Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Nov 15, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
KenGen HY 2019 [276]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14047]
Kenya Economy Watch [2319]
Coop Bank 2019 [52]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [477]
CIC Insurance 2019 [38]
Scangroup [5]
Law Capping interest rates [2981]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3201]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [118]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2068]
EABL FY19 [39]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1137]
Madness at the NSE [1933]
Centum 2019/2020 [52]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

104 Pages«<9596979899>»
Exchange Bar: Results forecast
obiero
#1921 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:35:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,379
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

StanChart’s first quarter profit up 31pc to Sh2.4bn (PAT not PBT) https://www.businessdail...25790-myn4ny/index.html

More cost management than roaring business. Financial statements? Slow trickle in of results...bound to be some shockers for the remaining ones.
When times are tough, manage your costs. When things improve, the gains will explode.

How compliant are they with regards to LLPs vis a vis IFRS9?

Well, unless one audits their books, how does one know?

The green one net profit 5.8B.. 11% jump
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 221,100 ABP 12.68
obiero
#1922 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:28:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,379
Location: nairobi
Boom!
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 221,100 ABP 12.68
obiero
#1923 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:30:29 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,379
Location: nairobi
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2 Actual 8.5
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1 Actual 3.5
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 221,100 ABP 12.68
obiero
#1924 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:33:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,379
Location: nairobi
Standard Chartered
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 221,100 ABP 12.68
VituVingiSana
#1925 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:55:01 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,515
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2 Actual 8.5
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1 Actual 3.5
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

Equity > KCB?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1926 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:04:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,379
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2 Actual 8.5
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1 Actual 3.5
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

Equity > KCB?

Nikutafutie miwani?
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 221,100 ABP 12.68
obiero
#1927 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:31:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,379
Location: nairobi
COOP bank livestream link for tomorrow's AGM https://www.co-opbank.co.ke/livestream
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 221,100 ABP 12.68
VituVingiSana
#1928 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:06:27 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,515
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2 Actual 8.5
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1 Actual 3.5
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

Equity > KCB?

Nikutafutie miwani?
Laughing out loudly As a fan of JM, I think this is great!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1929 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:17:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,379
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2 Actual 8.5
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1 Actual 3.5
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

Equity > KCB?

Nikutafutie miwani?
Laughing out loudly As a fan of JM, I think this is great!

It's decent but remember the high turnover on the CFO position at that place.. Remember that
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 221,100 ABP 12.68
VituVingiSana
#1930 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:13:15 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,515
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2 Actual 8.5
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1 Actual 3.5
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

Equity > KCB?

Nikutafutie miwani?
Laughing out loudly As a fan of JM, I think this is great!

It's decent but remember the high turnover on the CFO position at that place.. Remember that

Remember Oigara was CFO who became the CEO. Do not forget that either. Plus he has no skin in the game. He will walk away with his 2bn+ in remuneration, during his time as CEO, without any risk.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1931 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:01:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,379
Location: nairobi
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2 Actual 8.5
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3 Actual 5.1
SCBK 3.1 Actual 3.5
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 2,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KNRE 100,000 ABP 2.90; KQ 221,100 ABP 12.68
Ericsson
#1932 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:28:54 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,625
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2 Actual 8.5
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1 Actual 3.5
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

Equity > KCB?

Nikutafutie miwani?
Laughing out loudly As a fan of JM, I think this is great!

It's decent but remember the high turnover on the CFO position at that place.. Remember that

Remember Oigara was CFO who became the CEO. Do not forget that either. Plus he has no skin in the game. He will walk away with his 2bn+ in remuneration, during his time as CEO, without any risk.


Paunrana had skin in the game,same as Muchiri Wahome of Deacons
VituVingiSana
#1933 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:36:50 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,515
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q1 2019, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 9.2 Actual 8.5
EQTY 7.9 Actual 8.8
COOP 5.3
SCBK 3.1 Actual 3.5
I&M 3.1
DTB 2.9
BBK 2.8
STANB 2.7 Actual 3.1
NIC 1.6 Actual 1.3
NBK 0.12
HFCK -0.098

Equity > KCB?

Nikutafutie miwani?
Laughing out loudly As a fan of JM, I think this is great!

It's decent but remember the high turnover on the CFO position at that place.. Remember that

Remember Oigara was CFO who became the CEO. Do not forget that either. Plus he has no skin in the game. He will walk away with his 2bn+ in remuneration, during his time as CEO, without any risk.


Paunrana had skin in the game,same as Muchiri Wahome of Deacons
It's not a guarantee of success but a good indicator than most eg Amazon, Microsoft, Apple.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Marthegorgeous
#1934 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:00:18 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/16/2009
Posts: 34
Location: NAIROBI
DTB pretax profit 2.9b.Obiero was on point like decimal.

https://dtbk.dtbafrica.c...Financials%20May-Fin.pdf
VituVingiSana
#1935 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:36:12 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,515
Location: Nairobi
Dear @pesanane,

Please wake up and post the results for I&M.

@Obiero - Is your estimate for I&M Bank or I&M Holdings?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#1936 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:35:29 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
VituVingiSana wrote:
Dear @pesanane,

Please wake up and post the results for I&M.

@Obiero - Is your estimate for I&M Bank or I&M Holdings?


We woke!

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#1937 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 10:03:33 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,515
Location: Nairobi
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Dear @pesanane,

Please wake up and post the results for I&M.

@Obiero - Is your estimate for I&M Bank or I&M Holdings?


We woke!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Not only are you awake, you have had your coffee too!
"Unaudited" misspelt as well for 1Q
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#1938 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:11:41 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 4,105
Location: 08c
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#1939 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:43:01 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,515
Location: Nairobi
Pesa Nane wrote:

Except for the typos, a very good performance.
EPS is up 33% on a comparative Q/Q basis.
Assets are up too.
All banking subsidiaries are profitable.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
the deal
#1940 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:58:04 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,505
Location: Windhoek/Nairobbery
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Except for the typos, a very good performance.
EPS is up 33% on a comparative Q/Q basis.
Assets are up too.
All banking subsidiaries are profitable.

Why are provisions for loan losses so low?
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
104 Pages«<9596979899>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.