Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Feb 29, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3298]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14330]
KenGen HY 2019 [458]
Uchumi - A value play? [496]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2815]
Unga Group FY 2019 profit down 30% [6]
Tesla stock [28]
Madness at the NSE [2071]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1345]
StanChart [4]
Kenya Power FY 2017/2018 [353]
Kenya Re - 2018 and beyond [291]
Coop Bank 2019 [72]
First World Markets Shenanigans [11]
Sanlam Kenya [10]

Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

59 Pages«<575859
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
Spikes
#1161 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2020 8:32:54 AM

Ryko wrote:
passiveinvestor wrote:
is there currently a way to cash out of BTC positions and get KES without a killer charge?

Why would anyone cash out BTC now we just finishing a 2yr bear and we about to begin a long year ahead of winding bull market since halving is in 3 months (May).

Anyway, you can use the Paycent Credit Card (USD) it works well in all Kenya bank ATM that is what I use https://paycent.com/paycent-card/

It works like a any normal international card, most charges are ATM charges/conversion. This is an option if you don't want to deal with people/security/safaricom scandals/ bank fraud scandals/mistrust etc

Excellent info @Ryko.
John 5:17But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
passiveinvestor
#1162 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2020 9:04:52 AM

Thanks @Ryko and @mamilli . Looks like Paycent is the most ubiquitous. Though not regulated under any regime. Even though they claim to have UnionPay and Mastercard interoplability, no Mastercard / Unionpay logos on even the card images on the site and no announcement on Mastercard UnionPay sites that I've found.
My challenge has been the spread charged between a prevailing Crypto price and local currency as this never seems to be transparent and even varies from exchange to exchange.
Also, nowhere to resolve issues with Paycent.
But thanks for sharing. Will post here if I find something. Won't be marketing on anyone's behalf ofcourse.
Ryko
#1163 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2020 8:31:50 PM

passiveinvestor wrote:
Thanks @Ryko and @mamilli . Looks like Paycent is the most ubiquitous. Though not regulated under any regime. Even though they claim to have UnionPay and Mastercard interoplability, no Mastercard / Unionpay logos on even the card images on the site and no announcement on Mastercard UnionPay sites that I've found.
My challenge has been the spread charged between a prevailing Crypto price and local currency as this never seems to be transparent and even varies from exchange to exchange.
Also, nowhere to resolve issues with Paycent.
But thanks for sharing. Will post here if I find something. Won't be marketing on anyone's behalf ofcourse.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Mukiri
#1164 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 11:50:28 AM

mnandii wrote:

BITCOIN has now bottomed at $6362.50.

Expect a three wave correction to about $7000 but which should not go below 6362.50.

Afterwards a strong third wave that will take Bitcoin to above and beyond $19280s, the previous all-time high.

All the best in your trading or investment (you'll need Bitcoin to transact soon when your currency goes the Zimbabwean or Venezuelan way).

FOMO currently happening. Patiently waiting for that one last correction, before....

Proverbs 19:21
Sober
#1165 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2020 6:03:29 PM

Mukiri wrote:
mnandii wrote:

BITCOIN has now bottomed at $6362.50.

Expect a three wave correction to about $7000 but which should not go below 6362.50.

Afterwards a strong third wave that will take Bitcoin to above and beyond $19280s, the previous all-time high.

All the best in your trading or investment (you'll need Bitcoin to transact soon when your currency goes the Zimbabwean or Venezuelan way).

FOMO currently happening. Patiently waiting for that one last correction, before....

Just when some people imagined that the Halving was priced in the current state, then the surge towards $10k kicked off. The next bull run may be more volatile than the previous ones, looking at dollar incremental and not percentage rise.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
rwitre
#1166 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2020 11:19:26 AM

The way it smashed through 10K.
Onwards to the halving.
DCAs continue accumulating.
Traders either making profit or getting burned.
Holders of last resort remain unmoved.
2020 looking promising.
Fixed supply. Increasing demand. Time will tell.
Applause Applause Applause