Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, May 24, 2019
Market
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Sony Gadgets [4]
HELP. Building a maisonette in phases [15]
tape lift [2]
Efficient and Affordable Clearing agent at Msa Por... [7]
100% solar powered maisonette possible? [47]
Olymp Trade's trading terms [9]
1/4 plot for sale in Katani next to the road [1]
Cost of architectural plans in Kenya [24]
A guide to imporing cars from Japan [323]
Ubapesa [101]
Looking for a Puppy. [17]
shylock [11]
Car hire in Nairobi [18]
Nairobi County Parking Rates [2]
Easy and Fast Shipping of goods from U.S.A to Keny... [5]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Farm Fencing
murchr
#81 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 3:34:05 AM

Anyone knows anyone growing/selling thuja? A type of cypress

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#82 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 7:10:54 AM

kayhara wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
enyands wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
enyands wrote:
kiash wrote:
Gathige wrote:
[quote=murchr]Who has planted kei apple for themselves and not opted to buy from vendors? I want to know how its grown ie can i plant the stems in water for them to get roots so then transplant them? Please assist![/quote

@murchr, For Kei Apple, you plant the seeds and not the stems. BTW the seeds are edible and very sweet... It's a fruit. Start by getting the ripe fruits, which are yellow in colour. Each fruit has very many seeds which you can havest my manually removing the fresh and retain the tiny seeds. Then make some furrows along the intended fence and plant the seeds, water them and will then germinate. Once the seedlings reach knee height, u need to start coiling it to kake a good fence. For best results you can first do a chain link or berded wire fence and coil the kei apple on the fence. You can get the seeds from mature Kei apple during the fruiting season. Kei apple fence is laborious to manage as it requires regular trimming. The thorns are very prickly and painful. Best results if you have a big plot size as it can easily overgrow.

You can also buys seeds at a seeds shop or try KEFRI .

Best of luck

I remember these fruits when i was young , never tasted coz i heard they were poisonous.

The guy is confusing kei apple seeds with lokwats kwa kiswahili the yellow msabibu. I hope I got the correct spelling of lokwats. They have sweet ripe yellow seeds too

@enyands you're the confused one. It's true as @kiash says, some people eat those Kayaba fruits and I have seen. Lokwats we know them too they're eaten.

I'm not confused .kayapa fruits are very nasty I tried them when young and I know the taste hasn't changed .unless wewe Boris and your friends have discovered a sweetened genetically modified kayapa then I'll rest my case. .I don't know how your sensible friends can eat that thing .it's bitter like hell though deceiving yellow like lokwats fruits. That's what I meant. Kwani kizungu ni ngumu lol .I thought you were once a teacher ama
Is there any wazuan eating those fruits hapa.please tell us how they taste.

@nyandes has anyone ever said Lokwats are poisonous! There are so many edible bitter fruits and herbs which are consumed. Just because you don't like them doesn't become reason to generalize. You seem like haven't tasted lemon either... Wewe ni mtoto wa sugar and sweet things!

When I was in primary school we were asked to bring kaiyafa fruits, the 4k club then fermented them before sowing the resulting pulp, it came out well and the fence still stands today, I don't have to mention we took some of the fermented stuff hoping to get high, the school was smelling like an illicit beewery for weeks

I learnt alot from you guys....thanks. Now i am really running out of patience with my kei apple, what do you do to accelerate the growth?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mmarto
#83 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 2:20:16 PM

Quote:

I learnt alot from you guys....thanks. Now i am really running out of patience with my kei apple, what do you do to accelerate the growth?

patience mingi
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
mmarto
#84 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 2:28:59 PM

The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
mmarto
#85 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 2:35:06 PM

tom_boy
#86 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 8:35:01 PM

mmarto wrote:

You need to ' shona ' the fence as it grows
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
tom_boy
#87 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 8:36:32 PM

How can one keep away monkeys from a shamba?
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
mmarto
#88 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2019 8:13:03 AM

tom_boy wrote:
mmarto wrote:

You need to ' shona ' the fence as it grows

I have done once. Will do it second time again end of march.
murchr
#89 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2019 8:39:43 AM

mmarto wrote:

I wish mine was like this. I've stopped looking at it now, since i don't see any difference. Then sadly, my local expert unexpectedly died last week out of illicit brew. Well...c'est la vie.