Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Aug 26, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Where will you be counted...??? [113]
US - China tariffs war [171]
English Premier League 2019-2020 [45]
Apple in $$$$$ [19]
Ontorio Lottery Corporation! [14]
too many road accidents [363]
Have our tv stations become casinos? [27]
Alternative investment-Sport pesa [2189]
William Ruto is NOT going to be President in 2022 [945]
Married women problems [10]
Mithika Linturi no show for impeachment motion [33]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [391]
10th Anniversary Mbuzi [168]
How much does Orengo charge? [2]
2-6-3-3-3 [103]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Referendum: Regional rotational Presidency.
2012
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:20:38 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,433
Location: Nairobi
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
Angelica _ann
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:25:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,710
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


These Regions still exist and how will they control the region where one comes from?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Much Know
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:43:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/6/2008
Posts: 3,469
I would vote YES!
A New Kenya
masukuma
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:59:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 13,198
Location: Nairobi
Mt Kenya region ni akina Nani? Mkikuyu Ambaye Baba yake Alizaliwa coast na yeye pia alizaliwa coast ni “Mt Kenya “?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Lolest!
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:50:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,649
Location: Kianjokoma
masukuma wrote:
Mt Kenya region ni akina Nani? Mkikuyu Ambaye Baba yake Alizaliwa coast na yeye pia alizaliwa coast ni “Mt Kenya “?

Yes, hata akijiita Bakari Mpendawote

Ethnic profiling is real. Remember Rebecca Nabutola? Lunjes complaining they didn't havr enough positions because she's a Mwikali? Lilian Omolo too? She morphed into Mbogo & Wanja. Perhaps to 'return' her where she belongs.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
2012
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:35:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,433
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


These Regions still exist and how will they control the region where one comes from?


Imagine they still do politically.
I'm still wondering if this will unite us or divide us further. But for sure without this, the top sit will only 'ideally' go to 4 tribes but 'realistically' 2 tribes.

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
Lolest!
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:33:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,649
Location: Kianjokoma
We should support this. It will mean, in the long term, that our political parties will have to become political parties and cease being personality cults that they are now. Jubilee if Ruto & Uhuru part ways formally will die. ODM bila RAO is dead. KANU lives because of Mois and property owned by the party.

We don't have parties.

Eventually, when we vote for Chirau Mwakwere's party, we will know his reign will be close in leadership style to how President Joseph Nanok's reign was if they're from the same party.

Downside: Minorities within regions will never win. We'll have diffused a national problem into a regional one. Intra-regional ethnic conflicts(with violenceSad ) could increase.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Njunge
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:20:11 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/7/2007
Posts: 806
Huh! In this regions, there are tribes. Within those tribes, there are sub-tribes, clans and sub-clans. To avoid any Form of conflict, it would be sensible to take the Presidency to the smallest unit within a sub-clan. That would give my cousin a chance of being Prezzo in the next 3000 years {upuz}. Drool Sad
murchr
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:05:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,728
Before you think of referendum...prepare for the census first which is more important.

Where will your presence count? Will you be counted in Nairobi where you live or in Gakoromone where you come from?

If you will be counted in Nrb, good...your constituency and county will get more funds for CDF and you will be represented in parliament. The county too gets more money. Given that you will be in Kasarani and not gakoromone your home constituency may be rendered useless and taken off representation in parliament, your home county might receive less funds too.

If you will be counted in gakoromone, then North Imenti survives. You will have a MP in parliament with CDF funds and more allocations for Meru county. But then again, you starve the constituency where you live of funds and maybe representation in parliament for the next 10 years.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Gathige
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:17:39 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 2,049
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


As a nation, we have to come to the terms with the fact that we are an amalgamation of tribes. Regions are amorphous but tribes are real.

Devolution should have worked well but the Nairobi Hangover has refused to go.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
hardwood
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 8:41:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,167
Location: Tuthu, Metumi
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


As a nation, we have to come to the terms with the fact that we are an amalgamation of tribes. Regions are amorphous but tribes are real.

Devolution should have worked well but the Nairobi Hangover has refused to go.


Politics is about the people, not geography. And the people belong to tribes. Also political power starts from the clan, to the tribe, then region and finally nationally. Thus strong tribal nations are key in forming a strong Kenyan nation. Just like strong families form strong communities, strong tribal nations form strong nations. I advocate for stronger tribal identities.
hardwood
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 8:52:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,167
Location: Tuthu, Metumi
hardwood wrote:
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


As a nation, we have to come to the terms with the fact that we are an amalgamation of tribes. Regions are amorphous but tribes are real.

Devolution should have worked well but the Nairobi Hangover has refused to go.


Politics is about the people, not geography. And the people belong to tribes. Also political power starts from the clan, to the tribe, then region and finally nationally. Thus strong tribal nations are key in forming a strong Kenyan nation. Just like strong families form strong communities, strong tribal nations form strong nations. I advocate for stronger tribal identities.


Even in the United Kingdom where they founded parliamentary democracy 1,000yrs ago and from where we borrowed our democracy from, it is the dominant 'tribe' the Englishmen from England that call the shots and the welsh from wales, scots from Scotland and Irish from Northern Ireland have to dance to their tune. It's the tyranny of numbers over there and also all over the world.
hardwood
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:02:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 9,167
Location: Tuthu, Metumi
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


As a nation, we have to come to the terms with the fact that we are an amalgamation of tribes. Regions are amorphous but tribes are real.

Devolution should have worked well but the Nairobi Hangover has refused to go.


Politics is about the people, not geography. And the people belong to tribes. Also political power starts from the clan, to the tribe, then region and finally nationally. Thus strong tribal nations are key in forming a strong Kenyan nation. Just like strong families form strong communities, strong tribal nations form strong nations. I advocate for stronger tribal identities.


Even in the United Kingdom where they founded parliamentary democracy 1,000yrs ago and from where we borrowed our democracy from, it is the dominant 'tribe' the Englishmen from England that call the shots and the welsh from wales, scots from Scotland and Irish from Northern Ireland have to dance to their tune. It's the tyranny of numbers over there and also all over the world.


This is why I think that Rwanda will erupt again like it did in 1959 and 1994 because a minority tutsi (15% of population) can not rule a majority hutu (85%) for long. Democracy is about majority rule.
simonkabz
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:43:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2007
Posts: 8,729
Location: Cameroon
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


As a nation, we have to come to the terms with the fact that we are an amalgamation of tribes. Regions are amorphous but tribes are real.

Devolution should have worked well but the Nairobi Hangover has refused to go.


Politics is about the people, not geography. And the people belong to tribes. Also political power starts from the clan, to the tribe, then region and finally nationally. Thus strong tribal nations are key in forming a strong Kenyan nation. Just like strong families form strong communities, strong tribal nations form strong nations. I advocate for stronger tribal identities.


Even in the United Kingdom where they founded parliamentary democracy 1,000yrs ago and from where we borrowed our democracy from, it is the dominant 'tribe' the Englishmen from England that call the shots and the welsh from wales, scots from Scotland and Irish from Northern Ireland have to dance to their tune. It's the tyranny of numbers over there and also all over the world.


This is why I think that Rwanda will erupt again like it did in 1959 and 1994 because a minority tutsi (15% of population) can not rule a majority hutu (85%) for long. Democracy is about majority rule.


Rwanda is hanging by a thread. Kagame is really persecuting dissidents over there, and now picking fights with every neighbour. More and more isolated, I can only smell a disastrous end. He happens to be the EAC Chair but no longer on talkinng terms with Museveni and Burundians cant dare step in Rwanda or else they're killed.......

As that presidency suggested above, of sijui 8 years, uppus. Hiyo ni madimoni inasumbua wakenya.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
alma1
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 11:10:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 2,489
Location: hapo
simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


As a nation, we have to come to the terms with the fact that we are an amalgamation of tribes. Regions are amorphous but tribes are real.

Devolution should have worked well but the Nairobi Hangover has refused to go.


Politics is about the people, not geography. And the people belong to tribes. Also political power starts from the clan, to the tribe, then region and finally nationally. Thus strong tribal nations are key in forming a strong Kenyan nation. Just like strong families form strong communities, strong tribal nations form strong nations. I advocate for stronger tribal identities.


Even in the United Kingdom where they founded parliamentary democracy 1,000yrs ago and from where we borrowed our democracy from, it is the dominant 'tribe' the Englishmen from England that call the shots and the welsh from wales, scots from Scotland and Irish from Northern Ireland have to dance to their tune. It's the tyranny of numbers over there and also all over the world.


This is why I think that Rwanda will erupt again like it did in 1959 and 1994 because a minority tutsi (15% of population) can not rule a majority hutu (85%) for long. Democracy is about majority rule.


Rwanda is hanging by a thread. Kagame is really persecuting dissidents over there, and now picking fights with every neighbour. More and more isolated, I can only smell a disastrous end. He happens to be the EAC Chair but no longer on talkinng terms with Museveni and Burundians cant dare step in Rwanda or else they're killed.......

As that presidency suggested above, of sijui 8 years, uppus. Hiyo ni madimoni inasumbua wakenya.



This is nonsense.

I agree with you Simonkabz.

Can you imagine 8 years of Ruto?

There's nothing wrong with our constitution. You just voed thuraku thuraku and raila tosha.

If women reps are bringing a problem, imagine getting the Turkana comedian governor as your president.

We can't go to the route of rewarding tribalists. Because that is the suggestion here.

You reward Joho because he's from coast.

Let's be serious.

The problem is Kenya is not tribes...It is thieves. Thieves don't have tribes.

Ati rotational tribalism. It's like a women's chama. You know the last person in the group is the one who's f***ed.

This is a useless stupid and absolutely nonsensical idea.

We vote for the best people. Not your f***ing clan.

Lakini, what do I know...You all voted for Uhuru or Raila..

Stupid!!!!!!

But I know, Kenyans as stupid as they are will vote for this stupidity to a man. They think their problem is the tribe.

Kenya's problem is thieves.

Can you in your f***ing referundum agree that some who's gone to court for stealing should never ever efa efa become an MCA? Nope!!!

The church needs tithe..

Stupid Kenyans...That's the most stupid idea I have ever heard in my life.

Vote for a stupid fool, just because it is time to eat...Kabila yangu ndio itashinda.

Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I forgot to say. I normally think that Kenyans just have bad luck...

But surely...This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life.

Rotational Tribalism.

PS. Don't use those words above without paying me 1 gazillion ndoras.


But I have never heard something soooooooooooo stupid. Afadhali Ruto.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?
Uhondo
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:33:54 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/26/2014
Posts: 44
alma1 wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


As a nation, we have to come to the terms with the fact that we are an amalgamation of tribes. Regions are amorphous but tribes are real.

Devolution should have worked well but the Nairobi Hangover has refused to go.


Politics is about the people, not geography. And the people belong to tribes. Also political power starts from the clan, to the tribe, then region and finally nationally. Thus strong tribal nations are key in forming a strong Kenyan nation. Just like strong families form strong communities, strong tribal nations form strong nations. I advocate for stronger tribal identities.


Even in the United Kingdom where they founded parliamentary democracy 1,000yrs ago and from where we borrowed our democracy from, it is the dominant 'tribe' the Englishmen from England that call the shots and the welsh from wales, scots from Scotland and Irish from Northern Ireland have to dance to their tune. It's the tyranny of numbers over there and also all over the world.


This is why I think that Rwanda will erupt again like it did in 1959 and 1994 because a minority tutsi (15% of population) can not rule a majority hutu (85%) for long. Democracy is about majority rule.


Rwanda is hanging by a thread. Kagame is really persecuting dissidents over there, and now picking fights with every neighbour. More and more isolated, I can only smell a disastrous end. He happens to be the EAC Chair but no longer on talkinng terms with Museveni and Burundians cant dare step in Rwanda or else they're killed.......

As that presidency suggested above, of sijui 8 years, uppus. Hiyo ni madimoni inasumbua wakenya.



This is nonsense.

I agree with you Simonkabz.

Can you imagine 8 years of Ruto?

There's nothing wrong with our constitution. You just voed thuraku thuraku and raila tosha.

If women reps are bringing a problem, imagine getting the Turkana comedian governor as your president.

We can't go to the route of rewarding tribalists. Because that is the suggestion here.

You reward Joho because he's from coast.

Let's be serious.

The problem is Kenya is not tribes...It is thieves. Thieves don't have tribes.

Ati rotational tribalism. It's like a women's chama. You know the last person in the group is the one who's f***ed.

This is a useless stupid and absolutely nonsensical idea.

We vote for the best people. Not your f***ing clan.

Lakini, what do I know...You all voted for Uhuru or Raila..

Stupid!!!!!!

But I know, Kenyans as stupid as they are will vote for this stupidity to a man. They think their problem is the tribe.

Kenya's problem is thieves.

Can you in your f***ing referundum agree that some who's gone to court for stealing should never ever efa efa become an MCA? Nope!!!

The church needs tithe..

Stupid Kenyans...That's the most stupid idea I have ever heard in my life.

Vote for a stupid fool, just because it is time to eat...Kabila yangu ndio itashinda.

Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I forgot to say. I normally think that Kenyans just have bad luck...

But surely...This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life.

Rotational Tribalism.

PS. Don't use those words above without paying me 1 gazillion ndoras.


But I have never heard something soooooooooooo stupid. Afadhali Ruto.


Thank you.
tycho
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:01:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,484
Location: Nairobi
2012 wrote:
Seems like the forthcoming referendum will be squarely about rotating presidency and power sharing to be divided into four main regions; Nyanza/Western, Rift Valley, Mt Kenya/sections of Eastern, Coast/Northern/sections of Eastern. There are talks of having a one term 7 or 8 years president.

Would you vote yes to this?


Will this be in the context of a powerful PM?

What issues would such a vote resolve?

When the elite make such a proposal,it's advisable to tread carefully.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.