Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Jun 16, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [199]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [12907]
Low End Housing: High Risk, High Return [325]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1089]
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5% [45]
KenGen HY 2019 [59]
KCB and NBK material announcement [93]
NBK FY18 [11]
Williamson Tea &, Kapchorua [25]
Kitengela to Rongai Road Construction and Tarmacki... [38]
Centum FY 2019 eps up 69% with div of 1.20/- [37]
Rongai Road Expansion [60]
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy! [1201]
Safaricom FY 2018/19 [121]
TPS Serena FY16 [26]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Jubilee Insurance FY 2018.....Anyone ?
young
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:26:00 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,862
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Please provide info when the news unfold?

Hope the bi-annual 1:10 bonus(scrip dividend) will apply for FY 2018.......

The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
peep
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:53:41 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/30/2009
Posts: 51
Insurance numbers for 2018 have been bad, I don't expect different from JHL. They haven't issued a profit warning, so I guess that it will be flat. I can live with zero dividend and the traditional bonus.
VituVingiSana
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:21:53 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,888
Location: Nairobi
peep wrote:
Insurance numbers for 2018 have been bad, I don't expect different from JHL. They haven't issued a profit warning, so I guess that it will be flat. I can live with zero dividend and the traditional bonus.

A flat performance from JHL is a much better performance than what most insurance firms have reported! Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
young
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 1:47:19 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,862
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
I believe the result will be out on or before Friday 26th April.


1:10 traditional bonus every other year still in the cards .
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 1:54:08 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,689
Location: NAIROBI
young wrote:
I believe the result will be out on or before Friday Friday 25th April.


1:10 traditional bonus every other year still in the cards .

25th April is on Thursday.
With the way they have delayed points a rosy picture of what to expect.
They are bleeding businesses in the motor vehicle and medical insurance segments
young
#6 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 1:56:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,862
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
I believe the result will be out on or before Friday Friday 25th April.


1:10 traditional bonus every other year still in the cards .

25th April is on Thursday.
With the way they have delayed points a rosy picture of what to expect.
Last year they also lost Safaricom medical business which was worth ksh.2bn per annum in premiums


Thanks for correcting the date to 26th.
Have amended accordingly
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:20:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,862
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
3 more working days to end of April, dateline for earnings report announcement
by coys.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
littledove
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:26:07 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 699
Location: sky
young wrote:
3 more working days to end of April, dateline for earnings report announcement
by coys.

this is not normal for jubilee!, what are they preparing or cooking?
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
sparkly
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 5:37:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,927
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
littledove wrote:
young wrote:
3 more working days to end of April, dateline for earnings report announcement
by coys.

this is not normal for jubilee!, what are they preparing or cooking?


Julius Kipngetich transferred Uchumi monkey business there.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:57:29 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:
young wrote:
3 more working days to end of April, dateline for earnings report announcement
by coys.

this is not normal for jubilee!, what are they preparing or cooking?


Julius Kipngetich transferred Uchumi monkey business there.

I told you guys that the guy is not fit enough
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
young
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 2:40:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,862
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Waiting for the last working day in April.
Tues 30th April
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#12 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 9:12:13 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,689
Location: NAIROBI
young wrote:
Waiting for the last working day in April.
Tues 30th April


Monday 29 April 2019
Jubilee Holdings FY Results release
VituVingiSana
#13 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 1:53:21 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,888
Location: Nairobi
https://www.businessdail...8780-n50hdkz/index.html How Jubilee survived 2018 insurance industry losses
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#14 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 2:42:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Jubilee-survived-2018-insurance-losses/4003102-5118780-n50hdkz/index.html How Jubilee survived 2018 insurance industry losses

Like a true Indian, he lets out his business secrets but still prospers.. Very good strategies by the way
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
VituVingiSana
#15 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 6:52:45 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,888
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Jubilee-survived-2018-insurance-losses/4003102-5118780-n50hdkz/index.html How Jubilee survived 2018 insurance industry losses

Like a true Indian, he lets out his business secrets but still prospers.. Very good strategies by the way

I did not read any "secrets" but that JIL executed well.

1) Keep costs low. "We had the lowest expense ratio in the industry"

2) Diversify. JIL is a regional (not Kenyan) insurer. "Our growth in Uganda and Tanzania strengthened our market leadership" "diversified by investing in a number of quality companies"

3) Sustainable and Conservative growth and investments. "Our conservative approach to investments" "putting more of our money in government bonds." "government guaranteed investments to get return in dollar terms."

4) Smart/Good Investment Allocation policy. "took a decision about five years ago to cut our exposure at NSE gradually"

5) Digital channels to expand the reach "automated simple tasks like giving quotations to customers" "customer service team to handle complex enquiries."

I think Jubilee has a superb board which pushes the management to execute on their objectives.
The Chairman is also listed as a major shareholder.

The conservative investment approach, lid on expenses and digitization has helped JIL do very well over the years. JIL makes errors too but overall it is well run. Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#16 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 7:19:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,646
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Jubilee-survived-2018-insurance-losses/4003102-5118780-n50hdkz/index.html How Jubilee survived 2018 insurance industry losses

Like a true Indian, he lets out his business secrets but still prospers.. Very good strategies by the way

I did not read any "secrets" but that JIL executed well.

1) Keep costs low. "We had the lowest expense ratio in the industry"

2) Diversify. JIL is a regional (not Kenyan) insurer. "Our growth in Uganda and Tanzania strengthened our market leadership" "diversified by investing in a number of quality companies"

3) Sustainable and Conservative growth and investments. "Our conservative approach to investments" "putting more of our money in government bonds." "government guaranteed investments to get return in dollar terms."

4) Smart/Good Investment Allocation policy. "took a decision about five years ago to cut our exposure at NSE gradually"

5) Digital channels to expand the reach "automated simple tasks like giving quotations to customers" "customer service team to handle complex enquiries."

I think Jubilee has a superb board which pushes the management to execute on their objectives.
The Chairman is also listed as a major shareholder.

The conservative investment approach, lid on expenses and digitization has helped JIL do very well over the years. JIL makes errors too but overall it is well run. Applause

A solid company that has never appeared on Yasserbigchair list of stocks to sell..
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
Superprime1
#17 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 7:42:42 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/2/2018
Posts: 197
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Jubilee-survived-2018-insurance-losses/4003102-5118780-n50hdkz/index.html How Jubilee survived 2018 insurance industry losses

Like a true Indian, he lets out his business secrets but still prospers.. Very good strategies by the way

I did not read any "secrets" but that JIL executed well.

1) Keep costs low. "We had the lowest expense ratio in the industry"

2) Diversify. JIL is a regional (not Kenyan) insurer. "Our growth in Uganda and Tanzania strengthened our market leadership" "diversified by investing in a number of quality companies"

3) Sustainable and Conservative growth and investments. "Our conservative approach to investments" "putting more of our money in government bonds." "government guaranteed investments to get return in dollar terms."

4) Smart/Good Investment Allocation policy. "took a decision about five years ago to cut our exposure at NSE gradually"

5) Digital channels to expand the reach "automated simple tasks like giving quotations to customers" "customer service team to handle complex enquiries."

I think Jubilee has a superb board which pushes the management to execute on their objectives.
The Chairman is also listed as a major shareholder.

The conservative investment approach, lid on expenses and digitization has helped JIL do very well over the years. JIL makes errors too but overall it is well run. Applause

A solid company that has never appeared on Yasserbigchair list of stocks to sell..

For once, @VVS and @Obiero seem to be in agreement! Or has someone's account been hacked? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.