Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Apr 25, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Jubilee Insurance FY 2018.....Anyone ? [10]
Flame Tree Group FY18 [9]
TPS EAST AFRICA FULL YEAR 2018 [2]
Buy driver's license (https://www.fastdocuments.ne... [3]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [12223]
KCB and NBK material announcement [45]
My Picks for 2019 [44]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [225]
Centum HY 2018/2019 [37]
US - China Trade war [21]
What new taxes are coming soon? [6]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1030]
Network Providers [19]
Kenya might adopt Yuan as reserve currency [2]
COOP Bank FY18 [21]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<505152
ARM HY2017
Angelica _ann
#1021 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2019 11:49:58 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,257
Fyatu wrote:
Our noble teachers have been burnt to recognition for their dalliance with Merali...this investment business is not for the faint hearted


LINK



This was a bad deal from initiation, wadosi wa sacco were given their share and moved on. One even eat, collapsed and died huko mombasani airport. Greed.

Am yet to understand why CBK sanctioned this deal, at least the guys at SASRA voiced their concerns and were overruled by our courts - now they have been exonerated.

Anyway to each their own.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#1022 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2019 12:02:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,380
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Our noble teachers have been burnt to recognition for their dalliance with Merali...this investment business is not for the faint hearted


LINK



This was a bad deal from initiation, wadosi wa sacco were given their share and moved on. One even eat, collapsed and died huko mombasani airport. Greed.

Am yet to understand why CBK sanctioned this deal, at least the guys at SASRA voiced their concerns and were overruled by our courts - now they have been exonerated.

Anyway to each their own.

This is Kenya
VituVingiSana
#1023 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2019 2:11:58 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,436
Location: Nairobi
Fyatu wrote:
Our noble teachers have been burnt to recognition for their dalliance with Merali...this investment business is not for the faint hearted


LINK

The teachers needed a lesson on electing people who care. The leadership sold them out. When I first read about the deal, I Brick wall
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#1024 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2019 4:18:54 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,380
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Our noble teachers have been burnt to recognition for their dalliance with Merali...this investment business is not for the faint hearted


LINK

The teachers needed a lesson on electing people who care. The leadership sold them out. When I first read about the deal, I Brick wall


Same as the electorate.
VituVingiSana
#1025 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:56:14 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,436
Location: Nairobi
If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...064028-h0llbm/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1026 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:06:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,185
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html

Keep your hopes very low. 'Fully provisioned' and you still follow up on a dead monkey? You expect it to open an eye? https://www.businessdail...064028-h0llbm/index.html
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 96,100
Ebenyo
#1027 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:17:28 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,531
Location: Kitale
obiero wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html

Keep your hopes very low. 'Fully provisioned' and you still follow up on a dead monkey? You expect it to open an eye? https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html[/quote]

.............................................................................................................

It's not yet dead.Should a suitable buyer be found and pay a good price,losses will be minimal.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#1028 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:26:16 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,436
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html

Keep your hopes very low. 'Fully provisioned' and you still follow up on a dead monkey? You expect it to open an eye? https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html

Yes. Simple. Accounting 201. I understand it may not be easy for an usher to grasp. Laughing out loudly

A provision is a contra-account. It reduces my net assets which flows through the P&L. It was accounted for as a loss in my P&L last year.

Like a bank, a provision does not mean it is written off as long as there is a chance of partial recovery. If there is no recovery, then my NAV will not reduce nor increase. If there is a recovery then the NAV increases.

If you know how to analyze a bank's Balance Sheet, go to the details where the NPLs are discussed.
Gross NPLS
less Interest In Suspense [not necessarily written off]
less Provisions [not necessarily written off]
Net NPLs [This is the number to worry about]
Collateral/Securities [This might not be worth what they say under FSV]
Net NPL Exposure [The number to really, really worry about]

Again, I empathize with you given your wipe-out in KQ.

2018 was a tough year given the paper losses except for gains in KK + dividends.

1Q had a net cash inflow from KK but the rest of 2019 doesn't look too promising but there are some decent (paper) gains from I&M.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
littledove
#1029 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:57:30 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 675
Location: sky
[quote=VituVingiSana]If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html[/quote]
The leadership of arm was very visionary, they have mining licences everywhere.
no wonder more than 30 international companies are fighting to acquire it despite heavy debts
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Fyatu
#1030 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:09:32 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,366
Location: Nakuru
VituVingiSana wrote:
If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html


the darkest hour is just before the dawn.....(annon)
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
VituVingiSana
#1031 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:20:25 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,436
Location: Nairobi
littledove wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html

The leadership of arm was very visionary, they have mining licences everywhere.
no wonder more than 30 international companies are fighting to acquire it despite heavy debts
Looking dire as time flies. A lesson on the pitfalls of rapid expansion using lots of debt.
In 2019, I am sticking with firms with zero to low LTVs.
Centum remains a bit of a concern but the management said they want to reduce debt at the parent level. Will they dispose of an asset to generate cash?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#1032 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:22:44 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,380
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html

The leadership of arm was very visionary, they have mining licences everywhere.
no wonder more than 30 international companies are fighting to acquire it despite heavy debts
Looking dire as time flies. A lesson on the pitfalls of rapid expansion using lots of debt.
In 2019, I am sticking with firms with zero to low LTVs.
Centum remains a bit of a concern but the management said they want to reduce debt at the parent level. Will they dispose of an asset to generate cash?

sh.24bn debt.
Angelica _ann
#1033 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 11:09:12 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,257
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html

The leadership of arm was very visionary, they have mining licences everywhere.
no wonder more than 30 international companies are fighting to acquire it despite heavy debts
Looking dire as time flies. A lesson on the pitfalls of rapid expansion using lots of debt.
In 2019, I am sticking with firms with zero to low LTVs.
Centum remains a bit of a concern but the management said they want to reduce debt at the parent level. Will they dispose of an asset to generate cash?

sh.24bn debt.


ARM ama Centum???
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#1034 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 11:48:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,380
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
If the sale of ARM isn't finalized soon, it will only get worse.
Whereas, I do not expect anything from the rescue of ARM but it seems the creditors will also take a significant hit with the delay.

https://www.businessdail...64028-h0llbm/index.html

The leadership of arm was very visionary, they have mining licences everywhere.
no wonder more than 30 international companies are fighting to acquire it despite heavy debts
Looking dire as time flies. A lesson on the pitfalls of rapid expansion using lots of debt.
In 2019, I am sticking with firms with zero to low LTVs.
Centum remains a bit of a concern but the management said they want to reduce debt at the parent level. Will they dispose of an asset to generate cash?

sh.24bn debt.


ARM ama Centum???

Centum
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
52 Pages«<505152
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.