Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Jun 16, 2019
Market
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Outlander MMCS issues [2]
KODI [302]
shylock [12]
1/4 plot for sale in Katani next to the road [8]
Fully serviced plots in Joska Area [1]
Toyota D4 -VVTI Engine [19]
Avoid CFC Stanbic loans They are thieves [49]
CFC Stanbic Rant! [12]
underground water tank [48]
HELP. Building a maisonette in phases [24]
Movies 4 Sale [2]
Need for. Mitsubishi lancer engine [7]
KPLC turning out to be a Useless Company [76]
Power converter-240v-110v step down transformer. [5]
Olymp Trade's trading terms [10]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Terrible, terrible walling!
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 11:03:09 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
My worst nightmare is to end up with walling like this, which Kenyans seem to love with a curious passion. Jameni what are some of the ways we can avoid having walls like these? Plastering? Painting? Tiling?

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
tom_boy
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 7:55:31 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2007
Posts: 678
MugundaMan wrote:
My worst nightmare is to end up with walling like this, which Kenyans seem to love with a curious passion. Jameni what are some of the ways we can avoid having walls like these? Plastering? Painting? Tiling?



Nothing wrong with those walls
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
MugundaMan
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:30:48 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
@tom_boy

And that's precisely the problem Laughing out loudly
Kenyans hawaoni ubaya na hiyo walling. Pray tell where else in the world have you ever seen such shoddily done walls where the mortar is smeared untidly while keypointing? Angalia za Seuth Efika. Nywee and well done every day all day.

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
tom_boy
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 9:00:28 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2007
Posts: 678
MugundaMan wrote:
@tom_boy

And that's precisely the problem Laughing out loudly
Kenyans hawaoni ubaya na hiyo walling. Pray tell where else in the world have you ever seen such shoddily done walls where the mortar is smeared untidly while keypointing? Angalia za Seuth Efika. Nywee and well done every day all day.



This is the problem of some Africans. We look down on what we have and try to ape what we see out there. This is despite the fact that trying to ape those buildings leads to greater cost and time expense.

Tell me, what do they use out there to build their houses? Most use wood others fired bricks. This creates a need to protect this walling with an extra coating.

In Kenya, we are very blessed to have natural stone that is weather resistant, durable and beautiful. Why spend extra just to ape a mzungu. Jipende kwanza
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
MatataMingi
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 9:57:21 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 334
Location: Where everyone knows you
Correct @tom_boy.

If you use natural stone, and the keying is done neatly, there is NO need to do anything else.
In Europe, the US etc. natural stone is VERY VERY expensive,
Therefore they use concrete blocks, wood, concrete panels etc.
These HAVE to be finished and painted.

Even in Kenya, natural stone is becoming a lot more expensive than concrete blocks.
So you will see it used more and more. This requires it to be plastered and painted.

Eventually, it will be your budget and finishing preference that will decide the way to go.
jamplu
#6 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 10:11:07 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 3/25/2010
Posts: 924
Location: Nai
MugundaMan wrote:
@tom_boy

And that's precisely the problem Laughing out loudly
Kenyans hawaoni ubaya na hiyo walling. Pray tell where else in the world have you ever seen such shoddily done walls where the mortar is smeared untidly while keypointing? Angalia za Seuth Efika. Nywee and well done every day all day.





Why would you dress a stone then go ahead and plaster it??
it will be expensive over time to maintain painted exterior walls than natural stone especially
in your dusty county.







MugundaMan
#7 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 10:20:28 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
tom_boy wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
@tom_boy

And that's precisely the problem Laughing out loudly
Kenyans hawaoni ubaya na hiyo walling. Pray tell where else in the world have you ever seen such shoddily done walls where the mortar is smeared untidly while keypointing? Angalia za Seuth Efika. Nywee and well done every day all day.



This is the problem of some Africans. We look down on what we have and try to ape what we see out there. This is despite the fact that trying to ape those buildings leads to greater cost and time expense.

Tell me, what do they use out there to build their houses? Most use wood others fired bricks. This creates a need to protect this walling with an extra coating.

In Kenya, we are very blessed to have natural stone that is weather resistant, durable and beautiful. Why spend extra just to ape a mzungu. Jipende kwanza


Very funny! Pray tell, why do you "ape mzungu" by wearing modern clothes and not the goat skins your ancestors who used to "jiamini" would wear? Laughing out loudly
"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
MugundaMan
#8 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 10:30:49 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
MatataMingi wrote:
Correct @tom_boy.

If you use natural stone, and the keying is done neatly, there is NO need to do anything else.
In Europe, the US etc. natural stone is VERY VERY expensive,
Therefore they use concrete blocks, wood, concrete panels etc.
These HAVE to be finished and painted.

Even in Kenya, natural stone is becoming a lot more expensive than concrete blocks.
So you will see it used more and more. This requires it to be plastered and painted.

Eventually, it will be your budget and finishing preference that will decide the way to go.


That is my key gripe (pun fully intended) papa. No beef whatsoever with the beautiful grey stone.
"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
sparkly
#9 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 2:35:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,927
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Buy, Develop and Hold expert amekaangwa hapa! No coming back.
Life is short. Live passionately.
MugundaMan
#10 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 3:15:57 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
sparkly wrote:
Buy, Develop and Hold expert amekaangwa hapa! No coming back.


Na "Einstein " wa Wazoo adds his typical zero to the debate other than his typical brainless one liner Laughing out loudly
"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
MatataMingi
#11 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 3:58:00 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 334
Location: Where everyone knows you
MugundaMan wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
Correct @tom_boy.

If you use natural stone, and the keying is done neatly, there is NO need to do anything else.
In Europe, the US etc. natural stone is VERY VERY expensive,
Therefore they use concrete blocks, wood, concrete panels etc.
These HAVE to be finished and painted.

Even in Kenya, natural stone is becoming a lot more expensive than concrete blocks.
So you will see it used more and more. This requires it to be plastered and painted.

Eventually, it will be your budget and finishing preference that will decide the way to go.


That is my key gripe (pun fully intended) papa. No beef whatsoever with the beautiful grey stone.


That dear toto, is up to you.
Why use expensive natural stone and get an inexperienced person to dress it properly.
Bogus project management.

I suggest you learn before you build.

I have just built my 5th. house, over a period of 50 years.
You can never stop learning.
New materials, methods are coming up all the time.
You need to be on top of your game.
Good luck Toto.
MugundaMan
#12 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 5:50:02 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
MatataMingi wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
Correct @tom_boy.

If you use natural stone, and the keying is done neatly, there is NO need to do anything else.
In Europe, the US etc. natural stone is VERY VERY expensive,
Therefore they use concrete blocks, wood, concrete panels etc.
These HAVE to be finished and painted.

Even in Kenya, natural stone is becoming a lot more expensive than concrete blocks.
So you will see it used more and more. This requires it to be plastered and painted.

Eventually, it will be your budget and finishing preference that will decide the way to go.


That is my key gripe (pun fully intended) papa. No beef whatsoever with the beautiful grey stone.


That dear toto, is up to you.
Why use expensive natural stone and get an inexperienced person to dress it properly.
Bogus project management.

I suggest you learn before you build.

I have just built my 5th. house, over a period of 50 years.
You can never stop learning.
New materials, methods are coming up all the time.
You need to be on top of your game.
Good luck Toto.


Methuselah,
Kweli kizungu ni kitu ngumu.
Sometimes talking to people on Wazoo is like being in the twilight zone.
I made a simple statement; that the walling in the picture was terrible.
I gave the reason very clearly :
Quote:
Pray tell where else in the world have you ever seen such shoddily done walls where the mortar is smeared untidly while keypointing?

Where do your 5 (phantom?) mega-mansions and "learning" and issues project management come into this very simple discussion about a shoddily done wall Laughing out loudly ?
Kweli una MatataMingi kichwani! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
MugundaMan
#13 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 6:48:03 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
Yet another example of terrible keying Laughing out loudly
And this house in Karen is going for 30 metre!



"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
MugundaMan
#14 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 6:54:13 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
Now this is a guy who knows what he is doing. Look at the intricate detail and finesse in how he did the both sections of his walls!

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
MugundaMan
#15 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 6:57:37 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
Now this is what you call skill in keying. Not those shoddily built homes some of you love.


"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
hardwood
#16 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 8:02:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,761
MugundaMan wrote:
Now this is a guy who knows what he is doing. Look at the intricate detail and finesse in how he did the both sections of his walls!


This is nice. I love walls that are plastered and painted. Imagine if all the ugly flats in eastlamds were plastered and painted? It would be a major transformation.
Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
MugundaMan
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:37:38 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,700
Location: DC (Dustbowl County)
hardwood wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Now this is a guy who knows what he is doing. Look at the intricate detail and finesse in how he did the both sections of his walls!


This is nice. I love walls that are plastered and painted. Imagine if all the ugly flats in eastlamds were plastered and painted? It would be a major transformation.


According to the tom mupoys and MatataMingis, that sort of walling is excellent and full of "kujiamini" Laughing out loudly
The excuses people make for accepting mediocrity astound me.

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalm 14:1
Dustbowl County is the Future of Kenya.
**1700 posts = Adios (for real this time!)**
sparkly
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:22:15 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,927
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Buy, Develop and Hold expert amekaangwa hapa! No coming back.


Na "Einstein " wa Wazoo adds his typical zero to the debate other than his typical brainless one liner Laughing out loudly


Don't tackle the referee my guy. I have judged the "debate" and you lost badly.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.