Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Aug 23, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Britam FY 2018 [43]
Free charting website for Kenyan stocks [5]
STOCKS TO SELL by yaserbigchair [1165]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [13532]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [405]
Madness at the NSE [1803]
Shafted by a Wazuan [78]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2034]
M-Akiba treasury bonds via mobile [382]
Kenya Economy Watch [2166]
KCB and NBK material announcement [184]
Why dustbowl is the future [369]
SBG Securities iTrader [103]
Nation Media Group full year 2018 [63]
Coop Bank 2019 [1]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Williamson Tea FY17
Pesa Nane
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2018 11:08:33 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Applause

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2018 11:13:46 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Quote:
COMMENTARY ON THE RESULTS
Good results were due to high crop volume as a result of favorable weather and improved prices for the better part of the financial year.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2018 11:16:17 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Quote:
DIVIDEND
The recommended a final dividend of Kshs.20 per share, subject to shareholders' approval, will accrue to the members on the register at the close of business on 21st September 2018. Therefore, the register will remain closed from 24th to 26th September 2018, both days inclusive.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2018 11:20:11 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Quote:
PROSPECTS
Crops are currently high, and prices have fallen steadily from the year end. However, prolonged rain has come with lower temperatures.
Thoughts of a bumber d'oh! year of harvest are probably inaccurate and we can look forward with some cautious optimism that global demand for decent teas will not collapse
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2018 11:23:05 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Quote:
NOTICE OF MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the SIXTY NINTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Shareholders will be held at the Nairobi Club, Ngong Road, on Tuesday 25th September 2018 at 10.00am
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2018 11:52:33 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,184
Location: Nairobi
Pesa Nane wrote:
Applause


FY 18 not FY 17 using conventional "naming" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#7 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 11:50:33 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,060
Location: NAIROBI
Another vvs production;

https://www.businessdail...869114-lxvuu/index.html

Williamson Tea Kenya has sunk into Sh85 million net loss for the half year period ended September 2018 on depressed tea prices, down from the previous year’s profit of Sh43.4 million.
Finance costs hit Sh43.2 million, reversing the Sh24 million booked last year as finance income.

At the same time, the firm took a Sh43.2 million hit as share of loss from its associated companies. This was about six times larger than the Sh7.7 million loss from associates in the previous half year period.

The losses were booked despite increased tea production due to favourable weather conditions lifting turnover by 13.4 per cent to Sh1.97 billion from Sh1.73 billion booked in a similar period last year.

Operating profit fell by 40 per cent to Sh16.78 million on higher costs. Fair value of biological assets, mainly made up of value of tea growing in the farm, dropped by Sh50.2 million reflecting depressed prices of the commodity.
VituVingiSana
#8 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 1:34:09 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,184
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
Another vvs production;

https://www.businessdail...869114-lxvuu/index.html

Williamson Tea Kenya has sunk into Sh85 million net loss for the half year period ended September 2018 on depressed tea prices, down from the previous year’s profit of Sh43.4 million.
Finance costs hit Sh43.2 million, reversing the Sh24 million booked last year as finance income.

At the same time, the firm took a Sh43.2 million hit as share of loss from its associated companies. This was about six times larger than the Sh7.7 million loss from associates in the previous half year period.

The losses were booked despite increased tea production due to favourable weather conditions lifting turnover by 13.4 per cent to Sh1.97 billion from Sh1.73 billion booked in a similar period last year.

Operating profit fell by 40 per cent to Sh16.78 million on higher costs. Fair value of biological assets, mainly made up of value of tea growing in the farm, dropped by Sh50.2 million reflecting depressed prices of the commodity.
YES. Applause Applause Applause And Kapchorua too!
WTK: I like this firm. The management never over-promises. They are ALWAYS crying. Net cash exceeds KES 1.4bn Applause Applause Applause
Great dividends when they pay dividends. I got 20/- in 2018. These are the type of businesses Warren Buffett likes. The type of investment that doesn't bother us even if the stockmarket closes.
KTC: The "poor" cousin has only 367mn in cash. 10/- dividend in 2018. No net debt. Applause Applause Applause

CAVEAT: Alap Looto's backyard.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
tandich
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:18:46 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/6/2008
Posts: 149
Indian Tea Sales to Wilt as Kenyan Crop Jumps

Kenyan production is up but prices are bound to reduce. I wonder how this will affect WTK & other producers.
FUNKY
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 10:43:31 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,486
Is it worth taking a risk investing in williamson tea?
Wondergirl
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 11:48:33 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/12/2009
Posts: 312
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Another vvs production;

https://www.businessdail...869114-lxvuu/index.html

Williamson Tea Kenya has sunk into Sh85 million net loss for the half year period ended September 2018 on depressed tea prices, down from the previous year’s profit of Sh43.4 million.
Finance costs hit Sh43.2 million, reversing the Sh24 million booked last year as finance income.

At the same time, the firm took a Sh43.2 million hit as share of loss from its associated companies. This was about six times larger than the Sh7.7 million loss from associates in the previous half year period.

The losses were booked despite increased tea production due to favourable weather conditions lifting turnover by 13.4 per cent to Sh1.97 billion from Sh1.73 billion booked in a similar period last year.

Operating profit fell by 40 per cent to Sh16.78 million on higher costs. Fair value of biological assets, mainly made up of value of tea growing in the farm, dropped by Sh50.2 million reflecting depressed prices of the commodity.
YES. Applause Applause Applause And Kapchorua too!
WTK: I like this firm. The management never over-promises. They are ALWAYS crying. Net cash exceeds KES 1.4bn Applause Applause Applause
Great dividends when they pay dividends. I got 20/- in 2018. These are the type of businesses Warren Buffett likes. The type of investment that doesn't bother us even if the stockmarket closes.
KTC: The "poor" cousin has only 367mn in cash. 10/- dividend in 2018. No net debt. Applause Applause Applause

CAVEAT: Alap Looto's backyard.

Very many things,
What's your thoughts on Kakuzi?
tandich
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:23:38 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/6/2008
Posts: 149
Will the falling volumes be offset by anticipated price increases? I doubt.

Kenyan Tea Growers Send Workers Home After Drought Cuts Harvest in Half
VituVingiSana
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:43:59 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,184
Location: Nairobi
tandich wrote:
Will the falling volumes be offset by anticipated price increases? I doubt.

Kenyan Tea Growers Send Workers Home After Drought Cuts Harvest in Half

Multiple factors come in play.
- Production levels in India and Sri Lanka which are major competitors. If their production is steady or grows then Kenyan tea will face headwinds.
- Stocks held by tea firms/consumers. Lots of tea in storage will dampen the demand for "new" tea.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
RIEK01
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:31:29 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 2/8/2018
Posts: 48
Fyatu
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:27:54 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,491
Location: Nakuru
RIEK01 wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001329009/governor-sang-sought-over-destruction-of-farm


To imagine that this governor is one of daktari's key men....d'oh!

What will happen if daktari takes over the reigns? Si hawa watu watatumaliza
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.