Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Dec 13, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
forex investment [10]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [3]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [493]
KenGen HY 2019 [320]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [154]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14133]
Kenya Re - 2018 and beyond [277]
Uchumi - A value play? [444]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [206]
Kenya Economy Watch [2397]
This one -is it Real ama ni sponsored scam [2]
Carbacid HY19 [26]
Jumia IPO and Short Seller Criticism [10]
Banks Stealing IP? [3]
Safaricom MALI. [30]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

102 Pages«<9495969798>»
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough
VituVingiSana
#1901 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:11:40 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,584
Location: Nairobi
Pesa Nane wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:

Anyone who attended the AGM on 26-04-2019? please update the rest of us who are interested in this diamond




What's with the two 70+yr olds as directors?
*BTW, I get the irony given I am a fan of 80+ Warren Buffett and 90+ Charlie Munger
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1902 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:50:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:

Anyone who attended the AGM on 26-04-2019? please update the rest of us who are interested in this diamond




What's with the two 70+yr olds as directors?
*BTW, I get the irony given I am a fan of 80+ Warren Buffett and 90+ Charlie Munger

You yourself at 69 are not that young chief
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
VituVingiSana
#1903 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:51:07 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,584
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:

Anyone who attended the AGM on 26-04-2019? please update the rest of us who are interested in this diamond




What's with the two 70+yr olds as directors?
*BTW, I get the irony given I am a fan of 80+ Warren Buffett and 90+ Charlie Munger

You yourself at 69 are not that young chief
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Lakini, ninacheza na pesa zangu!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#1904 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:57:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:

Anyone who attended the AGM on 26-04-2019? please update the rest of us who are interested in this diamond




What's with the two 70+yr olds as directors? Munga was recently gifted with Kshs. 50,000,000.00 to retire from memba. Nyonya kunyonya.
*BTW, I get the irony given I am a fan of 80+ Warren Buffett and 90+ Charlie Munger

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Angelica _ann
#1905 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:57:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,994
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:

Anyone who attended the AGM on 26-04-2019? please update the rest of us who are interested in this diamond




What's with the two 70+yr olds as directors? Munga was recently gifted with Kshs. 50,000,000.00 to retire from memba. Nyonya kunyonya.
*BTW, I get the irony given I am a fan of 80+ Warren Buffett and 90+ Charlie Munger



Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Yawa pesa 8, the mzee worked hard for member.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Pesa Nane
#1906 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:26:13 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:

Anyone who attended the AGM on 26-04-2019? please update the rest of us who are interested in this diamond




What's with the two 70+yr olds as directors? Munga was recently gifted with Kshs. 50,000,000.00 to retire from memba. Nyonya kunyonya.
*BTW, I get the irony given I am a fan of 80+ Warren Buffett and 90+ Charlie Munger



Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Yawa pesa 8, the mzee worked hard for member.


Very true AND was fairly compensated throughout his term in office. Corporate Kenya is quickly learning this nonsense from politicians - we are working for Kenyans blah-blah, mara send-off package, mara we can't live as beggars while serving Wanjiku, mara we donate at matangas. See-Are-A-Pee !!
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
FUNKY
#1907 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 3:35:32 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,561
obiero
#1908 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:35:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
Massive volume noted today. Must be highest in last 3-5 years
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
Bishofu
#1909 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 3:44:49 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/16/2018
Posts: 21
obiero wrote:
Massive volume noted today. Must be highest in last 3-5 years

Foreign activity?
Ericsson
#1910 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 5:40:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,736
Location: NAIROBI
Bishofu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Massive volume noted today. Must be highest in last 3-5 years

Foreign activity?


Squaring for a rights issue
Kusadikika
#1911 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 6:07:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,631
obiero
#1912 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 6:58:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi

It’s not easy
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
Kusadikika
#1913 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 9:50:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,631
obiero wrote:

It’s not easy


Ni kubaya. I am looking at the website property24. They don't delete the old advert so you look at at page one and see that there are 100 properties available. If you sort the properties by price say low to high you will soon discover that some properties are listed about 5 times with reducing prices. The same Lavington apartments that were on sale 1 year ago at 12M are now 8.5M!!!! The pitch used to be buy now so you don't miss the ride up when prices go up. Now it looks like it is better to just hold cash and rent.

This is the problem of depending on South Sudanese robber generals to gauge the market. There are only so many of them and once each of them has bought his 100 million mansion and two 15 million apartments for his girlfriends thats it!! He will not continue buying apartments and back home he will buy more guns to make sure he is not overthrown by another robber Colonel. So the supply of these moneyed Sudanese is limited.

In Kenya the only people with money are the sons of Kiereinis, Kareithis, Mathenges, Kenyattas, Mois, Kuleis etc who are the ones building the apartments in the first place, they are not buyers.

An 8.5 Million shilling mortgage at 13% is 100K a month for 20 years!!!

People with money will just sit tight and buy these in cash when the price is right for them to make returns on rent.


Mainat
#1914 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:53:58 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/21/2006
Posts: 1,584
The only well priced property is the kahawa wendani one. The rest are hugely overpriced and some won't sell for years.
My sense is we may get back to 2006 valuations after the uhuruto error
Cash is the king now

Kusadikika wrote:
obiero wrote:

It’s not easy


Ni kubaya. I am looking at the website property24. They don't delete the old advert so you look at at page one and see that there are 100 properties available. If you sort the properties by price say low to high you will soon discover that some properties are listed about 5 times with reducing prices. The same Lavington apartments that were on sale 1 year ago at 12M are now 8.5M!!!! The pitch used to be buy now so you don't miss the ride up when prices go up. Now it looks like it is better to just hold cash and rent.

This is the problem of depending on South Sudanese robber generals to gauge the market. There are only so many of them and once each of them has bought his 100 million mansion and two 15 million apartments for his girlfriends thats it!! He will not continue buying apartments and back home he will buy more guns to make sure he is not overthrown by another robber Colonel. So the supply of these moneyed Sudanese is limited.

In Kenya the only people with money are the sons of Kiereinis, Kareithis, Mathenges, Kenyattas, Mois, Kuleis etc who are the ones building the apartments in the first place, they are not buyers.

An 8.5 Million shilling mortgage at 13% is 100K a month for 20 years!!!

People with money will just sit tight and buy these in cash when the price is right for them to make returns on rent.



Sehemu ndio nyumba
Fyatu
#1915 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:58:05 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,664
Location: Nakuru



Out of curiosity i decided to check out property listings in Cape Town and must admit Kenyans we are done for. We pay too much for ugly and non-functional houses.

LINK
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
obiero
#1916 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 5:15:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
To whom it may concern
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
Ericsson
#1917 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:47:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,736
Location: NAIROBI
Loss of ksh.95mn in HY2019
obiero
#1918 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:57:48 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,409
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Loss of ksh.95mn in HY2019

Very big improvement, but that information needs a link verification. Seems too good to be true
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 392,100 ABP 8.32
McGill
#1919 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:55:06 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/1/2019
Posts: 12
Ericsson wrote:
Loss of ksh.95mn in HY2019


Where did you get this?
Ericsson
#1920 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:27:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,736
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Loss of ksh.95mn in HY2019

Very big improvement, but that information needs a link verification. Seems too good to be true

That was from the Britam half year results presentation.
Tungoje official announcement by HFCK wenyewe
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
102 Pages«<9495969798>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.