Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Market
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Sony Gadgets [4]
HELP. Building a maisonette in phases [15]
tape lift [2]
Efficient and Affordable Clearing agent at Msa Por... [7]
100% solar powered maisonette possible? [47]
Olymp Trade's trading terms [9]
1/4 plot for sale in Katani next to the road [1]
Cost of architectural plans in Kenya [24]
A guide to imporing cars from Japan [323]
Ubapesa [101]
Looking for a Puppy. [17]
shylock [11]
Car hire in Nairobi [18]
Nairobi County Parking Rates [2]
Easy and Fast Shipping of goods from U.S.A to Keny... [5]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
100% solar powered maisonette possible?
chiaroscuro
#41 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 11:39:05 AM

jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
I once did some calculations for a 310SQM house fully on solar. Average monthly use 300-400KWh. Costa came to appx 800-1.2m for full off-grid (guided by Mr. Google). Repayment period 13-15yrs.

Will try to recalculate again to post here for the gurus to critique.

Now, on the borehole, planning a 150m and a friend in that biz tells me that solar pumps don't work those depths in Nbi and environs due to I don't know what (sure enoung I've never seen a solar powerwd borehole except in lower&north eastern). Can't back that up with facts, you know how engineers talk "I tell you it will not work. Lakini nitakuwekea uki-insistSad"

That is quite a bit of usage bro, Kwani that house has a secret factory in the garage? I would however gladly invest that amount on a 100% off the grid solar system, especially if the land is in the middle of nowhere in the dustbowl. It pays for itself many times over in terms of convenience and returns from irrigation.

300kWh - 400kWh is my typical monthly consumption in 3BR apartment - 6 people in the household....kila mtu anakunyua 50kWh....

That's very high consumption do you have commercial appliances or what?

@jamplu: how many units do you consume per month and how many people are in your house?

I have the usual stuff... TV, microwave, baking oven [use about 2 time a month] fridge, instant hot showers, music system (400W consumption; 60W output - this one runs every time the TV is on so both of them combined drink 500W!), lights (mostly LEDs) etc
jamplu
#42 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:46:04 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
I once did some calculations for a 310SQM house fully on solar. Average monthly use 300-400KWh. Costa came to appx 800-1.2m for full off-grid (guided by Mr. Google). Repayment period 13-15yrs.

Now, on the borehole, planning a 150m and a friend in that biz tells me that solar pumps don't work those depths in Nbi and environs due to I don't know what (sure enoung I've never seen a solar powerwd borehole except in lower&north eastern). Can't back that up with facts, you know how engineers talk "I tell you it will not work. Lakini nitakuwekea uki-insistSad"

That is quite a bit of usage bro, Kwani that house has a secret factory in the garage? I would however gladly invest that amount on a 100% off the grid solar system, especially if the land is in the middle of nowhere in the dustbowl. It pays for itself many times over in terms of convenience and returns from irrigation.

300kWh - 400kWh is my typical monthly consumption in 3BR apartment - 6 people in the household....kila mtu anakunyua 50kWh....

@jamplu: how many units do you consume per month and how many people are in your house?

I have the usual stuff... TV, microwave, baking oven [use about 2 time a month] fridge, instant hot showers, music system (400W consumption; 60W output - this one runs every time the TV is on so both of them combined drink 500W!), lights (mostly LEDs) etc

Ranges between 160 - 180 Kwh in a month
jamplu
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:47:36 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Thitifini wrote:

chiaroscuro
#44 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 8:48:17 AM

jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Thitifini wrote:

How many people live in your house?
Also; mine is 3br; what about yours?
Thitifini
#45 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 12:45:07 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Thitifini wrote:

You see, when you start living in a mansion(smile smile smile ), there are other things that consume electricity - lawn mowing, lawn irrigation, flood lights for outdoor sitings, you get to use multiple AV equipments....etc......

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
jamplu
#46 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 2:01:15 PM

Thitifini wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Thitifini wrote:

You see, when you start living in a mansion(smile smile smile ), there are other things that consume electricity - lawn mowing, lawn irrigation, flood lights for outdoor sitings, you get to use multiple AV equipments....etc......

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly even with all those doesn't hit over 180. but one thing i intentionally do is ensure i know the rating on any appliance i buy then hakuna maneno ya instant showers. Installing a solar water heater is cheaper than paying for the extra kwh's. Even for security flood lights solar setup would be the way to go.

chiaroscuro
#47 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:27:03 PM

jamplu wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
jamplu wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Thitifini wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly even with all those doesn't hit over 180. but one thing i intentionally do is ensure i know the rating on any appliance i buy then hakuna maneno ya instant showers. Installing a solar water heater is cheaper than paying for the extra kwh's. Even for security flood lights solar setup would be the way to go.

You still haven't answered: how many people live in your house?

This is a major factor on power consumption.