Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Ken Binyavanga Wainaina [11]
Somalia in the 1980s - before collapse and alshaba... [4]
Is Semenya a Man or is He a Woman? [98]
Cytonn could be liable for Money Laundry? [4]
Corruption - Swazuri arrested [17]
HIV Cure now in sight [97]
I leave this here [2]
US - China tariffs war [103]
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery... [44]
What has your governor done for you? [657]
Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Kenya - Contac... [6]
Huduma Namba Je Una yako? [156]
Affordable Housing by Government of Kenya [126]
Meeting the devil [3]
Ban on used moter vehicle parts [30]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Cholera diagnosis in the city?
muganda
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:15:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/15/2006
Posts: 3,853
murchr
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:21:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,396
Its not an outbreak when 2, 3 or even 10 people are affected. The food may have been cooked using sewage water..however, sanitation in the city is wanting and that, if for no any other reason should be enough to send Kidero home. Health is a devolved function and the city should have health officials inspecting food and eatery places
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
hardwood
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:41:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,675
I no longer take food during those mass gatherings like weddings. I only take a soda or phombe. This is because on some two occasions I had serious stomach problems. The above case may not have been cholera but food poisoning. Most of the food at such events is prepared on the previous day, and may end up being contaminated. Refrigeration of such humongous amounts of food is also difficult thus making it prone to contamination.
majimaji
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:45:42 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 1,160
muganda wrote:


Was the venue Karen or Rongai?
sheri
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:15:46 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/11/2007
Posts: 694
muganda wrote:

Why does the government want to finish its people. Sad Sad
TSi
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:12:34 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/27/2015
Posts: 130
majimaji wrote:
muganda wrote:


Was the venue Karen or Rongai?


Ngombe wewe
Swenani
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:07:05 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 12,987
Location: Vacuum
murchr wrote:
Its not an outbreak when 2, 3 or even 10 people are affected. The food may have been cooked using sewage water..however, sanitation in the city is wanting and that, if for no any other reason should be enough to send Kidero home. Health is a devolved function and the city should have health officials inspecting food and eatery places


So the Ebola in Congo is not an outbreak since only 3 people have so far been affected
Poverty is the root of all evil
Swenani
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:08:44 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 12,987
Location: Vacuum
muganda wrote:


This is food poisoning
Poverty is the root of all evil
majimaji
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:25:18 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 1,160
TSi wrote:
majimaji wrote:
muganda wrote:


Was the venue Karen or Rongai?


Ngombe wewe


Is ok. But story looks like fake news to me.
maka
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:10:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,004
Location: Nairobi
I think county officials have confirmed it's cholera....
possunt quia posse videntur
muganda
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:38:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/15/2006
Posts: 3,853
As a rule of 'pinky finger', if they admit to it, it's baaad.

murchr
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:24:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,396
Swenani wrote:
murchr wrote:
Its not an outbreak when 2, 3 or even 10 people are affected. The food may have been cooked using sewage water..however, sanitation in the city is wanting and that, if for no any other reason should be enough to send Kidero home. Health is a devolved function and the city should have health officials inspecting food and eatery places


So the Ebola in Congo is not an outbreak since only 3 people have so far been affected


How can it be an outbreak yet these people ate from the same sufuria? No one else is reported to be sick.

Quote:
Cholera Causes

Vibrio cholerae, the bacterium that causes cholera, is usually found in food or water contaminated by feces from a person with the infection.


Pray

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Thitifini
#13 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 12:36:57 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2015
Posts: 535
Location: Kenya
murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
murchr wrote:
Its not an outbreak when 2, 3 or even 10 people are affected. The food may have been cooked using sewage water..however, sanitation in the city is wanting and that, if for no any other reason should be enough to send Kidero home. Health is a devolved function and the city should have health officials inspecting food and eatery places


So the Ebola in Congo is not an outbreak since only 3 people have so far been affected


How can it be an outbreak yet these people ate from the same sufuria? No one else is reported to be sick.

Quote:
Cholera Causes

Vibrio cholerae, the bacterium that causes cholera, is usually found in food or water contaminated by feces from a person with the infection.


Pray



If relatives infect themselves, can it be considered an outbreak?

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Bigchick
#14 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 5:49:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 3,572
Location: At Large.
muganda wrote:



Pole to the bereaved but allow me to ask,when people gather and eat some food that affects them how is that governments problem?

Who was the caterer?Start from there.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
murchr
#15 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 6:03:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,396
Bigchick wrote:
muganda wrote:



Pole to the bereaved but allow me to ask,when people gather and eat some food that affects them how is that governments problem?

Who was the caterer?Start from there.


Is the caterer licensed? Have they been given a permit to feed you? If someone is serving food to the public it becomes the governments problem. Sijui kama umekutana na muhealth? But ofcourse Nairobians would not know that, these laws are only good on paper...it used to happen in the past

Read
http://www.nairobi.go.ke...-county-act2013-2-1.pdf

http://www.nairobi.go.ke...and-regulations/by-laws
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
maka
#16 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 10:18:19 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,004
Location: Nairobi
CHOLERA KILLS 1 in Vihiga as 2 others are treated, discharged; Vihiga director of health Quido Ahindukha says disease contracted in Nairobi.
possunt quia posse videntur
hardwood
#17 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 10:32:12 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,675
http://www.the-star.co.k...-five-admitted_c1563993

Quote:
The Nairobi county has activated cholera treatment centres following an outbreak of the disease in the city.

Health executive Bernard Muia and chief officer Sam Ochola yesterday said five cases of the disease have been confirmed.

“Five people are admitted at the Nairobi Hospital and laboratory tests have confirmed that they contracted the disease,” Muia said.

He, however, said the disease “is an imported case” as the five who have been admitted had travelled to the city last weekend from Vihiga to attend a wedding in Karen.
Swenani
#18 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 7:09:01 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 12,987
Location: Vacuum
Vihiga
Poverty is the root of all evil
murchr
#19 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 8:04:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,396
It will be wise to expose this caterer before s/he cooks for another delegation
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
hardwood
#20 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 9:58:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,675
murchr wrote:
It will be wise to expose this caterer before s/he cooks for another delegation

Which hole have you been living in? Fact is that cholera infected people travelled from vihiga and brought the disease to Nairobi. They must have shaken hands with the other wedding goers. The caterer is not to blame otherwise if the food was contaminated, hundreds or thousands who partook in the feast could be sick (or dead) by now.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.