Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Jan 24, 2021
Groups
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Safaricom Investment Cooperative [417]
Safaricom investment - query [13]
Cytonn Investments [1046]
Best Trees for a Tree Forest? [99]
SK Investments Co. still alive? [34]
UNAITAS [1228]
Banks Loans adjustments after rates drop [2]
Amana Capital [12]
Urithi Housing Sacco [188]
Ekeza savings and credit Sacco [66]
Supermarket Supplies [10]
Pacific Realty ----Daily Nation pages 2&,3 9th ... [5]
stima investment cooperative [140]
Quick credit [2]
Fountain Enterprises Programme - FEP [276]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

53 Pages«<515253
Cytonn Investments
Queen
#1041 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 10:59:41 AM

Balaa wrote:
Kabird wrote:
eco wrote:
The growth of Cytonn Investments within the past one year is phenomenal. This is a company to watch for long-term private equity investors like myself. I am on-board!

Greed kills companies.

Allow me to throw a spanner in the works.

I am just done rereading "The Art of War" and "48 Laws of Power" for the umpteenth time.
I'm wondering about the possibility that there couldn't be a secret hand in Mr Dande's woes. It's no secret that his style has been perceived as abrasive by some, and most likely he must have stepped on some influential people's toes while rubbing them the wrong way.

When feeling slighted, some people will hunt you down until you're toast. (Ref: Law 15 "Crash your enemy totally"; Law 19 "Know who you're dealing with- do not offend the wrong person"; Law 42 "Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter")

Retribution??? Settling scores??? Getting even???

C'est la vie - it's the unfortunate reality of life.

This is a subtle admission of a bubble that has finally burst. On this one, its naive to blame third parties for the current predicament Cytonn finds itself in. Simply put, Cytonn management DID NOT have a proper grasp of the main area of their investment which is the Real Estate development.

Real Estate development is more complicated than many people imagine. It's only professionals in that field who properly understand the intricacies involved.

@PaulKimani, to his credit, has all along warned Wazuans that Cytonn is a house built on sand. Instead of people taking heed, some opted to hurl insults in his direction and at his person.

Cytonn was a scam and this thing was always going to end up in premium tears for the gullible and greedy investors.

The elephant in the room was always going to be the unrealistic and hence the unsustainable interest rate promised to investors. The bubble had to burst, and indeed the bubble has ultimately burst.
VituVingiSana
#1042 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 9:08:31 AM

Balaa wrote:
Kabird wrote:
eco wrote:
The growth of Cytonn Investments within the past one year is phenomenal. This is a company to watch for long-term private equity investors like myself. I am on-board!

Greed kills companies.

Allow me to throw a spanner in the works.

I am just done rereading "The Art of War" and "48 Laws of Power" for the umpteenth time.
I'm wondering about the possibility that there couldn't be a secret hand in Mr Dande's woes. It's no secret that his style has been perceived as abrasive by some, and most likely he must have stepped on some influential people's toes while rubbing them the wrong way.

When feeling slighted, some people will hunt you down until you're toast. (Ref: Law 15 "Crash your enemy totally"; Law 19 "Know who you're dealing with- do not offend the wrong person"; Law 42 "Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter")

Retribution??? Settling scores??? Getting even???

C'est la vie - it's the unfortunate reality of life.
I am not an investor in Cytonn nor a detractor. I wish them the best.

IMHO, Dande & Co were overly ambitious and bit off too much. Too many projects, etc. This is not some "Art of War" thing but a cashflow issue. If they can pay off Thogo et al per the original contracts then all will be back to normal.

Bila pesa/cash, they need to sit down and make deals with each investor. Perhaps the best way out remains the investors "buy" an apartment. Some may want cash and not an apartment but mta-do if Cytonn collapses?

Look at ARM. One bank (with the smallest loan) took ARM into receivership. Now the firm was broken up and lots of people from staff to unsecured lenders to creditors to shareholders lost. Even the cash from the sale of ARM TZ was grabbed by GoT/TRA!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Fyatu
#1043 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 7:19:36 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I am not an investor in Cytonn nor a detractor. I wish them the best.

IMHO, Dande & Co were overly ambitious and bit off too much. Too many projects, etc. This is not some "Art of War" thing but a cashflow issue. If they can pay off Thogo et al per the original contracts then all will be back to normal.

Bila pesa/cash, they need to sit down and make deals with each investor. Perhaps the best way out remains the investors "buy" an apartment. Some may want cash and not an apartment but mta-do if Cytonn collapses?

Look at ARM. One bank (with the smallest loan) took ARM into receivership. Now the firm was broken up and lots of people from staff to unsecured lenders to creditors to shareholders lost. Even the cash from the sale of ARM TZ was grabbed by GoT/TRA!

Speaking of ARM, why has CMA not de-listed it from NSE?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
sqft
#1044 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 7:36:29 PM

Lawyer wants Cytonn, CMA probed over Sh44million fraud

https://www.the-star.co....-over-sh44million-fraud/
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
Mike Ock
#1045 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2020 2:00:22 PM

I live next door to the Alma which is probably Cytonn's largest project to date. This project was moving at express speed in the first few years of construction. Everyday the site was full of workers doing their thing the whole day. There was clearly money in the bank to fund all the activity. Now the progress of the project has become very stop-start. Clearly these guys are not as liquid as before. They're scrounging around for money to plough into the business. At this point you have to wonder what the difference is between this and building on your own. Anyway the silver lining is that, slow as the progress may be, this project is now too far along to fail. They will most likely cross the finish line eventually.
paulkimani
#1046 Posted : Wednesday, January 06, 2021 9:49:09 AM

Cytonn invites bids for this 4 acre land in Kilimani. They’ve run out of cash kabisa.

Liquidation hearing this month also.

https://kenyanbusinessfe...-prime-land-in-kilimani/