Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Jan 19, 2019
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [11588]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1151]
Telkom and Airtel Kenya Merger? [17]
Mobile Loans Ponzi [94]
Safaricom HY 2018/2019 [126]
Centum Full Year results 2017/2018 [147]
Why investing in the NSE is fool's gold and a wast... [118]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [168]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2495]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3039]
Homeownership journeys [58]
Building a bungalow in phases [11]
Centum HY 2018/2019 [28]
R.I.P Jack Bogle [1]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [216]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Platinum Credit Bond.
whiteowl
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 9:56:07 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/16/2014
Posts: 1,300
Location: Bohemian Grove
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?
maka
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:10:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 10,841
Location: Nairobi
whiteowl wrote:
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?



Dont... Corporate bonds in Kenya are bogus... Apart from notes issued by Scom and EABL.
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:27:11 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,824
maka wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?



Dont... Corporate bonds in Kenya are bogus... Apart from notes issued by Scom and EABL.


You will be left crying on the streets of Nairobi with nobody/nowhere to turn!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:50:54 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?



Dont... Corporate bonds in Kenya are bogus... Apart from notes issued by Scom and EABL.


You will be left crying on the streets of Nairobi with nobody/nowhere to turn!!!

@whiteowl if you have to ask, it's already a bad sign!
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:55:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,824
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?



Dont... Corporate bonds in Kenya are bogus... Apart from notes issued by Scom and EABL.


You will be left crying on the streets of Nairobi with nobody/nowhere to turn!!!

@whiteowl if you have to ask, it's already a bad sign!


Hiyo wachia fund managers who can lose other people's money without flinching!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
whiteowl
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:39:35 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/16/2014
Posts: 1,300
Location: Bohemian Grove
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?



Dont... Corporate bonds in Kenya are bogus... Apart from notes issued by Scom and EABL.


You will be left crying on the streets of Nairobi with nobody/nowhere to turn!!!

@whiteowl if you have to ask, it's already a bad sign!


Hiyo wachia fund managers who can lose other people's money without flinching!!!


Thank you all for your input.One red flag I'd noted is Centum selling the remaining stake of the parent company afew months ago.Those guys have a record of cashing out at the "right" time.
Angelica _ann
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:46:23 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,824
Where is the prospectus?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mlennyma
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 9:49:33 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,878
Location: nairobi
whiteowl wrote:
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?

Is this shylock mature enough to issue a credible bond?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
kediveKed
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 10:38:05 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 3/28/2016
Posts: 15
Location: nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?

Is this shylock mature enough to issue a credible bond?

I know these guys. very good and stable business.
Angelica _ann
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 10:48:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,824
kediveKed wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?

Is this shylock mature enough to issue a credible bond?

I know these guys. very good and stable business.


Even Chase Bank was like that .....
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mwekez@ji
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:17:56 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,059
Angelica _ann wrote:
Where is the prospectus?

mwekez@ji
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:20:07 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 5,059
... out of curiosity, what the interest rate and tenor of this bond?
KulaRaha
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:44:43 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,361
Angelica _ann wrote:
kediveKed wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Are there any red flags before someone considers investing in this company?

Is this shylock mature enough to issue a credible bond?

I know these guys. very good and stable business.


Even Chase Bank was like that .....

Imperial was also a good bank.

Cytonn is fruit falling from heaven.....
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
whiteowl
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 4:46:12 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/16/2014
Posts: 1,300
Location: Bohemian Grove
Angelica _ann wrote:
Where is the prospectus?


1.Issue Size: KES 400mn;

2.Tenors: 1 year, and a 2 year;

3.Yields:1 year-16.5%;  and 2 year- 17.0%.

What's the simplest way to share a PDF here?
Chaka
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 4:55:54 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,024
Why not borrow this sort of cash from their banker?

whiteowl wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Where is the prospectus?


1.Issue Size: KES 400mn;

2.Tenors: 1 year, and a 2 year;

3.Yields:1 year-16.5%;  and 2 year- 17.0%.

What's the simplest way to share a PDF here?

winmak
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:46:16 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 393
Location: Nakuru
Chaka wrote:
Why not borrow this sort of cash from their banker?

whiteowl wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Where is the prospectus?


1.Issue Size: KES 400mn;

2.Tenors: 1 year, and a 2 year;

3.Yields:1 year-16.5%;  and 2 year- 17.0%.

What's the simplest way to share a PDF here?


And the yield is suspiciously high
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
tony stark
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 5:47:02 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 7/8/2008
Posts: 799
winmak wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Why not borrow this sort of cash from their banker?

whiteowl wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Where is the prospectus?


1.Issue Size: KES 400mn;

2.Tenors: 1 year, and a 2 year;

3.Yields:1 year-16.5%;  and 2 year- 17.0%.

What's the simplest way to share a PDF here?


And the yield is suspiciously high


Junk bond. High return high risk!
KulaRaha
#18 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:11:32 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,361
tony stark wrote:
winmak wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Why not borrow this sort of cash from their banker?

whiteowl wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Where is the prospectus?


1.Issue Size: KES 400mn;

2.Tenors: 1 year, and a 2 year;

3.Yields:1 year-16.5%;  and 2 year- 17.0%.

What's the simplest way to share a PDF here?


And the yield is suspiciously high


Junk bond. High return high risk!


There is a company that pays higher for funds...we all know who it is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
TALK'17
#19 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:49:26 AM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 3/2/2018
Posts: 5
Location: Nairobi
The yields are not suspicious! Go ahead and establish the return on their products, investors should demand higher rates based on the trading info. Also the yields factor in the risk premium,dealing with a middle tier company that is privately held.
winmak
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:16:05 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 393
Location: Nakuru
TALK'17 wrote:
The yields are not suspicious! Go ahead and establish the return on their products, investors should demand higher rates based on the trading info. Also the yields factor in the risk premium,dealing with a middle tier company that is privately held.


3 posts and you are already defending a company. But thanks for the advice on risk premium. Very well noted
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.