Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Oct 3, 2022
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Power Dividend [22]
SAFARICOM [43]
411 on dividend and AGM [1277]
KENGEN 2021-2025 [79]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [666]
MTN Uganda IPO..Whats cutting over there?? [79]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1610]
Law Capping interest rates [2996]
Flutterwave: Nigerians defrauded / Money Laundry? [3]
2021 Dividend Draught Projections [110]
Madness at the NSE [2398]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [763]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2223]
Stanlib Fahari I-Reit FY 2019 [64]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3712]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

34 Pages«<31323334>
KCB 2018 and Beyond
obiero
#641 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2022 10:23:04 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,152
Location: nairobi
https://www.businessdail...on-shares-in-kcb-3908944

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 261,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#642 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2022 6:58:25 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.businessdail...n-shares-in-kcb-3908944

NSSF know the hidden gem here
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#643 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2022 8:06:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
DRC acquisition and entry has gone quiet.
Are they finding challenges or developed cold feet

TMB inside. Additional USD 1.5B in new assets from TMB plus increase of 110 more branches, total branch count across the group to now stand at 462 across EAC


I mixed have feelings about this acquisition. Don't know whether it is just a money grab by insiders, whether the investment makes sense and whether it has been made at a competitive price. Share price is also not excited by the move.



Now they are angling for acquisition in Ethiopia as the entry route.
With that they will have cemented presence in the Eastern Africa region
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#644 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2022 2:56:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,152
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
DRC acquisition and entry has gone quiet.
Are they finding challenges or developed cold feet

TMB inside. Additional USD 1.5B in new assets from TMB plus increase of 110 more branches, total branch count across the group to now stand at 462 across EAC


I mixed have feelings about this acquisition. Don't know whether it is just a money grab by insiders, whether the investment makes sense and whether it has been made at a competitive price. Share price is also not excited by the move.



Now they are angling for acquisition in Ethiopia as the entry route.
With that they will have cemented presence in the Eastern Africa region

The representative office in Ethiopia was opened in 2015. Getting full fledged operational presence should be a walk in the park

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 261,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#645 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2022 7:57:58 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
DRC acquisition and entry has gone quiet.
Are they finding challenges or developed cold feet

TMB inside. Additional USD 1.5B in new assets from TMB plus increase of 110 more branches, total branch count across the group to now stand at 462 across EAC


I mixed have feelings about this acquisition. Don't know whether it is just a money grab by insiders, whether the investment makes sense and whether it has been made at a competitive price. Share price is also not excited by the move.



Now they are angling for acquisition in Ethiopia as the entry route.
With that they will have cemented presence in the Eastern Africa region

The representative office in Ethiopia was opened in 2015. Getting full fledged operational presence should be a walk in the park


The representative office has given them an opportunity to scrutinize the market and by now they have already identified the lender they will want to acquire.
They are just waiting for the right time to make the announcement and commence the process
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#646 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 6:15:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
Next year is entry into Ethiopia.
Banking reforms to allow foreign banks to operate in the country are set concluded in Q4 2022.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#647 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2022 6:26:38 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
KCB Bank Kenya has injected over Ksh. 120 billion to support Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) importing fuel as it seeks to consolidate its support to the energy sector.
The Bank has been facilitating oil importation into the country by financing the oil firms under its portfolio that have won business under the Open Tender System (OTS) through the Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.
Under the OTS system, the winning oil marketer imports the fuels on behalf of the other firms using the confirmed allocations; the other oil marketers are
mandated to offtake their volumes upon arrival.
With the government indicating doing away with oil subsidies, the price of fuel in the country is set to surge in the coming months. Therefore, KCB’s contribution towards the stabilization of the prices in the short term will be vital.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Sir invest
#648 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 4:21:29 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/19/2015
Posts: 113
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?
My 2 cents
#649 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 5:29:59 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 893
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?


Disappointment over lack of interim dividend. All the cash will be spent acquiring the DRC bank. Then right after that they will probably come up with another target for acquisition. These are the new cash cows. Over paying for these acquisitions. Poor corporate governance is the bane of our NSE.
Ericsson
#650 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 7:04:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
My 2 cents wrote:
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?


Disappointment over lack of interim dividend. All the cash will be spent acquiring the DRC bank. Then right after that they will probably come up with another target for acquisition. These are the new cash cows. Over paying for these acquisitions. Poor corporate governance is the bane of our NSE.


Even at Q3 you can still pay interim dividend just like they did last year.
Be patient even Stanbic and Standard Chartered Bank didn't pay interim dividend
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#651 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 10:13:56 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?

Ksh.39 is the floor.not going lower than that
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#652 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 11:16:30 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,811
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?

Ksh.39 is the floor.not going lower than that

Never say never.

Not so long ago some of those laughed at prices of many shares dropping below "floors" and these floors kept on dropping lower!

Centum is less than 10/- (from 40s)
ABSA dropped below 9/-
CARB had dropped to 9/-
SAF had dropped to 23/- (from 40)
BAT
JUB
EABL

And so many more examples.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#653 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2022 6:52:42 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
My 2 cents wrote:
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?


Disappointment over lack of interim dividend. All the cash will be spent acquiring the DRC bank. Then right after that they will probably come up with another target for acquisition. These are the new cash cows. Over paying for these acquisitions. Poor corporate governance is the bane of our NSE.


One more acquisition to go in Ethiopia then consolidation begins.
The dividend policy is catering for this acquisition so probably after they are done the payout ratio will go up
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#654 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2022 6:57:27 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,152
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?


Disappointment over lack of interim dividend. All the cash will be spent acquiring the DRC bank. Then right after that they will probably come up with another target for acquisition. These are the new cash cows. Over paying for these acquisitions. Poor corporate governance is the bane of our NSE.


One more acquisition to go in Ethiopia then consolidation begins.
The dividend policy is catering for this acquisition so probably after they are done the payout ratio will go up

True. Though with a forecasted profitability I'm excess of KES 60B, there is no reason not to sustain or increase the final dividend payout

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 261,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
My 2 cents
#655 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2022 8:38:39 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 893
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?


Disappointment over lack of interim dividend. All the cash will be spent acquiring the DRC bank. Then right after that they will probably come up with another target for acquisition. These are the new cash cows. Over paying for these acquisitions. Poor corporate governance is the bane of our NSE.


One more acquisition to go in Ethiopia then consolidation begins.
The dividend policy is catering for this acquisition so probably after they are done the payout ratio will go up

True. Though with a forecasted profitability I'm excess of KES 60B, there is no reason not to sustain or increase the final dividend payout


Don't you think they will revisit Tanzania? The last attempt having failed?

What happens if the local banks in the foreign countries(as has happened in Kenya) suddenly have business advantage because of nationalism?
obiero
#656 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2022 3:26:48 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,152
Location: nairobi
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?


Disappointment over lack of interim dividend. All the cash will be spent acquiring the DRC bank. Then right after that they will probably come up with another target for acquisition. These are the new cash cows. Over paying for these acquisitions. Poor corporate governance is the bane of our NSE.


One more acquisition to go in Ethiopia then consolidation begins.
The dividend policy is catering for this acquisition so probably after they are done the payout ratio will go up

True. Though with a forecasted profitability I'm excess of KES 60B, there is no reason not to sustain or increase the final dividend payout


Don't you think they will revisit Tanzania? The last attempt having failed?

What happens if the local banks in the foreign countries(as has happened in Kenya) suddenly have business advantage because of nationalism?

Most governments across the world aren't keen on running banks, actually some governments across EA are the ones giving up ownership stakes to the takeovers

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 261,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
My 2 cents
#657 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 7:42:23 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 893
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?


Disappointment over lack of interim dividend. All the cash will be spent acquiring the DRC bank. Then right after that they will probably come up with another target for acquisition. These are the new cash cows. Over paying for these acquisitions. Poor corporate governance is the bane of our NSE.


One more acquisition to go in Ethiopia then consolidation begins.
The dividend policy is catering for this acquisition so probably after they are done the payout ratio will go up

True. Though with a forecasted profitability I'm excess of KES 60B, there is no reason not to sustain or increase the final dividend payout


Don't you think they will revisit Tanzania? The last attempt having failed?

What happens if the local banks in the foreign countries(as has happened in Kenya) suddenly have business advantage because of nationalism?

Most governments across the world aren't keen on running banks, actually some governments across EA are the ones giving up ownership stakes to the takeovers


By nationalism I did not mean governments taking over the banks. I meant citizens preferring to deal with their own local banks.

In other news, Ethiopia caps foreign ownership of local banks to 30%

https://kenyanwallstreet...holding-in-banks-at-30/
Ericsson
#658 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 10:12:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,412
Location: NAIROBI
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Sir invest wrote:
The KCB share coming down like a thunder now @39 bob what's wrong?


Disappointment over lack of interim dividend. All the cash will be spent acquiring the DRC bank. Then right after that they will probably come up with another target for acquisition. These are the new cash cows. Over paying for these acquisitions. Poor corporate governance is the bane of our NSE.


One more acquisition to go in Ethiopia then consolidation begins.
The dividend policy is catering for this acquisition so probably after they are done the payout ratio will go up

True. Though with a forecasted profitability I'm excess of KES 60B, there is no reason not to sustain or increase the final dividend payout


Don't you think they will revisit Tanzania? The last attempt having failed?

What happens if the local banks in the foreign countries(as has happened in Kenya) suddenly have business advantage because of nationalism?

Most governments across the world aren't keen on running banks, actually some governments across EA are the ones giving up ownership stakes to the takeovers


By nationalism I did not mean governments taking over the banks. I meant citizens preferring to deal with their own local banks.

In other news, Ethiopia caps foreign ownership of local banks to 30%

https://kenyanwallstreet...holding-in-banks-at-30/


Better start a greenfield operation then later on when acquisition ceiling is raised to 80-100% make an acquisition
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#659 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2022 8:19:34 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,152
Location: nairobi
Let me leave this here

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 261,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
cyruskulei
#660 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2022 1:11:30 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/9/2010
Posts: 313
Location: kenya
obiero wrote:
Let me leave this here



Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Users browsing this topic
Guest (18)
34 Pages«<31323334>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2022 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.