Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Aug 23, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Britam FY 2018 [43]
Free charting website for Kenyan stocks [5]
STOCKS TO SELL by yaserbigchair [1165]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [13532]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [405]
Madness at the NSE [1803]
Shafted by a Wazuan [78]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2034]
M-Akiba treasury bonds via mobile [382]
Kenya Economy Watch [2166]
KCB and NBK material announcement [184]
Why dustbowl is the future [369]
SBG Securities iTrader [103]
Nation Media Group full year 2018 [63]
Coop Bank 2019 [1]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
KENGEN FY18
Pesa Nane
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:55:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:14:34 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,184
Location: Nairobi
What's the deal with the restatement?

Interesting Note: Finance Income > Finance Costs
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:22:00 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Dividend Kshs. 0.40

closure 06 December 2018
Payable 07 February 2019
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Ericsson
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:13:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,060
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
What's the deal with the restatement?

Interesting Note: Finance Income > Finance Costs


Finance Income>Finance costs;Part of the cash money they have for projects was put into fixed deposit accounts and government securities to earn an income.
They have a very bright fellow in-charge of Finance

@vvs
The reduced interest expense/finance costs is due to reducing closing balance of the Infrastructure Bond.
BKB
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:18:19 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 1/14/2015
Posts: 13
Location: KYN
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
What's the deal with the restatement?

Interesting Note: Finance Income > Finance Costs


Finance Income>Finance costs;Part of the cash money they have for projects was put into fixed deposit accounts and government securities to earn an income.
They have a very bright fellow in-charge of Finance


Applause Applause Applause Applause
Superprime1
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:27:14 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/2/2018
Posts: 213
Pesa Nane wrote:
Dividend Kshs. 0.40

closure 06 December 2018
Payable 07 February 2019


A dividend finally after two consecutive years of dry spell. Little wonder then that stock has been acting bullish after dipping to nearly 6 bob...Applause
Ericsson
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:42:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,060
Location: NAIROBI
Tomorrow ksh.8 per share will be smashed.
Ericsson
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:43:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,060
Location: NAIROBI
Pesa Nane wrote:
Dividend Kshs. 0.40

closure 06 December 2018
Payable 07 February 2019

Applause Applause Applause
Good work Pesa Nane for sharing the information timely
sparkly
#9 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 6:55:49 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,129
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
Tomorrow ksh.8 per share will be smashed.


On the contrary, the mini run is likely to cool off... buy the rumours, sell the news.
Life is short. Live passionately.
KaunganaDoDo
#10 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:20:16 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 157
VituVingiSana wrote:
What's the deal with the restatement?

Interesting Note: Finance Income > Finance Costs


Restatement also awaits KPLC....chop off 3 billion from 2016/17 PBT...or higher...
Ericsson
#11 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:55:51 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,060
Location: NAIROBI
Pesa Nane tuweke balance sheet and cash flow statement hapa
watesh
#12 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 9:57:02 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 720
Location: Kenya
Pesa Nane wrote:
Dividend Kshs. 0.40

closure 06 December 2018
Payable 07 February 2019

5% yield is really attractive....
Pesa Nane
#13 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 10:08:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane tuweke balance sheet and cash flow statement hapa


Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Ericsson
#14 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:18:55 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,060
Location: NAIROBI
The KenGen Kenya dividend will not be a one-off payment; the board has a firm dividend policy and it intends to adhere to - CEO Rebecca_miano
AndyC
#15 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:31:55 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/21/2015
Posts: 110
Ericsson wrote:
The KenGen Kenya dividend will not be a one-off payment; the board has a firm dividend policy and it intends to adhere to - CEO Rebecca_miano


Why should we trust them now? The rights prospectus promised dividends and delivered drought.
Ericsson
#16 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:40:05 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,060
Location: NAIROBI
AndyC wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The KenGen Kenya dividend will not be a one-off payment; the board has a firm dividend policy and it intends to adhere to - CEO Rebecca_miano


Why should we trust them now? The rights prospectus promised dividends and delivered drought.

Be patient like Obiero with KQ and vvs with KK
Superprime1
#17 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:58:35 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/2/2018
Posts: 213
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Tomorrow ksh.8 per share will be smashed.


On the contrary, the mini run is likely to cool off... buy the rumours, sell the news.

Indeed, hasn't gone close to 8/=
Ericsson
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:26:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,060
Location: NAIROBI
Highest dividend amount Kengen has paid in it's history.
littledove
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:44:18 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 716
Location: sky
Ericsson wrote:
Highest dividend amount Kengen has paid in it's history.

for the last 10 years they have paid between 0.40 and 0.65
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ericsson
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 4:09:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,060
Location: NAIROBI
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Highest dividend amount Kengen has paid in it's history.

for the last 10 years they have paid between 0.40 and 0.65


They are paying a total of ksh.2.6bn.Previously 0.40 was equal to ksh.880mn.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.