Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Nov 17, 2018
SME
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya's Bonfire named Africa's top travel agency [2]
Work from home [25]
Website [17]
Random business idesas [16]
Nipe Lift [10]
SHOCKED - Less than 15,000 Nairobian's earning abo... [197]
55 Business Ideas with ready business plans [7]
Start part time job [1]
Flour Milling Business [23]
Jobless in Kenya? Perhaps you need to rethink your... [12]
VOIP -Mobile termination business [12]
AirBnB [9]
Venturing into mitumba shoes business [15]
Fresh cut potato processing unit for Sale [1]
Kumbe a Professor earns only 165k....before tax [86]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Website
2012
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:56:05 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 5,898
Location: Nairobi
What is a fair cost to pay a web developer for a website?

What people think of you is none of your business. °😱
radio
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:24:48 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/9/2009
Posts: 1,982
2012 wrote:
What is a fair cost to pay a web developer for a website?


A website, like a car, depends on many factors. You cannot ask what is fair price to pay for a car. Or can you?
chemirocha
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:49:29 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/30/2016
Posts: 332
Location: Rift Valley
2012 wrote:
What is a fair cost to pay a web developer for a website?


Your requirements determine the cost. The simplest brochure website shouldn't cost more than 10k.

More features mean more costs.
obiero
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:14:13 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,685
Location: nairobi
chemirocha wrote:
2012 wrote:
What is a fair cost to pay a web developer for a website?


Your requirements determine the cost. The simplest brochure website shouldn't cost more than 10k.

More features mean more costs.

Minimum 10k, maximum can run into millions like Facebook :)
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,500; KQ 95,000
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:01:26 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/15/2015
Posts: 817
2012 wrote:
What is a fair cost to pay a web developer for a website?


look at it this way . domain registration for your website is max $10.00 per year.Hosting for your website is maximum $5.00 per month so the bulk of your cost should depend on the bigness of the website.A news website will cost more to setup and maintain compared to a company website providing company info.Oh! did i say website templates are free online and i donot mean the website templates that make your website look like a government website ..
alma1
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:30:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 2,177
Location: hapo
Ati website 10k?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?
deadpoet
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:48:50 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/27/2006
Posts: 399
what are some reputable local web development firms that can create ecommerce sites like jumia?
kenyahostingexperts
#8 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 3:10:14 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 1/16/2017
Posts: 1
I have developed websites for 10 years now. My charges are from Ksh 20,000 for a professionally done website with about 20 pages or so.

I have developed websites for corporates too with prices running into millions

So basically it depends with the complexity and amount of work involved.

The simple professional websites will take me about 4hrs to develop.

Examples of 20k websites include the following
www.leadership.co.ke
www.bluepitch.co.ke
www.ziwala.co.ke
www.dytechassociates.net
www.ecowarriors.co.ke

I do content writing & design logos for most of the websites that I do at no extra cost because most clients may not have the content ready. So long as I get a glimpse of what you company is about I will research on the info and create a website in no time.

I do not take any deposits. Payment is always after work done. You got to see what you paying for.

Complex sites would include(Complexity is more that what you see)
icta.go.ke
icta.go.ke/digischool
icta.go.ke/digitalent
icta.go.ke/standards
icta.go.ke/connected

In my 10years, I have developed over 4000 websites for small and medium sized businesses

I also do domain registration and hosting @ Ksh 2000 per year with over 4000 websites hosted most of them my clients

To get in touch +254 721-351344

My website: www.kenyahostingexperts.com

Dont mind about the above website will recreate it if I get time. Ever asked yourself why mechanics drive old cars yet they always working on new cars for their clients. its the same with website. no time to work on ur own. Every time you wanna create your own u get another task

Lastly-web development pays - if you serious, fast and have a deep understanding of the industry
aemathenge
#9 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 3:56:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 2,964
Location: Kerugoya
@kenyahostingexperts, welcome to the Virtual Republic of Wazua.

Do not be a stranger.
nakujua
#10 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 5:39:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/17/2009
Posts: 3,583
Location: Kenya
Things must have changed in this industry - 10k seems low for developing a website and 4 hours to do the same sounds like a very short period - would that even be enough time to sit down with a client just to gather the requirements.

on to the question as has been mentioned cost will depend on the scope and the experience of the developer. More experienced developers will charge more as opposed to the less experienced ones.
obiero
#11 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 1:19:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,685
Location: nairobi
nakujua wrote:
Things must have changed in this industry - 10k seems low for developing a website and 4 hours to do the same sounds like a very short period - would that even be enough time to sit down with a client just to gather the requirements.

on to the question as has been mentioned cost will depend on the scope and the experience of the developer. More experienced developers will charge more as opposed to the less experienced ones.

The semi-auto content generators are reshaping website development field.. Wordpress et al
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,500; KQ 95,000
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#12 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 5:39:13 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/15/2015
Posts: 817
kenyahostingexperts wrote:
I have developed websites for 10 years now. My charges are from Ksh 20,000 for a professionally done website with about 20 pages or so.

I have developed websites for corporates too with prices running into millions

So basically it depends with the complexity and amount of work involved.

The simple professional websites will take me about 4hrs to develop.

Examples of 20k websites include the following
www.leadership.co.ke
www.bluepitch.co.ke
www.ziwala.co.ke
www.dytechassociates.net
www.ecowarriors.co.ke

I do content writing & design logos for most of the websites that I do at no extra cost because most clients may not have the content ready. So long as I get a glimpse of what you company is about I will research on the info and create a website in no time.

I do not take any deposits. Payment is always after work done. You got to see what you paying for.

Complex sites would include(Complexity is more that what you see)
icta.go.ke
icta.go.ke/digischool
icta.go.ke/digitalent
icta.go.ke/standards
icta.go.ke/connected

In my 10years, I have developed over 4000 websites for small and medium sized businesses

I also do domain registration and hosting @ Ksh 2000 per year with over 4000 websites hosted most of them my clients

To get in touch +254 721-351344

My website: www.kenyahostingexperts.com

Dont mind about the above website will recreate it if I get time. Ever asked yourself why mechanics drive old cars yet they always working on new cars for their clients. its the same with website. no time to work on ur own. Every time you wanna create your own u get another task

Lastly-web development pays - if you serious, fast and have a deep understanding of the industry


why do government websites lack security.am passing some of these websites to https://securityheaders.io/ and the results arenot encouraging.a government website like https://account.ecitizen.go.ke/ should be ranking very high in mattes security since its connected to some very serious databases.
NFag
#13 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 8:19:39 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/11/2017
Posts: 15
It all depends on what site you need.
WilliamLawrence
#14 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 1:30:40 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/13/2018
Posts: 10
Location: NYC
If your website is heavy then obviously,it achieve to peak prices. The cost of the website depend upon in which Language you built your website and security is also matter. So,cost of website depend on all factors.

There are many companies who design and develop the website on reasonable prices in which one i will share below

https://www.aniwebdesigns.com/
aemathenge
#15 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 3:18:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 2,964
Location: Kerugoya
[quote=WilliamLawrence]If your website is heavy then obviously,it achieve to peak prices. The cost of the website depend upon in which Language you built your website and security is also matter. So,cost of website depend on all factors.

There are many companies who design and develop the website on reasonable prices in which one i will share below

https://www.aniwebdesigns.com/[/quote]



Excellent command of the English language.
julianaray
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 9:13:49 AM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 11/7/2018
Posts: 2
Location: Tokyo
You can pay between $300 and $1,000 for template customization. The cost varies depending on how much work you want to be done – such as adding a header image, moving the logo location, creating a fixed navigation bar, changing the overall layout design, etc. CUSTOM WEBSITE DESIGN example cost (cost $5,000 – $10,000+). Hope this is useful for you.
In the end some of your weakness become your current greatest strength.
Subaru Outback For Sale:- https://carfromjapan.com...-subaru-outback-for-sale
lexbengo
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 3:06:51 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 9/7/2011
Posts: 26
deadpoet wrote:
what are some reputable local web development firms that can create ecommerce sites like jumia?

@ deadpoet We take 4 weeks (working closely with you) to design, develop and optimize an ecommerce website that is easy to use, maintain, update inventory and process orders. Our ecommerce designs are professional with user interfaces that are intuitively designed, pages load quickly, and checkout is a breeze. Please check https://www.ebitsonline....ommerce-website-design/ our services extend to initial data entry, training, hosting the ecom website and securing it. Let's talk.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.