure.

https://www.nation.co.ke...ttle-development-222952




Even in nairobi, just go to kasarani, roysambu, pipeline etc you will find that they are no inner roads or sewer and yet nairobi is said to be very developed and thus should get less funds despite producing 60% of GDP. Mnadanganywa that you are very developed so others can siphon all the funds to their counties.




There is another very developed Nairobi. This one here:




Hata huko runda residents have no govt water or sewer, they formed runda water company to supply water coz kanjo water was non existent and also all of them rely on septic tanks. Same with karen hakuna sewer only septic tanks and boreholes + water trucks hapo dagoreti corner for water. All that development you see there is funded privately by the residents not devolution taxes.


Very true. We all know this devolution was never about development. It was an argument by those who felt there was too much eating at the central govt whereby they couldn't participate and therefore needed to devolve corruption. Sadly, they won the day since the powers that be did not want to lose support.

So nowadays you have a president who goes to foreign capitals to beg for money, comes home, hands over the money to governors who end up eating a huge chunk. Then the president is left spending sleepless nights wondering how to repay since the loan money was spent in non-income generating activities. For how long are we going to live this lie?
Users browsing this topic
Guest
9 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.