Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Jul 24, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
No national anthem if Kiir hayuko [3]
Punguza Mizigo Bill [32]
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson [4]
Rotich Arrested. [86]
Let’s learn kikuyu [74]
Where do they go? [7]
IRAN v/s ISRAEL+USA WAR. [65]
William Ruto is NOT going to be President in 2022 [913]
BREXIT [221]
The Cancer Menace [127]
Piped cooking gas coming to a kitchen near you [18]
Alternative investment-Sport pesa [2163]
Nyama ya supermarket [60]
Weed! [122]
Car wash [6]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages123>»
US - China tariffs war
kingfisher
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:16:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/9/2008
Posts: 2,766
Who will brink first?
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
T-Bag
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:56:37 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/25/2008
Posts: 411
I never trust the XI to play fair, China will expand retaliation outside tariffs towards US companies based in china and US treasuries, notes and bond held by China........

Buy Gold and enjoy the ride
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
freiks
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:57:34 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,665
kingfisher wrote:
Who will brink first?


US will attack Iran to move away from China. But big man Putin said he decides who wins a war in middle east. Trump will be in shit soon rather than later
Life is an endless adventure
KulaRaha
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:45:37 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,425
T-Bag wrote:
I never trust the XI to play fair, China will expand retaliation outside tariffs towards US companies based in china and US treasuries, notes and bond held by China........

Buy Gold and enjoy the ride


If China sells UST how will they manage their fake currency?

China is at risk here.

https://www.cnbc.com/201...g-us-treasury-bonds.html
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
freiks
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:22:58 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,665
KulaRaha wrote:
[quote=T-Bag]I never trust the XI to play fair, China will expand retaliation outside tariffs towards US companies based in china and US treasuries, notes and bond held by China........

Buy Gold and enjoy the ride


If China sells UST how will they manage their fake currency?

China is at risk here.

https://www.cnbc.com/201...-us-treasury-bonds.html[/quote]

Western Media propaganda, if it escalates China just needs to offload the dollars its holding as reserves and the dollar will come down crushing like 737 Max. Trump is just a bully who thinks can do what he wants in the world as he did to his fellow amerucans
Life is an endless adventure
AlphDoti
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:43:10 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2008
Posts: 5,966
Location: Kenya
freiks wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
I never trust the XI to play fair, China will expand retaliation outside tariffs towards US companies based in china and US treasuries, notes and bond held by China........

Buy Gold and enjoy the ride

If China sells UST how will they manage their fake currency?

China is at risk here.

https://www.cnbc.com/201...-us-treasury-bonds.html

Western Media propaganda, if it escalates China just needs to offload the dollars its holding as reserves and the dollar will come down crushing like 737 Max. Trump is just a bully who thinks can do what he wants in the world as he did to his fellow amerucans

And Chingchongs are not stupid. Also, the Russians learnt their lessons from the USSR times, I do not expect them to repeat the same mistake twice. They trusted.

NOTE: I'm not saying I support who. Just analyzing the players.
T-Bag
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:50:32 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/25/2008
Posts: 411
"No civilization is superior over others. The thought that one's own race and civilization are superior and the inclination to remold or replace other civilizations are just stupid,to do so would invite "catastrophic consequences." XI JINPING
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
tycho
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 4:58:48 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,476
Location: Nairobi
No power wishes to lose its status and China has been viewed by America as a threat for long. Besides, a powerful China is a detterent to other plans that the US may have. It is therefore imperative that they should be weakened.

What Trump is saying maybe for the masses but real intentions may be that US is just realigning itself strategically.
Angelica _ann
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:41:38 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,567
This is a bluff, Trump thinks China will be bullied into submission, no!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
AlphDoti
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:58:47 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2008
Posts: 5,966
Location: Kenya
tycho wrote:
No power wishes to lose its status and China has been viewed by America as a threat for long. Besides, a powerful China is a detterent to other plans that the US may have. It is therefore imperative that they should be weakened.

What Trump is saying maybe for the masses but real intentions may be that US is just realigning itself strategically.

Does weaken means others remain where they are? For me, I would rather say, others to rise up: China, Russia etc. Putin himself said: there is need for balance of power in the world to tame the bully. And this is developing slowly... We're headed for the big stand-off.
tycho
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:10:50 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,476
Location: Nairobi
AlphDoti wrote:
tycho wrote:
No power wishes to lose its status and China has been viewed by America as a threat for long. Besides, a powerful China is a detterent to other plans that the US may have. It is therefore imperative that they should be weakened.

What Trump is saying maybe for the masses but real intentions may be that US is just realigning itself strategically.

Does weaken means others remain where they are? For me, I would rather say, others to rise up: China, Russia etc. Putin himself said: there is need for balance of power in the world to tame the bully. And this is developing slowly... We're headed for the big stand-off.


The correct and basic model for politics is the chess board. Strategy is exclusive yet if the mandate of heaven is adhered to by both players a win-win situation is possible.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:23:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/23/2008
Posts: 3,007
This is just pure wivu on the part of the US, they refuse to change with the time and adopt new technology and ways of doing things. The systems that made them the dominant economy in the 20th Century are now obsolete, but instead of innovating, they cling to the old way of doing things.

For along time their businesses allowed China to steal their tech because they were making huge profits in that market, and now that China has learnt or improved on what they stole and no longer wants them, they are crying unfair trade practices.

China has 4 times the US population so should atleast have 4 times their GDP for the citizens to be at par yet China is probably currently at 60-70% of US GDP, yet the US feels threatened and would rather the Chinese don't enjoy similar lifestyle.

And by the way the US manufacturing jobs were not lost to China but to automation in the US. The US may currently have less manufacturing jobs but its manufacturing output is still highest it has ever been. And the main reason for shipping most of their jobs overseas is the opposition by Trade Unions and politicians to automation
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Nandwa
#13 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 9:23:06 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 1,020
Recently, there has been news that China is putting Muslims in some sort of concentration camps.
How true!
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
tycho
#14 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 12:03:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/1/2011
Posts: 8,476
Location: Nairobi
Why does the US seem to be eager to start wars on so many different fronts?

It's like the kicks of a dying horse. Little wonder Trump won the elections!
AlphDoti
#15 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 12:29:19 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2008
Posts: 5,966
Location: Kenya
Nandwa wrote:
Recently, there has been news that China is putting Muslims in some sort of concentration camps.
How true!

@nandwa, It is true. Early this year, when these reports arrived, I called a Chinese Muslim I met in Guangzhou China many years ago. I asked him about Muslim situation in China. He confirmed the mistreatment and religious persecution.

He says the law applies to all religions! Both Christians and Muslims affected. It is true govt have put new rules on religions.

He told me, the govt does not want people to believe in God. It has banned religious symbols, e.g. crescent, crosses, minaret etc etc. So rule says: remove all symbols from building otherwise we demolish! Now all Chinese mosques and churches should raise the national flag to “promote a spirit of patriotism” among religious people.
Nandwa
#16 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 5:15:49 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/17/2009
Posts: 1,020
AlphDoti wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
Recently, there has been news that China is putting Muslims in some sort of concentration camps.
How true!

@nandwa, It is true. Early this year, when these reports arrived, I called a Chinese Muslim I met in Guangzhou China many years ago. I asked him about Muslim situation in China. He confirmed the mistreatment and religious persecution.

He says the law applies to all religions! Both Christians and Muslims affected. It is true govt have put new rules on religions.

He told me, the govt does not want people to believe in God. It has banned religious symbols, e.g. crescent, crosses, minaret etc etc. So rule says: remove all symbols from building otherwise we demolish! Now all Chinese mosques and churches should raise the national flag to “promote a spirit of patriotism” among religious people.


I see.

Guess then there are other such concentration camps for Christians too ama?
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
thuks
#17 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 8:43:03 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 10/8/2008
Posts: 1,488
Nandwa wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
Recently, there has been news that China is putting Muslims in some sort of concentration camps.
How true!

@nandwa, It is true. Early this year, when these reports arrived, I called a Chinese Muslim I met in Guangzhou China many years ago. I asked him about Muslim situation in China. He confirmed the mistreatment and religious persecution.

He says the law applies to all religions! Both Christians and Muslims affected. It is true govt have put new rules on religions.

He told me, the govt does not want people to believe in God. It has banned religious symbols, e.g. crescent, crosses, minaret etc etc. So rule says: remove all symbols from building otherwise we demolish! Now all Chinese mosques and churches should raise the national flag to “promote a spirit of patriotism” among religious people.


I see.

Guess then there are other such concentration camps for Christians too ama?

I read somewhere that they are re-education camps'
I care!
alma1
#18 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 9:18:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 2,444
Location: hapo
Nandwa wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
Recently, there has been news that China is putting Muslims in some sort of concentration camps.
How true!

@nandwa, It is true. Early this year, when these reports arrived, I called a Chinese Muslim I met in Guangzhou China many years ago. I asked him about Muslim situation in China. He confirmed the mistreatment and religious persecution.

He says the law applies to all religions! Both Christians and Muslims affected. It is true govt have put new rules on religions.

He told me, the govt does not want people to believe in God. It has banned religious symbols, e.g. crescent, crosses, minaret etc etc. So rule says: remove all symbols from building otherwise we demolish! Now all Chinese mosques and churches should raise the national flag to “promote a spirit of patriotism” among religious people.


I see.

Guess then there are other such concentration camps for Christians too ama?


Just go f*** a Chinese chick who's not a langa and then tell us how it goes.

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?
2012
#19 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 8:36:10 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 6,409
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
This is a bluff, Trump thinks China will be bullied into submission, no!!!


This war is affecting the US more than China. Here are a few facts:

US is the largest exporter of Soy to China.

Chinese affordable products make up the biggest inventory in US supermarkets.

Chinese manufacture for majority of American companies with their cheap labour due to high technical government training. Just try watching Shark Tank.

Huawei is the largest technology company in the world and most of their technology is supplied to them by Silicon Valley, American firms. Huawei is also the second largest smart phone manufacturer with over 30 million phones sold this year so far and they all run on America's, Google owned Android system.

Other Chinese phone manufacturers eg Tecno, Oppo, Infinix, Xiaomi etc all use Android system outside China.

China is Apple biggest foreign consumer and and can't afford to lose it....

Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground. Rosa Parks
T-Bag
#20 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 1:08:44 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/25/2008
Posts: 411
Based on the below alone China should be affected more
"The U.S. imported a record $539.5 billion in goods from China in 2018. The U.S. is a net importer from China in most market segments such as consumer electronics, apparel, furniture and industrial supplies. The one major exception: agriculture.

By contrast, the U.S. shipped a much smaller $120.3 billion in goods to China last year, Census trade figures showed"

Thus US makes more on the tariff biachara
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
Users browsing this topic
Guest
8 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.