Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Jun 18, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [12926]
Williamson Tea &, Kapchorua [26]
KenGen HY 2019 [67]
1/4 Acre for Sale - Nkoroi [17]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [230]
KCB and NBK material announcement [96]
Sameer smeared? [27]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1092]
Centum HY 2018/2019 [69]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2614]
Atlas Development and Support Services listing in ... [99]
Sameer Africa HY18 [6]
STOCKS TO BUY by yaserbigchair [149]
Buying stocks in tandem with the dividends calenda... [6]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3136]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

14 Pages«<910111213>»
Kenya Re - 2018 and beyond
Ericsson
#201 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 11:57:09 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,702
Location: NAIROBI
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.
the deal
#202 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 4:46:02 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,466
Location: Windhoek/Nairobbery
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.

Another VVS stock? smile smile ... anyways terrible results...I was thinking of investing here...these results have scared me
murchr
#203 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 4:52:57 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,481
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.


That Arap mashamba move. H2 should be ok after customers regain confidence with the company.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
obiero
#204 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 6:07:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,666
Location: nairobi
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.

Another VVS stock? smile smile ... anyways terrible results...I was thinking of investing here...these results have scared me

Leave the old man alone.. He is no short termer. But yenyewe the results are terrible and smelly
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 221,100
VituVingiSana
#205 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 6:55:13 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,896
Location: Nairobi
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.

Another VVS stock? smile smile ... anyways terrible results...I was thinking of investing here...these results have scared me

Please stay away. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
We are happy with less competition when buying more shares. Do return when we are ready to sell Applause Applause Applause

He wants substantial earnings, for sure, but cares not at all whether they are consistent: "I'd rather have a lumpy 15% return on capital," he has often said, "than a smooth 12%."

"Buffett says if you don't feel comfortable owning a stock for 10 years, you shouldn't own it for 10 minutes."

I admit I wasn't too thrilled when Mwarania was bundled out but #BringMwaraniaBack worked Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#206 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:29:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,929
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.

Another VVS stock? smile smile ... anyways terrible results...I was thinking of investing here...these results have scared me

Please stay away. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
We are happy with less competition when buying more shares. Do return when we are ready to sell Applause Applause Applause

He wants substantial earnings, for sure, but cares not at all whether they are consistent: "I'd rather have a lumpy 15% return on capital," he has often said, "than a smooth 12%."

"Buffett says if you don't feel comfortable owning a stock for 10 years, you shouldn't own it for 10 minutes."

I admit I wasn't too thrilled when Mwarania was bundled out but #BringMwaraniaBack worked Applause Applause Applause


Shareholders' funds grew by 7.3%. NAV is now 40 bob per share.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#207 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:46:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,702
Location: NAIROBI
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.

Another VVS stock? smile smile ... anyways terrible results...I was thinking of investing here...these results have scared me

Please stay away. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
We are happy with less competition when buying more shares. Do return when we are ready to sell Applause Applause Applause

He wants substantial earnings, for sure, but cares not at all whether they are consistent: "I'd rather have a lumpy 15% return on capital," he has often said, "than a smooth 12%."

"Buffett says if you don't feel comfortable owning a stock for 10 years, you shouldn't own it for 10 minutes."

I admit I wasn't too thrilled when Mwarania was bundled out but #BringMwaraniaBack worked Applause Applause Applause


Shareholders' funds grew by 7.3%. NAV is now 40 bob per share.


With zero debt on it's books
sparkly
#208 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 4:22:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,929
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.

Another VVS stock? smile smile ... anyways terrible results...I was thinking of investing here...these results have scared me

Please stay away. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
We are happy with less competition when buying more shares. Do return when we are ready to sell Applause Applause Applause

He wants substantial earnings, for sure, but cares not at all whether they are consistent: "I'd rather have a lumpy 15% return on capital," he has often said, "than a smooth 12%."

"Buffett says if you don't feel comfortable owning a stock for 10 years, you shouldn't own it for 10 minutes."

I admit I wasn't too thrilled when Mwarania was bundled out but #BringMwaraniaBack worked Applause Applause Applause


Shareholders' funds grew by 7.3%. NAV is now 40 bob per share.


With zero debt on it's books


Kenya Re fwd EPS based on half year results is 3.52. DY based on full year 2017 is 5.15%.

NASI DY is 3.9% and PE is 13.9.

Kenya Re is above average compared to NASI on DY and PE basis. If you apply the NASI DY and PE ratios, Kenya Re should trade at 21.8 and 48.9 respectively.

Mean price from NAV, DY and PE valuation is
KShs 36.9.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Kenya Re is worth 37 Bob with a 123% upside potential from current price of KShs 16.5.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#209 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 7:33:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,702
Location: NAIROBI
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.

Another VVS stock? smile smile ... anyways terrible results...I was thinking of investing here...these results have scared me

Please stay away. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
We are happy with less competition when buying more shares. Do return when we are ready to sell Applause Applause Applause

He wants substantial earnings, for sure, but cares not at all whether they are consistent: "I'd rather have a lumpy 15% return on capital," he has often said, "than a smooth 12%."

"Buffett says if you don't feel comfortable owning a stock for 10 years, you shouldn't own it for 10 minutes."

I admit I wasn't too thrilled when Mwarania was bundled out but #BringMwaraniaBack worked Applause Applause Applause


Shareholders' funds grew by 7.3%. NAV is now 40 bob per share.


With zero debt on it's books


Kenya Re fwd EPS based on half year results is 3.52. DY based on full year 2017 is 5.15%.

NASI DY is 3.9% and PE is 13.9.

Kenya Re is above average compared to NASI on DY and PE basis. If you apply the NASI DY and PE ratios, Kenya Re should trade at 21.8 and 48.9 respectively.

Mean price from NAV, DY and PE valuation is
KShs 36.9.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Kenya Re is worth 37 Bob with a 123% upside potential from current price of KShs 16.5.


FY dividend is projected to be at sh.0.90 per share
Ericsson
#210 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:33:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,702
Location: NAIROBI
@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.
Their biggest chunk of corporate bonds is in the NIC bank and Centum
sparkly
#211 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:53:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,929
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.
Their biggest chunk of corporate bonds is in the NIC bank and Centum


Huge investments in GOK securities.
Life is short. Live passionately.
maka
#212 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:55:16 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,044
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.
Their biggest chunk of corporate bonds is in the NIC bank and Centum


Huge investments in GOK securities.


Everyone has massive GOK securities... God forbid....
possunt quia posse videntur
sparkly
#213 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 7:06:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,929
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.
Their biggest chunk of corporate bonds is in the NIC bank and Centum


Huge investments in GOK securities.


Everyone has massive GOK securities... God forbid....


Indeed, the state holds too much of corporate assets. If GOK defaults...
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#214 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 7:25:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,702
Location: NAIROBI
sparkly wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.
Their biggest chunk of corporate bonds is in the NIC bank and Centum


Huge investments in GOK securities.


Everyone has massive GOK securities... God forbid....


Indeed, the state holds too much of corporate assets. If GOK defaults...


Difficult,they just increase taxes to get the money 💵
Ericsson
#215 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 3:42:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,702
Location: NAIROBI
Jadiah Mwarania back with a bang;

https://www.businessdail...850-107i2l5z/index.html

Kenya Reinsurance Corporation (Kenya Re) says it will boost its holdings of government securities as it chases guaranteed returns in an uncertain economy.
The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) listed re-insurer made little change in its investment mix portfolio in the first half of the year, where government securities comprised 47 per cent on its investment book — and 39 per cent of total assets — in the half year period ended June 30 this year.
“Our strategy is to focus on real time diversification to government securities with competitive coupons,” said chief executive Jadiah Mwarania (pictured) on Friday.
“We will also step up market intelligence on quoted equity instruments for realisation of capital gains besides adopting strategic exposure to companies with high dividend pay-out,
wukan
#216 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 4:02:59 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,107
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.
Their biggest chunk of corporate bonds is in the NIC bank and Centum


Huge investments in GOK securities.


Everyone has massive GOK securities... God forbid....


Indeed, the state holds too much of corporate assets. If GOK defaults...


Difficult,they just increase taxes to get the money 💵


Laffer curve-increasing taxes rates beyond a certain point is counter-productive for raising further tax revenue. Moodys downgraded the major banks for being too invested in GoK securities. Too much faith in GoK when it couldn't raise anything to share with counties in July
Ericsson
#217 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 4:57:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,702
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.businessdail...29902-6byg3l/index.html
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation (Kenya Re), which offers cover to more than 160 insurance companies spread out in over 45 countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia says it is eyeing new markets across the globe to boost income in the face of stiffening competition both locally and abroad.
Chief executive officer Jadiah Mwarania said the NSE-listed re-insurer is looking to open regional offices in new markets besides expanding the company's line of insurance products where it already operates.
Mr Mwarania noted that several countries have domesticated their reinsurance markets or set up State-owned national reinsurance companies that are eating into its business.
“When they form these national reinsurers it means they get compulsory cessions which reduces the volume of business available for foreign reinsurers.”
Countries that have done this include Uganda, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Vietnam among others.
“We will counter this by setting up regional offices in response to domestication which will help us become more competitive,” said Mr Mwarania at a Friday press briefing shortly after announcing the company’s results. “We are also pursuing new reinsurance markets such as northern Africa, Middle East and Asia.”
Ebenyo
#218 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 7:58:53 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,625
Location: Kitale
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Kenya-Re-adopts-global-outlook-amid-competition/4003102-4729902-6byg3l/index.html
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation (Kenya Re), which offers cover to more than 160 insurance companies spread out in over 45 countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia says it is eyeing new markets across the globe to boost income in the face of stiffening competition both locally and abroad.
Chief executive officer Jadiah Mwarania said the NSE-listed re-insurer is looking to open regional offices in new markets besides expanding the company's line of insurance products where it already operates.
Mr Mwarania noted that several countries have domesticated their reinsurance markets or set up State-owned national reinsurance companies that are eating into its business.
“When they form these national reinsurers it means they get compulsory cessions which reduces the volume of business available for foreign reinsurers.”
Countries that have done this include Uganda, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Vietnam among others.
“We will counter this by setting up regional offices in response to domestication which will help us become more competitive,” said Mr Mwarania at a Friday press briefing shortly after announcing the company’s results. “We are also pursuing new reinsurance markets such as northern Africa, Middle East and Asia.”




Good counter strategy.
Since they have penetrated africa,middle east and asia,they could also try europe and america.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
the deal
#219 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 10:41:25 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,466
Location: Windhoek/Nairobbery
Slowly but it's coming back to the old days of 10 Bob Applause Applause Applause
Ericsson
#220 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 11:16:50 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,702
Location: NAIROBI
the deal wrote:
Slowly but it's coming back to the old days of 10 Bob Applause Applause Applause


On the contrary its heading towards 20
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
14 Pages«<910111213>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.