Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Jun 16, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Help out a Depressed Sister! [32]
Switched at birth [6]
HOW TO JOIN ILLUMINATI SECRET SOCIETY +27734818506 [2]
Mike Sonko-The Hidiot [133]
POTUS TRUMP [1296]
Islamic lost love spells caster +27734818506 عجلة ... [1]
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022 [355]
Pornography. [36]
Effective fumigation - Cafe [7]
Jubilee Budget 2019/2020 [7]
What is Kenya doing about Ebola? [8]
What Happened??? [1]
Mastermind Tobacco tycoon dies [41]
IRAN v/s ISRAEL+USA WAR. [12]
Corruption in the Judiciary [242]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<161718
President Uhuru Kenyatta 2nd Term - 2017/2022
Kusadikika
#341 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:27:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,407
hardwood
#342 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:52:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,761
Kusadikika wrote:


Yaani Kenyans are happy to operate businesses in other countries eg the UK, US, etc but are unhappy when chinese engage in business in kenya. Why the double standards?

Also why complain about the chinese while indians, pakistanis, illegal somalis etc are all over mpaka machinani running mpaka kiosks?
Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
hardwood
#343 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:54:13 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,761
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...8xJV5tWwAEgLLn.jpg:large
Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
murchr
#344 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:29:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,473
hardwood wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:


Yaani Kenyans are happy to operate businesses in other countries eg the UK, US, etc but are unhappy when chinese engage in business in kenya. Why the double standards?

Also why complain about the chinese while indians, pakistanis, illegal somalis etc are all over mpaka machinani running mpaka kiosks?



I've been wondering too
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
wukan
#345 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:16:07 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,105
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:


Yaani Kenyans are happy to operate businesses in other countries eg the UK, US, etc but are unhappy when chinese engage in business in kenya. Why the double standards?

Also why complain about the chinese while indians, pakistanis, illegal somalis etc are all over mpaka machinani running mpaka kiosks?



I've been wondering too


Aki yawa you guys are naive...

https://www.asiabyafrica...-africa-guangzhou-china




wukan
#346 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:41:40 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,105
Kusadikika wrote:


I was looking for this quote by JJ Kamotho. Enough said

Quote:
During one visit to his office, I told him: “We in the media are convinced Moi wants Uhuru as his successor, not George Saitoti, the Vice-President.”

His reply, in Kikuyu, was intriguing: “Kihii gititumagwo uthoni! (You don’t send an uninitiated boy to bridal negotiations!)”

He first gave me this quote in an exclusive interview published in the Daily Nation just before the 2002 election.
https://mobile.nation.co...m-1-10nd3utz/index.html

murchr
#347 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:42:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,473
wukan wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:


Yaani Kenyans are happy to operate businesses in other countries eg the UK, US, etc but are unhappy when chinese engage in business in kenya. Why the double standards?

Also why complain about the chinese while indians, pakistanis, illegal somalis etc are all over mpaka machinani running mpaka kiosks?



I've been wondering too


Aki yawa you guys are naive...

https://www.asiabyafrica...-africa-guangzhou-china






Toa this naiveness....Why do you feel threatened by Chinese and not Somali or Indian?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
hardwood
#348 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:48:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,761
Jeezus, there is a comment on that link by @wukan that is kali sana....

https://www.asiabyafrica...-africa-guangzhou-china


Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
hardwood
#349 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:07:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,761
Souring Business, Xenophobia Makes China Dream Lose Its Appeal for African Migrants

https://www.caixinglobal...-migrants-101007685.html
Ecclesiastes 9:7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this.
wukan
#350 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 5:07:56 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,105
murchr wrote:
wukan wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:


Yaani Kenyans are happy to operate businesses in other countries eg the UK, US, etc but are unhappy when chinese engage in business in kenya. Why the double standards?

Also why complain about the chinese while indians, pakistanis, illegal somalis etc are all over mpaka machinani running mpaka kiosks?



I've been wondering too


Aki yawa you guys are naive...

https://www.asiabyafrica...-africa-guangzhou-china






Toa this naiveness....Why do you feel threatened by Chinese and not Somali or Indian?



Coz I have my ear on the ground and I know when the market dynamics are changing. Sit down with guys from downtown, those who bring containers, those who pioneered into Dubai, Guangzhou and then Wiyu with zero support from govt, how the trading routes worked and how they have changed.
https://www.africanglobe...-chinas-chocolate-city/

I can't toa the naiveness. I see it everyday with govt officials who don't understand the market dynamics but yote tisa...majuto ni mjukuu.smile




2012
#351 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:54:02 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,355
Location: Nairobi
hardwood wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:


Yaani Kenyans are happy to operate businesses in other countries eg the UK, US, etc but are unhappy when chinese engage in business in kenya. Why the double standards?

Also why complain about the chinese while indians, pakistanis, illegal somalis etc are all over mpaka machinani running mpaka kiosks?


It's not the same. The Indians and the rest have been with us through the struggles, build their businesses from the ground, empowered citizens and even become citizens themselves.
Now, for these Chinese... if you want to know how xenophobia starts, this is how. Here, Uhuru's government has failed big time!

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
FRM2011
#352 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:44:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 11/5/2010
Posts: 2,290
hardwood wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:


Yaani Kenyans are happy to operate businesses in other countries eg the UK, US, etc but are unhappy when chinese engage in business in kenya. Why the double standards?

Also why complain about the chinese while indians, pakistanis, illegal somalis etc are all over mpaka machinani running mpaka kiosks?


The minimum amount you need to get an investor permit in kenya is $100,000. How then do you end up in a stall in Gikomba ?

On a light note, are you telling me the Nairobi business community is scared of the 5ft chinkus ?
murchr
#353 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 10:24:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,473
wukan wrote:
murchr wrote:
wukan wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:


Yaani Kenyans are happy to operate businesses in other countries eg the UK, US, etc but are unhappy when chinese engage in business in kenya. Why the double standards?

Also why complain about the chinese while indians, pakistanis, illegal somalis etc are all over mpaka machinani running mpaka kiosks?



I've been wondering too


Aki yawa you guys are naive...

https://www.asiabyafrica...-africa-guangzhou-china






Toa this naiveness....Why do you feel threatened by Chinese and not Somali or Indian?



Coz I have my ear on the ground and I know when the market dynamics are changing. Sit down with guys from downtown, those who bring containers, those who pioneered into Dubai, Guangzhou and then Wiyu with zero support from govt, how the trading routes worked and how they have changed.
https://www.africanglobe...-chinas-chocolate-city/

I can't toa the naiveness. I see it everyday with govt officials who don't understand the market dynamics but yote tisa...majuto ni mjukuu.smile







You just said nothing....Market dynamism is constantly changing. That is a fact you need to acquaint yourselves with.

Once upon a time Tom Mboya street was run by muhindi dukawallas, but Kenyans learnt how to go to China and import underwear all over sudden the dukawallas were subdivided into smaller kiosks and labelled exhibitions. Same thing happened on biashara street..Indians once ran the dukawallas then the Chinese came along and took over business.

So Wembe huo umeingia Gikomba, a Chinese just found a way of making money and he is importing the same bales of "camera clothes" (whatever that means) that you import. They are acclimatizing quite well.

I would get wary if they kill a local industry and force us to import their stuff....that way they would be killing our capacity to produce. Just like the Mutumba imports did to the textile industry...
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Fyatu
#354 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:32:37 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,415
Location: Nakuru
hardwood wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:


Yaani Kenyans are happy to operate businesses in other countries eg the UK, US, etc but are unhappy when chinese engage in business in kenya. Why the double standards?

Also why complain about the chinese while indians, pakistanis, illegal somalis etc are all over mpaka machinani running mpaka kiosks?



I don't see why there is too much hullabaloo about Chinese in Gikomba. Chagas from Tanzania have dominated the market/mitumba business for over two decades now and the idle business daily journalists have not written a sensational story about them
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Kusadikika
#355 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 11:23:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,407
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
18 Pages«<161718
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.