Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Club SK
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Ken Binyavanga Wainaina [11]
Somalia in the 1980s - before collapse and alshaba... [4]
Is Semenya a Man or is He a Woman? [98]
Cytonn could be liable for Money Laundry? [4]
Corruption - Swazuri arrested [17]
HIV Cure now in sight [97]
I leave this here [2]
US - China tariffs war [103]
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery... [44]
What has your governor done for you? [657]
Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Kenya - Contac... [6]
Huduma Namba Je Una yako? [156]
Affordable Housing by Government of Kenya [126]
Meeting the devil [3]
Ban on used moter vehicle parts [30]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Kiambu County Accounts!!
murchr
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 3:54:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,396
freiks wrote:
murchr wrote:
I think the Auditor General is at fault here. The Kakamega and Kitui accounts have that South Sudan and Statehouse functions allocations in their audit reports yet they did not have them on their budgets


I think Sonko was right when he said some guys tried to blackmail him so that they write a good report. This auditor report could be one big scam of our lifetime


Even Madame Kirinyaga got that Phantom "state house affairs" allocation. Something is a miss here.

Quote:
A review of the statements of eight counties for financial year 2017-18 had suggested some devolved units had set aside funds for functions beyond their purview.They were Kitui, Kakamega, Garissa, Kirinyaga, Kwale, Lamu, Nyamira, and Samburu.

They allegedly made allocations for State House Affairs (Ifmis code 704000000) and Government Advisory Services (703000000).
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
murchr
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 4:09:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,396
Lolest! wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:


The gloves are off. Kuanikana, kuanikana.


Katambe katambe. Kamanda leta counter



"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Lolest!
#43 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 4:00:03 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,441
Location: Kianjokoma
Kwisha maneno
Quote:
The National Treasury has vindicated Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu on the ‘abnormal expenditures’ in the county.

There might have been a mix-up in budget, revenue and expenditure reporting, Treasury said on Monday


But why isn't the IFMIS department closing this? County accountants should only see county based lines. Oracle is a very robust, flexible system
Quote:
She explained that the system is designed with budget codes which create standard chart of accounts for both national and county governments.

“The current standard chart of accounts was designed for national government and hence majority of the existing budget codes are national government aligned.

COMPLIANCE

“It is therefore possible that at the entry level some counties failed to describe their programmes and sub- programmes, hence during expenditure reporting the Ifmis would pick the mother programme code aligned to the national government creating an impression that the counties implemented national government programmes,” she explained.

https://mobile.nation.co...tem-1-n1io2hz/index.html
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Sansa
#44 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 6:12:57 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/19/2013
Posts: 304
Okey so if they entered the wrong code in IFMIS, shouldn't they then come tell us what their intended code was and how they used the money if the money was withdrawn from their accounts?
Angelica _ann
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 6:28:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,347
Sansa wrote:
Okey so if they entered the wrong code in IFMIS, shouldn't they then come tell us what their intended code was and how they used the money if the money was withdrawn from their accounts?


This confusion is what supports their eating. Now who will be believing the Budget office, Auditor General and IFMIS in future. Poleni!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Sansa
#46 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 6:33:39 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/19/2013
Posts: 304
Angelica _ann wrote:
Sansa wrote:
Okey so if they entered the wrong code in IFMIS, shouldn't they then come tell us what their intended code was and how they used the money if the money was withdrawn from their accounts?


This confusion is what supports their eating. Now who will be believing the Budget office, Auditor General and IFMIS in future. Poleni!!!


Right!!! This is just a new way of bamboozling us.

limanika
#47 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 7:32:13 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 1,912
[quote=Lolest!]Kwisha maneno
Quote:
The National Treasury has vindicated Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu on the ‘abnormal expenditures’ in the county.

There might have been a mix-up in budget, revenue and expenditure reporting, Treasury said on Monday


But why isn't the IFMIS department closing this? County accountants should only see county based lines. Oracle is a very robust, flexible system
Quote:
She explained that the system is designed with budget codes which create standard chart of accounts for both national and county governments.

“The current standard chart of accounts was designed for national government and hence majority of the existing budget codes are national government aligned.

COMPLIANCE

“It is therefore possible that at the entry level some counties failed to describe their programmes and sub- programmes, hence during expenditure reporting the Ifmis would pick the mother programme code aligned to the national government creating an impression that the counties implemented national government programmes,” she explained.

https://mobile.nation.co...em-1-n1io2hz/index.html[/quote]
I thought division of functions between county govt and national govt is very clear. How can mother code be for national govt function but sub program code under it fall under county govt? And I thought it is very basic accounting to make entries for expenses correctly on ifmis. Either someone is hiding something, and/or ethics is a non issue in accounting profession
Thitifini
#48 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 9:31:20 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2015
Posts: 535
Location: Kenya
limanika wrote:
[quote=Lolest!]Kwisha maneno
Quote:
The National Treasury has vindicated Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu on the ‘abnormal expenditures’ in the county.

There might have been a mix-up in budget, revenue and expenditure reporting, Treasury said on Monday


But why isn't the IFMIS department closing this? County accountants should only see county based lines. Oracle is a very robust, flexible system
Quote:
She explained that the system is designed with budget codes which create standard chart of accounts for both national and county governments.

“The current standard chart of accounts was designed for national government and hence majority of the existing budget codes are national government aligned.

COMPLIANCE

“It is therefore possible that at the entry level some counties failed to describe their programmes and sub- programmes, hence during expenditure reporting the Ifmis would pick the mother programme code aligned to the national government creating an impression that the counties implemented national government programmes,” she explained.

https://mobile.nation.co...em-1-n1io2hz/index.html[/quote]
I thought division of functions between county govt and national govt is very clear. How can mother code be for national govt function but sub program code under it fall under county govt? And I thought it is very basic accounting to make entries for expenses correctly on ifmis. Either someone is hiding something, and/or ethics is a non issue in accounting profession


The ifmis this is very complicated even for those seasoned government accountants, leave alone the newbie county guys.

As I wrote, this thing stinks but not from Waititu's corner.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
murchr
#49 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 9:36:19 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,396
Thitifini wrote:
limanika wrote:
[quote=Lolest!]Kwisha maneno
Quote:
The National Treasury has vindicated Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu on the ‘abnormal expenditures’ in the county.

There might have been a mix-up in budget, revenue and expenditure reporting, Treasury said on Monday


But why isn't the IFMIS department closing this? County accountants should only see county based lines. Oracle is a very robust, flexible system
Quote:
She explained that the system is designed with budget codes which create standard chart of accounts for both national and county governments.

“The current standard chart of accounts was designed for national government and hence majority of the existing budget codes are national government aligned.

COMPLIANCE

“It is therefore possible that at the entry level some counties failed to describe their programmes and sub- programmes, hence during expenditure reporting the Ifmis would pick the mother programme code aligned to the national government creating an impression that the counties implemented national government programmes,” she explained.

https://mobile.nation.co...em-1-n1io2hz/index.html[/quote]
I thought division of functions between county govt and national govt is very clear. How can mother code be for national govt function but sub program code under it fall under county govt? And I thought it is very basic accounting to make entries for expenses correctly on ifmis. Either someone is hiding something, and/or ethics is a non issue in accounting profession


The ifmis this is very complicated even for those seasoned government accountants, leave alone the newbie county guys.

As I wrote, this thing stinks but not from Waititu's corner.


Could be people from treasury siphoning funds and stuffing factitious item codes. This whole thing needs to be audited. And investigations carried out....nothing like careless mistakes
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
murchr
#50 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:11:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,396
Waititi deserves an apology.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Angelica _ann
#51 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:10:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,347
murchr wrote:
Waititi deserves an apology.



This one i was with Waititu, he looked genuinely surprised at the budget lines.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Lolest!
#52 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:11:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,441
Location: Kianjokoma
murchr wrote:
Waititi deserves an apology.


sure. We can't wait to lynch some people though.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kaka2za
#53 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:11:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/3/2008
Posts: 3,435
Location: Gwitu
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Waititi deserves an apology.



This one i was with Waititu, he looked genuinely surprised at the budget lines.


The issue was a diversion from the real issue namely; the kaa sober Militia funding scam
madhaquer
#54 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:15:11 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/10/2010
Posts: 214
Location: Nairobi
Now that the accounts have been cleared, any possible anomalies are written off.
Rollins
#55 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 11:01:23 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/23/2011
Posts: 486
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Waititi deserves an apology.



This one i was with Waititu, he looked genuinely surprised at the budget lines.


The issue was a diversion from the real issue namely; the kaa sober Militia funding scam

I am glad there are people who can see through the smokescreen.
Even a BrOKeN clock is right twice a day
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.