Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Jul 11, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Covid Bargain Shares (CBS) [1]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [203]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2058]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15032]
Why dustbowl is the future [568]
Options and Derivatives Trading on NSE [73]
Alternative hypothesis:Only idiots make money on N... [38]
Pertinent Question: Private Equity vs Public Equit... [4]
EA Cables and Transcentury FY 2018 [76]
CIC Insurance 2019 [83]
WPP ScanGroup Plc FY 2019 [35]
Madness at the NSE [2298]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3534]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [372]
Realities of Forex Investment [3913]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

29 Pages«<26272829>
Why dustbowl is the future
wukan
#541 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 4:32:07 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,409
sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
sqft wrote:
If @wukan was to be asked, nairobi should not have spread beyond kirinyaga rd and river rd.


Wukan has admitted several times papa hapa that he is a lucky sperm/silver spoon scion waiting for mama and papa to kick the bucket so he can inherit their old money.
I suspect his parents were that first wave of entrepreneurs from Muranga who bought up much of the River Road muhindi shops in the 1960s and 1970s. He seems very bitter when regular chaps who sweated for every coin they have are making moves in DC (the "I must be the only rich one and everybody else must be bitterly poor" mentality.) Isapite.


Now I know why he is TRAPPED in kirinyaga rd and grogon. He should make his folks proud by expanding the "family empire" beyond kirinyaga rd, not waiting for the spoils like a vulture.


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly you peeps are funny. sparkles(read the Kihingo thread again) and many others try to show you how the wealth of the city is made and keep throwing mud at old money. Making money is the easy bit keeping it is the harder thing. If you think I am not expanding the family empire you are so wrong.

This city's DNA has not changed in a century.True billionaires(not those who steal govt funds) are manufactured in the same areas of this city. Same reason it always rains more around the lakeside. If you go to new york if you will find a place known as the billionaires row. Same for London, Hong Kong, Singapore. Even the Chinese came recently and they have gathered in the same downtown areas. Every day there are new young men that come to this city and they find mentors in that downtown area and they become millionaires. There is nothing new under the sun

Quote:
Murang'a is famous as the cradle of the Agikuyu. It is also home to some affluent men and women who made Nairobi their home long before independence. Wattle trees were the first cash crop long before coffee and tea. This crop spawned the first generation of tycoons like the famous Jogoo Kimakia.

https://www.standardmedi...tired-towns-of-murang-a
Quote:
The tiny towns seem frozen in time and prospects. They seem untouched by devolution or globalisation. They have traditional dukas with a canopy. The buildings in the tiny towns seem thinner than in other towns. The tiny towns boast lots of incomplete, abandoned buildings or empty plots.
The presence of so many tiny tired towns in this county left my head spinning. They might be best manifestation of brain drain. Once men and women go through school, they just leave the countryside and never return.
The educated and ambitious find higher returns in bigger towns like Thika or Nairobi and surprisingly abroad. You know where little Murang’a is in USA with Kamaus for nyama choma? Even Kikuyu church services are there for you.

amorphous
#542 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 4:41:04 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth
Wukan,
So if it is so easy to make money why are you busy hanging onto mama and papas wealth instead of cobbling together your own smile .
Please do not mention Sparkles as an example of wealth ati Kihingo. Tunjamaa Hana kitu! Just one crumbling 1/8th he has been defeated to sell because he has zero social skills. Hata kwake Rondi Kopany Hana kitu!!..not even a grass thatchLaughing out loudly . Ask him where Kihingo is and he will not even know.
Amorphously amorphous
wukan
#543 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:33:16 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,409
amorphous wrote:
Wukan,
So if it is so easy to make money why are you busy hanging onto mama and papas wealth instead of cobbling together your own smile .


Simple you do not need to re-invent the wheel. papas plot may be worth 90m but to redevelop it to proper commercial cum residential(not kikuyu gothic) will require maybe another 900m. Looking for that 900m is what I'm busy cobbling together
amorphous
#544 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:03:17 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth
wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Wukan,
So if it is so easy to make money why are you busy hanging onto mama and papas wealth instead of cobbling together your own smile .


Simple you do not need to re-invent the wheel. papas plot may be worth 90m but to redevelop it to proper commercial cum residential(not kikuyu gothic) will require maybe another 900m. Looking for that 900m is what I'm busy cobbling together


he he he he

But why would you raise 900m to renovate a 90m building when you could raise the 900m to build a beautiful new building from scratch without mama na papa's wealth to cling on to? It is a waste of money IMHO to renovate an old building for close to a billion! My advice..if you truly can raise 900m, buy a huge piece of land in DC and build a small city. Way better returns, built with your own sweat without running to mama or papa for crumbs off the table smile
Amorphously amorphous
sparkly
#545 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:16:37 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,809
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:
wukan wrote:

I don't like urban sprawl. It makes cities very expensive.

Expensive meaning land prices shoot through the roof? How is that a bad thing for investors?

Quote:
I'm okay with the urban decay of Nairobi core because it can easily be solved.

Laughing out loudly

Quote:
That urban mess in DC is beyond redemption.


How so? Proof/evidence that it is "beyond redemption" vis-a-vis Nairobi core?


Quote:
One day the govt will have to build an expressway all the way to Namanga.


Na shida iko wapi? Have you been to Namanga rd? Have you seen the two slip roads parallel to it throughout Kitengela CBD? You can build a 10 lane superhighway from Kitengela to Namanga easy peasy if funds allow.

Quote:
Even the guy who did the video is complaining on how you are grabbing pastureland.


What's wrong with grabbing pastureland? Wasn't Nairobi core once pastureland?


Your questions are answered herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c6rIt0fe7w.


One day you will realize why muhindis have stuck to parklands and westlands and somalis in Eastleigh, South C



.
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#546 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:20:30 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,809
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
An instructive video on building upwards versus sideways...

Life is short. Live passionately.
Jon Jones
#547 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 5:59:06 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/11/2015
Posts: 123
Location: Thika
How are Kitengela and Ngong during the elections?? I have read the entire thread and I am convinced that Mugundaman, despite his annoying demeanor, has a valid point. Kajiado is the best value for money as far as real estate is concerned. Same distance from CBD with Kiambu, but the prices are significantly lower. In fact, my online research shows that houses and land trade at less than half the price of similar houses in Kiambu county. In other words, there is potentially more upside/value for money in Kajiado than Kiambu. I am particularly interested in Ngong and Kitengela. Are these zones friendly investment destinations for people from the mountainside?? Do we have a critical mass of Atiriri's in these towns?? How were those areas in 2007/8. I seek value wherever I can find it but that being said I am still cognizant of the fact that Kenyans are still politically charged and polarized during electioneering periods. In fact, I think that is part of the reason why property and land prices in Kiambu sell at a premium. Someone please shed more light on this.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
wukan
#548 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 7:35:26 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,409
sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
sqft wrote:
If @wukan was to be asked, nairobi should not have spread beyond kirinyaga rd and river rd.


Wukan has admitted several times papa hapa that he is a lucky sperm/silver spoon scion waiting for mama and papa to kick the bucket so he can inherit their old money.
I suspect his parents were that first wave of entrepreneurs from Muranga who bought up much of the River Road muhindi shops in the 1960s and 1970s. He seems very bitter when regular chaps who sweated for every coin they have are making moves in DC (the "I must be the only rich one and everybody else must be bitterly poor" mentality.) Isapite.


Now I know why he is TRAPPED in kirinyaga rd and grogon. He should make his folks proud by expanding the "family empire" beyond kirinyaga rd, not waiting for the spoils like a vulture.


Let me leave this here. Skip to 1:28smile smile
amorphous
#549 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 7:56:20 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth
wukan wrote:
sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
sqft wrote:
If @wukan was to be asked, nairobi should not have spread beyond kirinyaga rd and river rd.


Wukan has admitted several times papa hapa that he is a lucky sperm/silver spoon scion waiting for mama and papa to kick the bucket so he can inherit their old money.
I suspect his parents were that first wave of entrepreneurs from Muranga who bought up much of the River Road muhindi shops in the 1960s and 1970s. He seems very bitter when regular chaps who sweated for every coin they have are making moves in DC (the "I must be the only rich one and everybody else must be bitterly poor" mentality.) Isapite.


Now I know why he is TRAPPED in kirinyaga rd and grogon. He should make his folks proud by expanding the "family empire" beyond kirinyaga rd, not waiting for the spoils like a vulture.


Let me leave this here. Skip to 1:28smile smile



Wukan,
You are now ruining this DC thread with Grogon manenos Laughing out loudly
Just start a Grogon thread na ubandike hizi vitu hapo hapo mblo.
Amorphously amorphous
amorphous
#550 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 8:02:15 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth
Jon Jones wrote:
How are Kitengela and Ngong during the elections?? I have read the entire thread and I am convinced that Mugundaman, despite his annoying demeanor, has a valid point. Kajiado is the best value for money as far as real estate is concerned. Same distance from CBD with Kiambu, but the prices are significantly lower. In fact, my online research shows that houses and land trade at less than half the price of similar houses in Kiambu county. In other words, there is potentially more upside/value for money in Kajiado than Kiambu. I am particularly interested in Ngong and Kitengela. Are these zones friendly investment destinations for people from the mountainside?? Do we have a critical mass of Atiriri's in these towns?? How were those areas in 2007/8. I seek value wherever I can find it but that being said I am still cognizant of the fact that Kenyans are still politically charged and polarized during electioneering periods. In fact, I think that is part of the reason why property and land prices in Kiambu sell at a premium. Someone please shed more light on this.


Kitengela and Ngong are PEACE CITIES with the FACE OF KENYA humo humo bratha. Kitengela especially! I have never encountered a more cosmopolitan satellite city in Kenya outside Nairobi and Mombasa in my life! During the worst of PEV and elections of 2017 Kite and Ngong were calm shwaaaaaaa to the end. And as you have brilliantly pointed out - the economics of it are unimpeachable. P.S. the true sign of practical wisdom is the ability to bend to irrefutable logic and being pragmatic despite not liking the message or the messenger Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. DT arap Moi was a master of this. He always knew how to bend with the wind bila emotions even if he hated what the implications were. When he repealed 2A in one minute even the opposition were shell shocked, yet he ruled for another decade. He always put his ego aside and did what was necessary to achieve the best outcome (for himself of course).

Karibu DC, bratha. You will never regret your investment!

More and and more are waking up to the reality of #DC Rising
Amorphously amorphous
tinker
#551 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 8:54:06 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 408
Location: Nairobi
amorphous wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
How are Kitengela and Ngong during the elections?? I have read the entire thread and I am convinced that Mugundaman, despite his annoying demeanor, has a valid point. Kajiado is the best value for money as far as real estate is concerned. Same distance from CBD with Kiambu, but the prices are significantly lower. In fact, my online research shows that houses and land trade at less than half the price of similar houses in Kiambu county. In other words, there is potentially more upside/value for money in Kajiado than Kiambu. I am particularly interested in Ngong and Kitengela. Are these zones friendly investment destinations for people from the mountainside?? Do we have a critical mass of Atiriri's in these towns?? How were those areas in 2007/8. I seek value wherever I can find it but that being said I am still cognizant of the fact that Kenyans are still politically charged and polarized during electioneering periods. In fact, I think that is part of the reason why property and land prices in Kiambu sell at a premium. Someone please shed more light on this.


Kitengela and Ngong are PEACE CITIES with the FACE OF KENYA humo humo bratha. Kitengela especially! I have never encountered a more cosmopolitan satellite city in Kenya outside Nairobi and Mombasa in my life! During the worst of PEV and elections of 2017 Kite and Ngong were calm shwaaaaaaa to the end. And as you have brilliantly pointed out - the economics of it are unimpeachable. P.S. the true sign of practical wisdom is the ability to bend to irrefutable logic and being pragmatic despite not liking the message or the messenger Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. DT arap Moi was a master of this. He always knew how to bend with the wind bila emotions even if he hated what the implications were. When he repealed 2A in one minute even the opposition were shell shocked, yet he ruled for another decade. He always put his ego aside and did what was necessary to achieve the best outcome (for himself of course).

Karibu DC, bratha. You will never regret your investment!

More and and more are waking up to the reality of #DC Rising


My two cents.
Real estate properties in Ngong proper (Ngong, Ololua, Zambia Matasia, Kahara, Nkoroi, Rimpa) are not and have never been that affordable, may be bcuz it is predominantly Atiriri's place. when Wamashati is campaigning in this region, he switches to shortwave. You might need to check who is the area MP as well.

Kite is more cosmopolitan than Ngong, there used to be small time election violence in Kite during Moi's error (RIP Daniel Ole Muyaa and Parkinyaro). Luckily Saitoti never entertained it.

....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
amorphous
#552 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 10:33:28 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth
tinker wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
How are Kitengela and Ngong during the elections?? I have read the entire thread and I am convinced that Mugundaman, despite his annoying demeanor, has a valid point. Kajiado is the best value for money as far as real estate is concerned. Same distance from CBD with Kiambu, but the prices are significantly lower. In fact, my online research shows that houses and land trade at less than half the price of similar houses in Kiambu county. In other words, there is potentially more upside/value for money in Kajiado than Kiambu. I am particularly interested in Ngong and Kitengela. Are these zones friendly investment destinations for people from the mountainside?? Do we have a critical mass of Atiriri's in these towns?? How were those areas in 2007/8. I seek value wherever I can find it but that being said I am still cognizant of the fact that Kenyans are still politically charged and polarized during electioneering periods. In fact, I think that is part of the reason why property and land prices in Kiambu sell at a premium. Someone please shed more light on this.


Kitengela and Ngong are PEACE CITIES with the FACE OF KENYA humo humo bratha. Kitengela especially! I have never encountered a more cosmopolitan satellite city in Kenya outside Nairobi and Mombasa in my life! During the worst of PEV and elections of 2017 Kite and Ngong were calm shwaaaaaaa to the end. And as you have brilliantly pointed out - the economics of it are unimpeachable. P.S. the true sign of practical wisdom is the ability to bend to irrefutable logic and being pragmatic despite not liking the message or the messenger Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. DT arap Moi was a master of this. He always knew how to bend with the wind bila emotions even if he hated what the implications were. When he repealed 2A in one minute even the opposition were shell shocked, yet he ruled for another decade. He always put his ego aside and did what was necessary to achieve the best outcome (for himself of course).

Karibu DC, bratha. You will never regret your investment!

More and and more are waking up to the reality of #DC Rising


My two cents.
Real estate properties in Ngong proper (Ngong, Ololua, Zambia Matasia, Kahara, Nkoroi, Rimpa) are not and have never been that affordable, may be bcuz it is predominantly Atiriri's place. when Wamashati is campaigning in this region, he switches to shortwave. You might need to check who is the area MP as well.

Kite is more cosmopolitan than Ngong, there used to be small time election violence in Kite during Moi's error (RIP Daniel Ole Muyaa and Parkinyaro). Luckily Saitoti never entertained it.



tinker,
1. Compared to Kiambu as Jon Jones has pointed out, Ngong is DIRT CHEAP
2. Lets not get tribal but the demographics for Ngong do not match up to your assertion. If you look at the KNBS census statistics of 2019, Ngong represents the face of Kenya more or less. Especially leafy suburbs like Kibiko (the new Runda of Ngong) which have seen a massive influx of the middle class from Nairobi core the past decade alone.
3. Moi error ended 18 years ago. Funny that you are reviving it, alongside Moi and Saitoti who are all past tense. Current day Ngong and Jewel in the crown were ZERO affected by election cycles manenos in 2007, 2012 and 2017. This peace in turmoil is actually a huge factor in the flooding of the middle classes into DC ove the past 15 years.
4. As for the area MP, that means nothing. Did you forget that Keen was an MP hapo? Ole Sakuda too? Hard as you may find it to believe, many different people in Kajiado North from all over Kenya voted for the current MP not just because of his ethnic origins. Most voted party (remember Ole Lenku is Jubilee damu), others voted along "agreed upon" allocations of different seats from MP to governor, others voted policies/maendeleo etc. And let us not forget pia there were complaints of computer tampering Laughing out loudly . Bottom line, Ngong is as cosmopolitan as it gets in my humble view.
5. I wholeheardtedly agree with you on Kitengela being even more cosmopolitan. in fact it is shockingly so. As an example, my main construction material supplier is Somali, my barber is Congolese, my carpenter is from the lake, my electrician is from Machakos, my biodigester guy is a homeboy from Ruiru, my foreman is from Western, my fresh raw milk supplier is of course Maasai, my excavator heavy machinery guy is from Keroka sides, and my neighbours represent the FACE of Kiinya. Haguna mahali gama Jewel in the Crown, mblo and that's just cold hard facts Drool
Amorphously amorphous
NewMoney
#553 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 6:32:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/1/2019
Posts: 150
Location: Nairobi
Jon Jones wrote:
How are Kitengela and Ngong during the elections?? I have read the entire thread and I am convinced that Mugundaman, despite his annoying demeanor, has a valid point. Kajiado is the best value for money as far as real estate is concerned. Same distance from CBD with Kiambu, but the prices are significantly lower. In fact, my online research shows that houses and land trade at less than half the price of similar houses in Kiambu county. In other words, there is potentially more upside/value for money in Kajiado than Kiambu. I am particularly interested in Ngong and Kitengela. Are these zones friendly investment destinations for people from the mountainside?? Do we have a critical mass of Atiriri's in these towns?? How were those areas in 2007/8. I seek value wherever I can find it but that being said I am still cognizant of the fact that Kenyans are still politically charged and polarized during electioneering periods. In fact, I think that is part of the reason why property and land prices in Kiambu sell at a premium. Someone please shed more light on this.


Kiambu town is 15 KM from CBD i.e roughly the same distance from CBD to JKIA, not DC, DC averages 40 KM from CBD..

Now if you consider the distance from Kiambu to other leafy areas (village market, westlands, two rivers, e.t.c), you start to see why land is much more expensive there, price is absolutely not a selling point for DC
amorphous
#554 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 7:20:02 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth
NewMoney wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
How are Kitengela and Ngong during the elections?? I have read the entire thread and I am convinced that Mugundaman, despite his annoying demeanor, has a valid point. Kajiado is the best value for money as far as real estate is concerned. Same distance from CBD with Kiambu, but the prices are significantly lower. In fact, my online research shows that houses and land trade at less than half the price of similar houses in Kiambu county. In other words, there is potentially more upside/value for money in Kajiado than Kiambu. I am particularly interested in Ngong and Kitengela. Are these zones friendly investment destinations for people from the mountainside?? Do we have a critical mass of Atiriri's in these towns?? How were those areas in 2007/8. I seek value wherever I can find it but that being said I am still cognizant of the fact that Kenyans are still politically charged and polarized during electioneering periods. In fact, I think that is part of the reason why property and land prices in Kiambu sell at a premium. Someone please shed more light on this.


Kiambu town is 15 KM from CBD i.e roughly the same distance from CBD to JKIA, not DC, DC averages 40 KM from CBD..

Now if you consider the distance from Kiambu to other leafy areas (village market, westlands, two rivers, e.t.c), you start to see why land is much more expensive there, price is absolutely not a selling point for DC


Your argument started out well, but ended in a non sequitur Laughing out loudly

Kiambu town is not Kiambu County. We could easily say that Rongai is a mere 19.2 KM from CBD and close to Karen Waterfront, Galleria Mall and the Hub Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly



What is the distance from Kijabe, Kiambu County to CBD?

Your ending was the best part:

NewMoney wrote:
price is absolutely not a selling point for DC


On what planet Laughing out loudly ?

If Jon Jones can buy 1 acre in Ngong for 16m and put up 5 times the apartments he could put up for the equivalent value of land in Kiambu County (almost certainly way less land) OF COURSE DC prices will be a selling point to him unless you are communist who believes the economizing problem that people spend many years of their lives studying in business school is pure rubbish.



Amorphously amorphous
amorphous
#555 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 9:51:38 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth
As I said in ten years time DC will be called Greenbowl or Rainbowl Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . All these trees being planted are changing the microclimate big time in its leafy burbs. The rain this year was recordbeating. Jewel in the Crown is still very green this time of year..a far cry from years past when we had become accustomed to dried out grass-scapes.



Amorphously amorphous
amorphous
#556 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 10:04:43 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth
#RongaiRising Applause Gathige, tinker et al..you must be enjoying sana.Applause Applause Applause



6 Things to Know About Ongata Rongai

You cannot be Kenyan if you have never heard of Ongata Rongai town, popularly known as just Rongai or Ronga. It is a favourite subject by savvy social media users always creating ridiculous memes about it, mostly about its distance from Nairobi town.

History

Ongata Rongai is a peri-urban settlement at the outskirts of Nairobi located in Kajiado County and is situated 17 km (10.6 mi) south of Nairobi town. Although largely located within Nairobi metropolitan, it does not fall within the administrative boundaries of the city and is separated from Nairobi city proper by the Mbagathi River.

It is divided into two administrative locations, Nkaimurunya and Rongai, which are separated by the Magadi road. Historically occupied by the Maasai people, present-day Ongata Rongai grew from a meeting of a cattle market in the northernmost tip of Kajiado County and the quarry township in present-day Kware. The cattle market and the quarry spread rapidly and joined in the late 1950s.

Community

The Maasai people occupy majorly the rural parts of Rongai where they still practice their major economic activity, livestock rearing. However, the town has a diverse population due to its proximity to Nairobi.

Economy

Ongata Rongai is mostly dominated by middle-income earners and is known for its succulent and finger-licking nyama choma fresh from the farms. It serves as a primary entry point where most fresh produce is transported directly to the towns from the farms. It has two major markets for fresh produce: one near Maasai Mall and another one near Kware. A large number of butcheries across Ongata Rongai also bear testimony to the popularity of beef in the town and to outsiders.

Amenities

Just like any other modern town, Rongai houses various top banks, schools, and hospitals. Banks include Barclay’s, Equity Bank, Kenya Commercial Bank, HCF, Bank of Africa, Co-operative Bank, Sidian Bank, among many others. Healthcare providers like Equity Afia Medical Center, The Karen Hospital, Aga Khan Hospital, Meridian Hospital, Nairobi Women’s Hospital, Fatima Mission Nursing, Sinai Hospital and also Gertrude Children’s Hospital can also be found in Rongai.

It also boasts of various top learning institutions like Laiser Hill Academy, Magadi Road Primary, Maxwell Adventist Academy, Fanaka Junior School, Olerai School, Kunoni Educational Center, Azuri School, Thorn Tree School, Ongata Primary School and more. Other schools include African Nazarene University, Adventist University of Africa, Multimedia University of Kenya and Adventist University.

Rongai does not disappoint when it comes to the social scene. There are various restaurants and clubs that offer residents and visitors the perfect entertainment spot. These are The Smith Hotel, Beatus Chicken and Coffee House, GiMor Restaurant, Siron Place Restaurant, Club Legend, Hornbill Bar & Restaurant, Choma Place Inn Bar And Restaurant, Pizza Inn, Chicken Inn and many more.

Modern shopping centres are also evolving in Ongata Rongai such as; Maasai Mall(which has top retail stores, ATMs, restaurants that offer cuisines such as Italian, Chinese and Ethiopian), Bees Park, Geomerc Centre, Times Arcade, Great Wide Mall, etc. Rongai also has major shops i.e. Uchumi, Tuskys, Naivas and Tumaini Supermarkets.

Nganya Culture

If you are not aware of Rongai’s intricately designed matatus, you must be living under a rock. They are undeniably Nairobi’s finest public service vehicles. They have eye-catching and jaw-dropping graffiti on the outer body while the inside is fitted with free wi-fi, numerous speakers and LCD screens for loud music surrounding.

Must-See Places

For extroverts and adventure junkies, Ngong Hills is a must-visit. Enjoy the great green outdoors by taking part in hikes, mountain climbing, camping or just simple nature walks.

Another must-see gem is the Kitengela glass, an artifacts manufacturer tucked away in the far-flung Tuala township area. Enjoy breath-taking pieces of art inform of glass art, sculptures, home décor, and jewelry. The Nairobi National Park is also nearby for those looking to marvel at various wildlife.

For those looking to learn more about entrepreneurship of the food industry, Tam feeds, an agro-processing industry located in Gataka is also a must-visit.[/img]

source: https://www.pointpropert...72cQnqtiZworEgIrwxR1SOs


Masai Mall


Beautiful Maisonette

Amorphously amorphous
tinker
#557 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 4:53:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 408
Location: Nairobi
I have a dream, that one day, Magadi-road will be dualled.
I have a dream, that one day, Ronga will have piped water and sewerage system.
I have a dream, that one day, the residents of Ronga will not be called 'Diaspora' in their own Metropolis.
I have a dream, that one day, Ronga and its environs will not be a dust-bowl but paved roads and streets will ring.


.... dreams are valid !.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
amorphous
#558 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 6:29:46 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth
tinker wrote:
I have a dream, that one day, Magadi-road will be dualled.
I have a dream, that one day, Ronga will have piped water and sewerage system.
I have a dream, that one day, the residents of Ronga will not be called 'Diaspora' in their own Metropolis.
I have a dream, that one day, Ronga and its environs will not be a dust-bowl but paved roads and streets will ring.


.... dreams are valid !.


It is only a matter of time before it happens, brother.
Once kina Western Bypass, Waiyaki way etc are done. KenHa and KURA *growing* budgets will need to find new spaces.
Was on Ngong road juzi after 3 months of being away. Was SHOCKED at how beautiful and transformative the roadworks have been.
Kona used to be very dingy and that traffic there during the evenings both ways was a mess. I passed by it nyweeeee from Junction to Hub roundabout in less than 5-10 minutes with lots of cars on the road. On the way back it was even faster at about 4pm which used to be rush hour hapo. Unbelievable. Cannot wait for it to be complete God willing all the way to Ngong town. IN Kitengela Old Namanga Road to Acacia needs to be tarmacked. I'm already jipangaring there. It is just a matter of time and that corridor will be a boom zone.
Amorphously amorphous
amorphous
#559 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 7:46:57 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 271
Location: planet earth


Game changer.Excuse "Commutes/traffic to Jewel in the Crown, DC are too long." KWISHA once this expressway is done.
Amorphously amorphous
NewMoney
#560 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 8:41:15 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/1/2019
Posts: 150
Location: Nairobi
This is how the whole of DC will look like in the future, you can go to areas that were considered DC 20 years ago for reference e.g mwiki, ngong

https://www.nation.co.ke...th-open-air-dump-986020#
Users browsing this topic
Guest (4)
29 Pages«<26272829>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.