Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Jul 4, 2022
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
411 on dividend and AGM [1223]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2196]
MTN Uganda IPO..Whats cutting over there?? [73]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [758]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15381]
2021 Dividend Draught Projections [100]
Centum FY2022 - FY2026 [103]
SAFARICOM [22]
KENYA POWER DIVIDEND [2]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2931]
Stocks that made Millionaires this Quarter [16]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1600]
stock picking [39]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [717]
KCB CEO Joshua Oigara To Exit KCB after AGM [12]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

770 Pages«<765766767768769>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#15321 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 9:34:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
the first of five 737 800 is on its way to the motherland.. when the inevitable profit turnaround comes soon, most wazuans will be left wondering..


The airline business makes money for everyone else except the shareholder.

Money for the plane manufacturers, financiers/lessors, oil companies, pilots and executives but nothing left for the shareholders. As optimistic as I am for KQ and its newer fleet, I Know that operating and financing costs will go up exponentially, offsetting increase in revenues and savings in maintenance.


@Obiero, let me remind of this 8 year old quote. Achana na KQ.

Thanks bro but im in too deep! Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...-pandemic-levels-3687146

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#15322 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 10:14:53 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,779
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
the first of five 737 800 is on its way to the motherland.. when the inevitable profit turnaround comes soon, most wazuans will be left wondering..


The airline business makes money for everyone else except the shareholder.

Money for the plane manufacturers, financiers/lessors, oil companies, pilots and executives but nothing left for the shareholders. As optimistic as I am for KQ and its newer fleet, I Know that operating and financing costs will go up exponentially, offsetting increase in revenues and savings in maintenance.


@Obiero, let me remind of this 8 year old quote. Achana na KQ.

Thanks bro but im in too deep! Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...pandemic-levels-3687146
Tourists are also flying other airlines eg Qatar, etc.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#15323 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 11:41:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 10,338
Location: NAIROBI
National Assembly majority leader Amos Kimunya has withdrawn the National Aviation Management Bill as he seeks more time to consult with stakeholders
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
kmucheke
#15324 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 6:43:07 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 309
Kenya Airways to stop transporting monkeys
Kenya Airways chairman Michael Joseph confirmed to Business Daily on Monday that the airline will cease airlifting the primates and other wild animals used in scientific research as soon as the contract expires at the end of February.
sparkly
#15325 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2022 5:41:19 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 8,055
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
kmucheke wrote:
Kenya Airways to stop transporting monkeys
Kenya Airways chairman Michael Joseph confirmed to Business Daily on Monday that the airline will cease airlifting the primates and other wild animals used in scientific research as soon as the contract expires at the end of February.


A monkey transporting monkeys πŸ’ πŸ™ˆ
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#15326 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2022 9:37:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
sparkly wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
Kenya Airways to stop transporting monkeys
Kenya Airways chairman Michael Joseph confirmed to Business Daily on Monday that the airline will cease airlifting the primates and other wild animals used in scientific research as soon as the contract expires at the end of February.


A monkey transporting monkeys πŸ’ πŸ™ˆ

The gift that keeps on giving. Sponsor manenos. KES 26B ndani.. https://www.the-star.co....ry-sh126bn-extra-budget/

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
My 2 cents
#15327 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2022 8:03:26 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 847
........The government recently ditched the plan to nationalise the carrier, having also announced pursuing an alliance with South African Airways which is similarly heavily indebted.........

Airlines are generally a very bad business. Affected by so many issues;
- very heavy capex requirements
- Intense competition from international carriers some like Emirates and Qatar which are heavily subsidised by oil rich nations
- Affected heavily by risks such as terrorism, pandemics
- Adversely affected by negative forex moves because of high price of oil
- Strong unions always threatening to strike etc.etc.
obiero
#15328 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2022 8:04:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
My 2 cents wrote:
........The government recently ditched the plan to nationalise the carrier, having also announced pursuing an alliance with South African Airways which is similarly heavily indebted.........

Airlines are generally a very bad business. Affected by so many issues;
- very heavy capex requirements
- Intense competition from international carriers some like Emirates and Qatar which are heavily subsidised by oil rich nations
- Affected heavily by risks such as terrorism, pandemics
- Adversely affected by negative forex moves because of high price of oil
- Strong unions always threatening to strike etc.etc.

Very true. But we can’t walk from Nairobi to Toronto

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
My 2 cents
#15329 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2022 9:07:44 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 847
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
........The government recently ditched the plan to nationalise the carrier, having also announced pursuing an alliance with South African Airways which is similarly heavily indebted.........

Airlines are generally a very bad business. Affected by so many issues;
- very heavy capex requirements
- Intense competition from international carriers some like Emirates and Qatar which are heavily subsidised by oil rich nations
- Affected heavily by risks such as terrorism, pandemics
- Adversely affected by negative forex moves because of high price of oil
- Strong unions always threatening to strike etc.etc.

Very true. But we can’t walk from Nairobi to Toronto


No we can't. But investors are best advised to pick stocks that allow for good sleep and capital preservation. We have easy pickings on the bourse. Just buy a well managed bank and go back to sleep.
obiero
#15330 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2022 12:42:03 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
........The government recently ditched the plan to nationalise the carrier, having also announced pursuing an alliance with South African Airways which is similarly heavily indebted.........

Airlines are generally a very bad business. Affected by so many issues;
- very heavy capex requirements
- Intense competition from international carriers some like Emirates and Qatar which are heavily subsidised by oil rich nations
- Affected heavily by risks such as terrorism, pandemics
- Adversely affected by negative forex moves because of high price of oil
- Strong unions always threatening to strike etc.etc.

Very true. But we can’t walk from Nairobi to Toronto


No we can't. But investors are best advised to pick stocks that allow for good sleep and capital preservation. We have easy pickings on the bourse. Just buy a well managed bank and go back to sleep.

Not a bank, but ARM comes to mind.. KQ is being heavily resuscitated and if it comes back to life, the share appreciation shall be immense. It simply depends on ones risk appetite

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
snifadog
#15331 Posted : Sunday, February 06, 2022 4:30:13 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/6/2016
Posts: 165
Location: Nairobi
not you again fella with this hopium :D
obiero
#15332 Posted : Sunday, February 06, 2022 4:58:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
snifadog wrote:
not you again fella with this hopium :D

It’s me again Jah Jah :)

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#15333 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2022 5:15:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 8,055
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
[quote=kmucheke]Kenya Airways to stop transporting monkeys
Kenya Airways chairman Michael Joseph confirmed to Business Daily on Monday that the airline will cease airlifting the primates and other wild animals used in scientific research as soon as the contract expires at the end of February.


A monkey transporting monkeys πŸ’ πŸ™ˆ

The gift that keeps on giving. Sponsor manenos. KES 26B ndani.. https://www.the-star.co....y-sh126bn-extra-budget/[/quote]

The 26B is a loan from GOK, will dilute minority shareholders further. The funds will be swallowed up by creditors and financiers repayments. Nothing to celebrate by minority shareholders until the company starts generating returns for equity holders.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#15334 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2022 7:44:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
[quote=kmucheke]Kenya Airways to stop transporting monkeys
Kenya Airways chairman Michael Joseph confirmed to Business Daily on Monday that the airline will cease airlifting the primates and other wild animals used in scientific research as soon as the contract expires at the end of February.


A monkey transporting monkeys πŸ’ πŸ™ˆ

The gift that keeps on giving. Sponsor manenos. KES 26B ndani.. https://www.the-star.co....y-sh126bn-extra-budget/[/quote]

The 26B is a loan from GOK, will dilute minority shareholders further. The funds will be swallowed up by creditors and financiers repayments. Nothing to celebrate by minority shareholders until the company starts generating returns for equity holders.

Milan frequency starts in June 2022.. Lots of good things happening at KQ. Nothing like dilution, only increased value of the entity

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#15335 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2022 1:35:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 8,055
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
[quote=kmucheke]Kenya Airways to stop transporting monkeys
Kenya Airways chairman Michael Joseph confirmed to Business Daily on Monday that the airline will cease airlifting the primates and other wild animals used in scientific research as soon as the contract expires at the end of February.


A monkey transporting monkeys πŸ’ πŸ™ˆ

The gift that keeps on giving. Sponsor manenos. KES 26B ndani.. https://www.the-star.co....y-sh126bn-extra-budget/[/quote]

The 26B is a loan from GOK, will dilute minority shareholders further. The funds will be swallowed up by creditors and financiers repayments. Nothing to celebrate by minority shareholders until the company starts generating returns for equity holders.

Milan frequency starts in June 2022.. Lots of good things happening at KQ. Nothing like dilution, only increased value of the entity


Obiero: Pesa ni yangu, shughulika ya yako...

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/1VvpDe2W7RU[/YOUTUBE]
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#15336 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 12:21:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 13,110
Location: nairobi
Onwards and upwards https://www.businessdail...th-this-year-ceo-3717382

COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 161,000 ABP 3.49; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
My 2 cents
#15337 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 12:39:22 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/2/2010
Posts: 847
[quote=obiero]Onwards and upwards https://www.businessdail...h-this-year-ceo-3717382[/quote]

Isnt this expected coming out of a pandemic? Nothing to see here. All business will report the same this year.
maka
#15338 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 11:01:53 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,519
Location: Nairobi
My 2 cents wrote:
[quote=obiero]Onwards and upwards https://www.businessdail...h-this-year-ceo-3717382[/quote]

Isnt this expected coming out of a pandemic? Nothing to see here. All business will report the same this year.


https://www.ch-aviation....to-downsize-fleet-report
possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#15339 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 3:01:06 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/29/2016
Posts: 898
Location: Nairobi
maka wrote:
[quote=My 2 cents][quote=obiero]Onwards and upwards https://www.businessdail...h-this-year-ceo-3717382[/quote]

Isnt this expected coming out of a pandemic? Nothing to see here. All business will report the same this year.


https://www.ch-aviation....o-downsize-fleet-report[/quote]

Results of an incompetent CEO.
sparkly
#15340 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2022 7:32:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 8,055
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Users browsing this topic
Guest (16)
770 Pages«<765766767768769>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2022 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.