Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Sep 22, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Coop Bank 2019 [142]
Why dustbowl is the future [654]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15085]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [418]
Carbacid Investments HY2020 [9]
Madness at the NSE [2330]
City home owners face losses in suspect land deal ... [10]
Stanlib Fahari I-Reit FY 2019 [37]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [261]
KenGen HY 2019 [577]
NMG FY 2018 and Beyond [171]
KCB buy buy buy [1236]
Trading: Commodities, Equities, Forex, Crypto Etc [1]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [327]
Banque de Kigali [474]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

755 Pages«<752753754755>
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
VituVingiSana
#15061 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 9:28:51 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,196
Location: Nairobi
Loss for 1H 2020 is 14.3bn
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#15062 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 9:42:21 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,839
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
Loss for 1H 2020 is 14.3bn



Statement of profit and Loss;
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=large

Balance Sheet
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=large

Retained earnings at negative ksh.103.5bn
Borrowings increased

Cashflow statement;

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...ormat=jpg&name=large
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#15063 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 6:47:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,839
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.bloomberg.co...-than-half-amid-pandemic
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
tandich
#15064 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 7:28:42 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/6/2008
Posts: 183
VituVingiSana wrote:
Loss for 1H 2020 is 14.3bn


Big Bath?
Ericsson
#15065 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 8:28:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,839
Location: NAIROBI
KQ sees drop in revenues of between ksh.60 and 70bn in 2020
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#15066 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 8:38:02 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,819
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Loss for 1H 2020 is 14.3bn



Statement of profit and Loss;
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=large

Balance Sheet
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=large

Retained earnings at negative ksh.103.5bn
Borrowings increased

Cashflow statement;

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=large

Not catastrophic ceteris paribas
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
obiero
#15067 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 10:59:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,819
Location: nairobi
The thinking cap comes on belatedly https://www.businessdail...618340-l1lbd9/index.html
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
muandiwambeu
#15068 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 11:59:50 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/28/2015
Posts: 1,224
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Loss for 1H 2020 is 14.3bn



Statement of profit and Loss;
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=large

Balance Sheet
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=large

Retained earnings at negative ksh.103.5bn
Borrowings increased

Cashflow statement;

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...rmat=jpg&name=large

Not catastrophic ceteris paribas

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly the market should be given a days price discovery session.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
sparkly
#15069 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2020 7:04:31 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,882
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
[quote=obiero]The thinking cap comes on belatedly https://www.businessdail...18340-l1lbd9/index.html[/quote]

Declare bankruptcy, liquidate, GOK pays off any sovereign guarantees, other creditors go drying... all problems solved.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#15070 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 5:51:03 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,819
Location: nairobi
sparkly wrote:
[quote=obiero]The thinking cap comes on belatedly https://www.businessdail...18340-l1lbd9/index.html[/quote]

Declare bankruptcy, liquidate, GOK pays off any sovereign guarantees, other creditors go drying... all problems solved.

Second reading coming up http://www.parliament.go...ent%20Bill%2C%202020.pdf
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
obiero
#15071 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2020 10:21:04 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,819
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
The thinking cap comes on belatedly https://www.businessdail...18340-l1lbd9/index.html


Declare bankruptcy, liquidate, GOK pays off any sovereign guarantees, other creditors go drying... all problems solved.

Second reading coming up http://www.parliament.go...nt%20Bill%2C%202020.pdf

We are in discussion. Airline share price and value are often misunderstood https://www.businessdail...620952-nbb7ym/index.html
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
aemathenge
#15072 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2020 3:22:13 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,318
Location: Kerugoya
Nairobbery went to army.

kenya meat commission went to ministry of defence.

si kenya airways goes to kenya air force then?

ama namna gani my fren?

https://www.standardmedi...ved-to-defence-ministry
obiero
#15073 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2020 3:44:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,819
Location: nairobi
aemathenge wrote:
Nairobbery went to army.

kenya meat commission went to ministry of defence.

si kenya airways goes to kenya air force then?

ama namna gani my fren?

https://www.standardmedi...ved-to-defence-ministry

KALPA and KAWU will know that they don't know once GoK has full control of the Pride of Africa
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
VituVingiSana
#15074 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2020 6:50:20 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,196
Location: Nairobi
There are 1000s of pilots the world over looking for jobs https://www.cnbc.com/202...twitter&par=sharebar
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#15075 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 9:07:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,839
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.the-star.co....q-nationalisation-plan/

Pause kidogo
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#15076 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 9:53:37 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,819
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2020-09-13-turbulence-mps-cite-danger-in-kq-nationalisation-plan/

Pause kidogo

Unfortunately
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
VituVingiSana
#15077 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 7:55:38 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,196
Location: Nairobi
https://www.standardmedi...g-on-a-wing-and-a-prayer
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#15078 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 9:26:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,354
Location: Nairobi
Dear KQ Family



It’s been a little while since I wrote to you all and I sincerely apologise for that. As you know, a lot has been going on in the organisation, and the leadership team and I have continued to take a hands-on approach to steer the business to better times. I plan to have a virtual town hall in the next two weeks so we can have more engagement.



Today I would like to share updates on our current performance, the status of people actions and predictability of salary payouts, and some exciting projects on Unmanned Aircraft Systems and the Fahari Hub set up.





1. PERFORMANCE:

While passenger numbers have improved slightly month on month for Kenya Airways, the business continues to trend behind forecast and last year’s results. Our Year to Date loss stands at US$160.2 million against US$ 79.9 million in 2019. Our revenues have also slumped by US$ 369 million compared to last year.



As I have committed to in the past, the leadership team and I continue to look for various ways to lessen the negative impact of this severe cash constraint on us all. However, the reality is that we must all continue to make sacrifices in the effort to reduce our costs.





2. PEOPLE ACTIONS AND PREDICTABILITY OF SALARY PAYOUTS

We have had to take a step back to build more consensus on the actions we are taking. There is a need to move with speed to reduce anxiety in the organisation, refocus everybody and continue building the future. We have, therefore, starting this past week, re-engaged the unions to try to agree on moving forward.



The leadership team and I are continuously reviewing strategies which we can deploy to stem the wage bill significantly while limiting the impact on our employees as far as possible. Ultimately, our goal is to:



Stop accruing more staff debt in the form of deferred salaries, even as we consider retaining almost all staff.
Seek ways to conserve cash by avoiding significant payouts.
Structure a fit-for-purpose organisation to reduce the overall wage bill by 40% (Ksh. 483 million per month).


Given the above, we are all faced with the following options:



2.1. Redundancy which will be considered after the other cost savings initiatives and subsequent to discussions with our social partners and employees.



2.2. Implementation of gross salary cuts for at least 2 years, depending on the number of people to retain. This option will also include a review of allowances through a consultative and consent-driven process.



2.3 Execution of a flexible rotation staff working program for at least 2 years where employees work for a defined number of months per year and take a break (not leave) for the rest. This, too, requires consultation and consent.



2.4 A request to social partners to reconsider their views on annual leave and unpaid leave. This will allow more of their members to take leave and account for this from May 2020. This option will also mean that the unions have to consider the withdrawal of the court cases on leave matters. Specifically, on this matter, we continue to encourage meaningful dialogue and engagement on alternatives that could reduce the impact of a potential redundancy exercise.



Salary Payouts:

Concerning salary payouts, it has been extremely challenging for us all. We have had no predictability of the Company’s finances over the last three months due to the ongoing pandemic and the resulting impact on our fiscal position.



We will make every reasonable effort to predict the salary payouts over a longer time (at least 3 months in advance), to enable staff to plan their finances and manage expectations during these uncertain times.



I desire to move towards higher rates of pay progressively and also to ensure that we don’t continue to accrue staff debt in the form of deferred salaries. As it stands right now, however, we do not have funds that can enable us to plan on how to pay the owed amounts. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide an update once there is an exact position on the way forward.



Honouring the 47 Retirees

I would like to honour the 47 colleagues who have volunteered to retire early. These colleagues have served with distinction for between 9 years and 41 years. Collectively they have been with the Company for 1,215 years. Those are many years of experience and skill. These colleagues have taken this action to help reduce the impact on the rest of the employees. I thank them for their service, and the HR department will be sharing their names in a separate communication.



3. PROJECT UPDATES

Amidst the challenges we are going through, we are also running numerous projects, including improving our customer focus, diversifying our business, entrenching the culture of innovation among many others. I will give you two exciting examples



3.1 Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS Technology)

I’m excited to share an update on the innovative Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) project led by the able and talented Technical Department.



UAS is a disruptive technology providing various solutions to our country’s Big 4 Agenda and our mission to ensure the sustainable development of Africa. UAS technology supports surveillance and aerial mapping, emergency and rescue services, among others.



As the key player in Kenya’s aviation sector, we have a part to play in driving the advancement of UAS technology for the benefit of our country and Company.



I am pleased to report that the Company is seeking to establish mutually beneficial partnerships with various state corporations which have the potential to benefit from this technology. This will continue to put Kenya Airways at the heart of driving a robust socio-economic agenda for Kenya while overseeing the seamless adaptation of the UAS operations by Government entities.



We will continue to keep you posted on further developments in this area.



3.2 Fahari Hub

We are happy to announce the official launch of Fahari Hub. This is an innovation hub that will be initially run virtually (online) and whose objective is to encourage bottom-up ideation and cross-functional collaboration.



The Virtual Fahari Hub will create an opportunity for all staff to share and work on their creative ideas while still engaged in their daily tasks. I look forward to the next-level creativity arising from this project!





Finally:

“Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise.”



This quote by Victor Hugo sums up my message today.



I have been encouraged and uplifted by the tremendous resilience and admirable fortitude you have all displayed in the face of seemingly insurmountable challenges. I want you to know how much your commitment encourages the leadership team and I to focus all our energies on finding lasting solutions.



I am confident that if we don’t give up, we will find a way and emerge stronger! This, too, shall pass.





Allan Kilavuka
possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#15079 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:04:37 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/29/2016
Posts: 873
Location: Nairobi
maka wrote:
Dear KQ Family



It’s been a little while since I wrote to you all and I sincerely apologise for that. As you know, a lot has been going on in the organisation, and the leadership team and I have continued to take a hands-on approach to steer the business to better times. I plan to have a virtual town hall in the next two weeks so we can have more engagement.



Today I would like to share updates on our current performance, the status of people actions and predictability of salary payouts, and some exciting projects on Unmanned Aircraft Systems and the Fahari Hub set up.





1. PERFORMANCE:

While passenger numbers have improved slightly month on month for Kenya Airways, the business continues to trend behind forecast and last year’s results. Our Year to Date loss stands at US$160.2 million against US$ 79.9 million in 2019. Our revenues have also slumped by US$ 369 million compared to last year.



As I have committed to in the past, the leadership team and I continue to look for various ways to lessen the negative impact of this severe cash constraint on us all. However, the reality is that we must all continue to make sacrifices in the effort to reduce our costs.





2. PEOPLE ACTIONS AND PREDICTABILITY OF SALARY PAYOUTS

We have had to take a step back to build more consensus on the actions we are taking. There is a need to move with speed to reduce anxiety in the organisation, refocus everybody and continue building the future. We have, therefore, starting this past week, re-engaged the unions to try to agree on moving forward.



The leadership team and I are continuously reviewing strategies which we can deploy to stem the wage bill significantly while limiting the impact on our employees as far as possible. Ultimately, our goal is to:



Stop accruing more staff debt in the form of deferred salaries, even as we consider retaining almost all staff.
Seek ways to conserve cash by avoiding significant payouts.
Structure a fit-for-purpose organisation to reduce the overall wage bill by 40% (Ksh. 483 million per month).


Given the above, we are all faced with the following options:



2.1. Redundancy which will be considered after the other cost savings initiatives and subsequent to discussions with our social partners and employees.



2.2. Implementation of gross salary cuts for at least 2 years, depending on the number of people to retain. This option will also include a review of allowances through a consultative and consent-driven process.



2.3 Execution of a flexible rotation staff working program for at least 2 years where employees work for a defined number of months per year and take a break (not leave) for the rest. This, too, requires consultation and consent.



2.4 A request to social partners to reconsider their views on annual leave and unpaid leave. This will allow more of their members to take leave and account for this from May 2020. This option will also mean that the unions have to consider the withdrawal of the court cases on leave matters. Specifically, on this matter, we continue to encourage meaningful dialogue and engagement on alternatives that could reduce the impact of a potential redundancy exercise.



Salary Payouts:

Concerning salary payouts, it has been extremely challenging for us all. We have had no predictability of the Company’s finances over the last three months due to the ongoing pandemic and the resulting impact on our fiscal position.



We will make every reasonable effort to predict the salary payouts over a longer time (at least 3 months in advance), to enable staff to plan their finances and manage expectations during these uncertain times.



I desire to move towards higher rates of pay progressively and also to ensure that we don’t continue to accrue staff debt in the form of deferred salaries. As it stands right now, however, we do not have funds that can enable us to plan on how to pay the owed amounts. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide an update once there is an exact position on the way forward.



Honouring the 47 Retirees

I would like to honour the 47 colleagues who have volunteered to retire early. These colleagues have served with distinction for between 9 years and 41 years. Collectively they have been with the Company for 1,215 years. Those are many years of experience and skill. These colleagues have taken this action to help reduce the impact on the rest of the employees. I thank them for their service, and the HR department will be sharing their names in a separate communication.



3. PROJECT UPDATES

Amidst the challenges we are going through, we are also running numerous projects, including improving our customer focus, diversifying our business, entrenching the culture of innovation among many others. I will give you two exciting examples



3.1 Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS Technology)

I’m excited to share an update on the innovative Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) project led by the able and talented Technical Department.



UAS is a disruptive technology providing various solutions to our country’s Big 4 Agenda and our mission to ensure the sustainable development of Africa. UAS technology supports surveillance and aerial mapping, emergency and rescue services, among others.



As the key player in Kenya’s aviation sector, we have a part to play in driving the advancement of UAS technology for the benefit of our country and Company.



I am pleased to report that the Company is seeking to establish mutually beneficial partnerships with various state corporations which have the potential to benefit from this technology. This will continue to put Kenya Airways at the heart of driving a robust socio-economic agenda for Kenya while overseeing the seamless adaptation of the UAS operations by Government entities.



We will continue to keep you posted on further developments in this area.



3.2 Fahari Hub

We are happy to announce the official launch of Fahari Hub. This is an innovation hub that will be initially run virtually (online) and whose objective is to encourage bottom-up ideation and cross-functional collaboration.



The Virtual Fahari Hub will create an opportunity for all staff to share and work on their creative ideas while still engaged in their daily tasks. I look forward to the next-level creativity arising from this project!





Finally:

“Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise.”



This quote by Victor Hugo sums up my message today.



I have been encouraged and uplifted by the tremendous resilience and admirable fortitude you have all displayed in the face of seemingly insurmountable challenges. I want you to know how much your commitment encourages the leadership team and I to focus all our energies on finding lasting solutions.



I am confident that if we don’t give up, we will find a way and emerge stronger! This, too, shall pass.





Allan Kilavuka


Nothing to me. He is just confirming that staff cuts are inevitable. I need to see how he is going to diversity/ stop reliance on passenger revenue and expand the cargo operations. He spoke to CNN Market place and there is simply nothing he said about cargo expansion. How did Astral managed to increase the fleet from 9 to 14 during this pandemic?

He needs to ask the government to pump cash into the business. There is no way KQ can rely on passenger revenue right now to pay for operating costs.

This fellow is going to reduce this airline to a small regional carrier. The dreamliners on lease will ultimately be let go as the revenue coming in is not enough to pay the lease costs.
maka
#15080 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:36:48 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,354
Location: Nairobi
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Dear KQ Family



It’s been a little while since I wrote to you all and I sincerely apologise for that. As you know, a lot has been going on in the organisation, and the leadership team and I have continued to take a hands-on approach to steer the business to better times. I plan to have a virtual town hall in the next two weeks so we can have more engagement.



Today I would like to share updates on our current performance, the status of people actions and predictability of salary payouts, and some exciting projects on Unmanned Aircraft Systems and the Fahari Hub set up.





1. PERFORMANCE:

While passenger numbers have improved slightly month on month for Kenya Airways, the business continues to trend behind forecast and last year’s results. Our Year to Date loss stands at US$160.2 million against US$ 79.9 million in 2019. Our revenues have also slumped by US$ 369 million compared to last year.



As I have committed to in the past, the leadership team and I continue to look for various ways to lessen the negative impact of this severe cash constraint on us all. However, the reality is that we must all continue to make sacrifices in the effort to reduce our costs.





2. PEOPLE ACTIONS AND PREDICTABILITY OF SALARY PAYOUTS

We have had to take a step back to build more consensus on the actions we are taking. There is a need to move with speed to reduce anxiety in the organisation, refocus everybody and continue building the future. We have, therefore, starting this past week, re-engaged the unions to try to agree on moving forward.



The leadership team and I are continuously reviewing strategies which we can deploy to stem the wage bill significantly while limiting the impact on our employees as far as possible. Ultimately, our goal is to:



Stop accruing more staff debt in the form of deferred salaries, even as we consider retaining almost all staff.
Seek ways to conserve cash by avoiding significant payouts.
Structure a fit-for-purpose organisation to reduce the overall wage bill by 40% (Ksh. 483 million per month).


Given the above, we are all faced with the following options:



2.1. Redundancy which will be considered after the other cost savings initiatives and subsequent to discussions with our social partners and employees.



2.2. Implementation of gross salary cuts for at least 2 years, depending on the number of people to retain. This option will also include a review of allowances through a consultative and consent-driven process.



2.3 Execution of a flexible rotation staff working program for at least 2 years where employees work for a defined number of months per year and take a break (not leave) for the rest. This, too, requires consultation and consent.



2.4 A request to social partners to reconsider their views on annual leave and unpaid leave. This will allow more of their members to take leave and account for this from May 2020. This option will also mean that the unions have to consider the withdrawal of the court cases on leave matters. Specifically, on this matter, we continue to encourage meaningful dialogue and engagement on alternatives that could reduce the impact of a potential redundancy exercise.



Salary Payouts:

Concerning salary payouts, it has been extremely challenging for us all. We have had no predictability of the Company’s finances over the last three months due to the ongoing pandemic and the resulting impact on our fiscal position.



We will make every reasonable effort to predict the salary payouts over a longer time (at least 3 months in advance), to enable staff to plan their finances and manage expectations during these uncertain times.



I desire to move towards higher rates of pay progressively and also to ensure that we don’t continue to accrue staff debt in the form of deferred salaries. As it stands right now, however, we do not have funds that can enable us to plan on how to pay the owed amounts. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide an update once there is an exact position on the way forward.



Honouring the 47 Retirees

I would like to honour the 47 colleagues who have volunteered to retire early. These colleagues have served with distinction for between 9 years and 41 years. Collectively they have been with the Company for 1,215 years. Those are many years of experience and skill. These colleagues have taken this action to help reduce the impact on the rest of the employees. I thank them for their service, and the HR department will be sharing their names in a separate communication.



3. PROJECT UPDATES

Amidst the challenges we are going through, we are also running numerous projects, including improving our customer focus, diversifying our business, entrenching the culture of innovation among many others. I will give you two exciting examples



3.1 Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS Technology)

I’m excited to share an update on the innovative Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) project led by the able and talented Technical Department.



UAS is a disruptive technology providing various solutions to our country’s Big 4 Agenda and our mission to ensure the sustainable development of Africa. UAS technology supports surveillance and aerial mapping, emergency and rescue services, among others.



As the key player in Kenya’s aviation sector, we have a part to play in driving the advancement of UAS technology for the benefit of our country and Company.



I am pleased to report that the Company is seeking to establish mutually beneficial partnerships with various state corporations which have the potential to benefit from this technology. This will continue to put Kenya Airways at the heart of driving a robust socio-economic agenda for Kenya while overseeing the seamless adaptation of the UAS operations by Government entities.



We will continue to keep you posted on further developments in this area.



3.2 Fahari Hub

We are happy to announce the official launch of Fahari Hub. This is an innovation hub that will be initially run virtually (online) and whose objective is to encourage bottom-up ideation and cross-functional collaboration.



The Virtual Fahari Hub will create an opportunity for all staff to share and work on their creative ideas while still engaged in their daily tasks. I look forward to the next-level creativity arising from this project!





Finally:

“Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise.”



This quote by Victor Hugo sums up my message today.



I have been encouraged and uplifted by the tremendous resilience and admirable fortitude you have all displayed in the face of seemingly insurmountable challenges. I want you to know how much your commitment encourages the leadership team and I to focus all our energies on finding lasting solutions.



I am confident that if we don’t give up, we will find a way and emerge stronger! This, too, shall pass.





Allan Kilavuka


Nothing to me. He is just confirming that staff cuts are inevitable. I need to see how he is going to diversity/ stop reliance on passenger revenue and expand the cargo operations. He spoke to CNN Market place and there is simply nothing he said about cargo expansion. How did Astral managed to increase the fleet from 9 to 14 during this pandemic?

He needs to ask the government to pump cash into the business. There is no way KQ can rely on passenger revenue right now to pay for operating costs.

This fellow is going to reduce this airline to a small regional carrier. The dreamliners on lease will ultimately be let go as the revenue coming in is not enough to pay the lease costs.



Surely si nyinyi ndio mlikuwa mnalilia ma Dreamliner..... Fancy very soft planes... Can't even do proper cargo.... 😏
possunt quia posse videntur
Users browsing this topic
Guest (9)
755 Pages«<752753754755>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.