Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Mar 8, 2021
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Power HY 2019 [387]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [528]
Nation Media Group HY 2019 profit down 24% [99]
Why dustbowl is the future [738]
Stanbic Holdings FY2021 - FY2025 [2]
Stanbic 2019 [25]
Carbacid Investments FY 2020 [32]
Liberty Kenya Holdings 2021-2025 [1]
Superior Homes to list on NSE Gems counter [8]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [610]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2280]
411 on dividend and AGM [988]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [573]
EQUITY vs KCB [276]
KCB buy buy buy [1347]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Williamson Tea & Kapchorua
VituVingiSana
#41 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 8:29:46 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,415
Location: Nairobi
Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Six-month tea export earnings fall by Sh100m

https://www.businessdail...1822-1cs4djz/index.html

It's going to be very, very ugly for WTK and KTC

Indeed, it'll be very ugly, and messy, this time! What to do, na tuko ndani? d'oh!
I will just wait it out. I bought these for the long-term and the cycle is a given. I got some great dividends over the years.
I look at it like a farm. Unless I am abandoning farming, I do not buy/sell my farm every year depending on the harvest.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Jon Jones
#42 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 5:58:03 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/11/2015
Posts: 200
Location: Thika
VituVingiSana wrote:
Six-month tea export earnings fall by Sh100m

https://www.businessdail...1822-1cs4djz/index.html

It's going to be very, very ugly for WTK and KTC


From 49.3 billion to 49.2 billion. That is a rounding error. 100 million is a large sum but a drop in the ocean in this context. So earnings were flat basically.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
Horton
#43 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 11:35:27 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,558
Location: Nairobi
Jon Jones wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Six-month tea export earnings fall by Sh100m

https://www.businessdail...1822-1cs4djz/index.html

It's going to be very, very ugly for WTK and KTC


From 49.3 billion to 49.2 billion. That is a rounding error. 100 million is a large sum but a drop in the ocean in this context. So earnings were flat basically.



I’m curious what the erratic KES will do to the WTK/KAPCH earnings
sparkly
#44 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 4:29:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,945
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Horton wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Six-month tea export earnings fall by Sh100m

https://www.businessdail...1822-1cs4djz/index.html

It's going to be very, very ugly for WTK and KTC


From 49.3 billion to 49.2 billion. That is a rounding error. 100 million is a large sum but a drop in the ocean in this context. So earnings were flat basically.



I’m curious what the erratic KES will do to the WTK/KAPCH earnings


A week shilling is good for exporters since they are paid in dollars.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#45 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:48:32 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,415
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
Horton wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Six-month tea export earnings fall by Sh100m

https://www.businessdail...1822-1cs4djz/index.html

It's going to be very, very ugly for WTK and KTC


From 49.3 billion to 49.2 billion. That is a rounding error. 100 million is a large sum but a drop in the ocean in this context. So earnings were flat basically.



I’m curious what the erratic KES will do to the WTK/KAPCH earnings

A week shilling is good for exporters since they are paid in dollars.
They prefer a "weak" shilling Laughing out loudly
On a serious note, sales (quantity) may be down given the restrictions on shipping goods. Also the cost of transport from Nandi to Mombasa is higher given the restricted hours for lorries on the road.

Tough times for all.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#46 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 9:57:48 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,864
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Horton wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Six-month tea export earnings fall by Sh100m

https://www.businessdail...1822-1cs4djz/index.html

It's going to be very, very ugly for WTK and KTC


From 49.3 billion to 49.2 billion. That is a rounding error. 100 million is a large sum but a drop in the ocean in this context. So earnings were flat basically.



I’m curious what the erratic KES will do to the WTK/KAPCH earnings

A week shilling is good for exporters since they are paid in dollars.
They prefer a "weak" shilling Laughing out loudly
On a serious note, sales (quantity) may be down given the restrictions on shipping goods. Also the cost of transport from Nandi to Mombasa is higher given the restricted hours for lorries on the road.

Tough times for all.

Extremely tough times
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
Ebenyo
#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 11:37:31 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,917
Location: Kitale
anyone with a clue as when the results will be out?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Balaa
#48 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 10:28:02 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/6/2018
Posts: 175
Location: Kinshasa
Is there a material announcement? WTK touched high of KES 141 today, up from previous closing price of KES 128.25. Current offer price is @KES 220.

Results anyone?
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
Ebenyo
#49 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 10:36:11 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,917
Location: Kitale
Balaa wrote:
Is there a material announcement? WTK touched high of KES 141 today, up from previous closing price of KES 128.25. Current offer price is @KES 220.

Results anyone?





Results are out kshs 20 dps.Wacha @Ericson atapost
Towards the goal of financial freedom
littledove
#50 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 10:56:36 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 817
Location: sky
Ebenyo wrote:
Balaa wrote:
Is there a material announcement? WTK touched high of KES 141 today, up from previous closing price of KES 128.25. Current offer price is @KES 220.

Results anyone?





Results are out kshs 20 dps.Wacha @Ericson atapost

very generous company
books closure for div 18th august
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Balaa
#51 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 1:01:47 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/6/2018
Posts: 175
Location: Kinshasa
littledove wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Balaa wrote:
Is there a material announcement? WTK touched high of KES 141 today, up from previous closing price of KES 128.25. Current offer price is @KES 220.

Results anyone?





Results are out kshs 20 dps.Wacha @Ericson atapost

very generous company
books closure for div 18th august


Applause @Ebenyo & littledove.

Kweli WTK haichezi ligi ndogo. It's been faithful to us. But wonder for how long?
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
Ericsson
#52 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 5:00:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,404
Location: NAIROBI
Ebenyo wrote:
Balaa wrote:
Is there a material announcement? WTK touched high of KES 141 today, up from previous closing price of KES 128.25. Current offer price is @KES 220.

Results anyone?





Results are out kshs 20 dps.Wacha @Ericson atapost


https://kenyanwallstreet...-hits-ksh-137-2-million/
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#53 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 7:43:44 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,415
Location: Nairobi
The dividend is a unexpected but welcome surprise given the awful price of tea in 2019-2020.
The dividend at the same level as last year is Applause

Maintaining the dividend in 2020-2021 is up in the air given the 2020 prices of tea are currently lower than 2019. Add the drama in importing countries coupled with COVID.

2020-21 will be very tough. https://www.businessdail...4484-mpveeqz/index.html

No complaints for 2019-20! Quite happy with this news.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Balaa
#54 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 1:51:15 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/6/2018
Posts: 175
Location: Kinshasa
Results
https://www.nse.co.ke/issuer-announcements.html
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
Ebenyo
#55 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2020 4:29:32 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,917
Location: Kitale
https://kenyanwallstreet...sembly-passes-tea-bill/

will this make an impact in williamson productivity?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#56 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2020 9:22:28 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,415
Location: Nairobi
Ebenyo wrote:
https://kenyanwallstreet.com/national-assembly-passes-tea-bill/

will this make an impact in williamson productivity?

WTK's farms will not be affected. Perhaps it may have to pay more to buy tea leaf from outgrowers.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#57 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2020 10:04:04 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,415
Location: Nairobi
Not all is rosy though even with a depreciating KES https://www.businessdail...-costs-stay-high-3217990
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#58 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 5:10:06 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,917
Location: Kitale
https://kenyanwallstreet...sh-130-billion-in-2020/


this will indicate that williamson will atleast pay kshs 20 dividend.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#59 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 9:02:32 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,415
Location: Nairobi
Ebenyo wrote:
https://kenyanwallstreet.com/despite-pandemic-kenyas-tea-export-earnings-jump-15-to-ksh-130-billion-in-2020/


this will indicate that williamson will atleast pay kshs 20 dividend.
That would be amazing Applause but expenses also soared in 2020. Transport by road and ship was higher due to COVID restrictions and supply chain issues.

More tea may have been exported but was the price realization better?
Tea to UK fetches better prices than tea to Pakistan.

I like the dividend but can WTK manage these in light of decreased profitability over the past 3 years?

Tea production (quantity) has done well in Kenya but not prices due to new producers e.g. Rwanda, Vietnam, etc.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2021 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.