Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Thursday, Apr 25, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
KCB 2018 and Beyond [224]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1030]
Network Providers [19]
What new taxes are coming soon? [5]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [12214]
Kenya might adopt Yuan as reserve currency [2]
COOP Bank FY18 [21]
Portfolio Balancing: Avoid Over Exposure To Financ... [299]
East African Community [21]
Centum HY 2018/2019 [35]
KCB and NBK material announcement [43]
Capital gains tax to be increased from 5% to 20% [19]
Flame Tree Group HY18 [30]
Safaricom HY 2018/2019 [196]
Low End Housing: High Risk, High Return [318]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Barclays - 2018 and beyond
obiero
#41 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:07:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,181
Location: nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
GROUP PROFIT BEFORE TAX & EXCEPTIONAL ITEMS FOR PERIOD ENDED SEPT. 30 2018 WAS 7.72 BILLION SHILLINGS VERSUS 7.71 BILLION SHILLINGS.

Any link to the actual results? That spike in NPLs is worth a look considering BBK has never been an aggressive bank even before the rate caps.

Ask and you shall receive

COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 96,100
obiero
#42 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:38:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,181
Location: nairobi
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 96,100
Ericsson
#43 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:42:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,375
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
GROUP PROFIT BEFORE TAX & EXCEPTIONAL ITEMS FOR PERIOD ENDED SEPT. 30 2018 WAS 7.72 BILLION SHILLINGS VERSUS 7.71 BILLION SHILLINGS.

Any link to the actual results? That spike in NPLs is worth a look considering BBK has never been an aggressive bank even before the rate caps.

Ask and you shall receive



Additional link;https://www.nse.co.ke/listed-companies/company-announcements.html

lochaz-index
#44 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:59:46 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 936
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
GROUP PROFIT BEFORE TAX & EXCEPTIONAL ITEMS FOR PERIOD ENDED SEPT. 30 2018 WAS 7.72 BILLION SHILLINGS VERSUS 7.71 BILLION SHILLINGS.

Any link to the actual results? That spike in NPLs is worth a look considering BBK has never been an aggressive bank even before the rate caps.

Ask and you shall receive



Additional link;https://www.nse.co.ke/listed-companies/company-announcements.html


Thanks.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Ericsson
#45 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:16:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,375
Location: NAIROBI
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered
obiero
#46 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:27:10 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,181
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered

A major national event happened in the same year and they didn't grasp it's impact. 27.08.2010 to be precise
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 96,100
Ericsson
#47 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:43:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,375
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered

A major national event happened in the same year and they didn't grasp it's impact. 27.08.2010 to be precise

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
sparkly
#48 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 8:19:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,781
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered


Problems started in late 90s/ early 00s when they:

1. Recalled loans on many businesses;
2. Closed branches;
3. Retrenched staff;
4. Invested deposits in Government Securities;
5. Increased minimum balances for all accounts;
6. Imposed monthly ledger fees on savings accounts;

They chased away retail clients, Small, Micro and Medium Entreprises. The local banks stepped in. When they tried to win back the people they chased away, it was too late.

Life is short. Live passionately.
tom_boy
#49 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 8:26:12 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2007
Posts: 667
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered


Problems started in late 90s/ early 00s when they:

1. Recalled loans on many businesses;
2. Closed branches;
3. Retrenched staff;
4. Invested deposits in Government Securities;
5. Increased minimum balances for all accounts;
6. Imposed monthly ledger fees on savings accounts;

They chased away retail clients, Small, Micro and Medium Entreprises. The local banks stepped in. When they tried to win back the people they chased away, it was too late.



True dat. I am one of those guys they chased away.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Ericsson
#50 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 9:21:21 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,375
Location: NAIROBI
tom_boy wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered


Problems started in late 90s/ early 00s when they:

1. Recalled loans on many businesses;
2. Closed branches;
3. Retrenched staff;
4. Invested deposits in Government Securities;
5. Increased minimum balances for all accounts;
6. Imposed monthly ledger fees on savings accounts;

They chased away retail clients, Small, Micro and Medium Entreprises. The local banks stepped in. When they tried to win back the people they chased away, it was too late.



True dat. I am one of those guys they chased away.

And you are still a boy till today
obiero
#51 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 10:16:15 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,181
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered


Problems started in late 90s/ early 00s when they:

1. Recalled loans on many businesses;
2. Closed branches;
3. Retrenched staff;
4. Invested deposits in Government Securities;
5. Increased minimum balances for all accounts;
6. Imposed monthly ledger fees on savings accounts;

They chased away retail clients, Small, Micro and Medium Entreprises. The local banks stepped in. When they tried to win back the people they chased away, it was too late.



True dat. I am one of those guys they chased away.

And you are still a boy till today

@Ericsson you are out of order
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 96,100
Ericsson
#52 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 10:19:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,375
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered


Problems started in late 90s/ early 00s when they:

1. Recalled loans on many businesses;
2. Closed branches;
3. Retrenched staff;
4. Invested deposits in Government Securities;
5. Increased minimum balances for all accounts;
6. Imposed monthly ledger fees on savings accounts;

They chased away retail clients, Small, Micro and Medium Entreprises. The local banks stepped in. When they tried to win back the people they chased away, it was too late.



True dat. I am one of those guys they chased away.

And you are still a boy till today

@Ericsson you are out of order

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Ericsson
#53 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 10:21:06 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,375
Location: NAIROBI
Share price is following the mood of the results
sparkly
#54 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 10:23:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,781
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered


Problems started in late 90s/ early 00s when they:

1. Recalled loans on many businesses;
2. Closed branches;
3. Retrenched staff;
4. Invested deposits in Government Securities;
5. Increased minimum balances for all accounts;
6. Imposed monthly ledger fees on savings accounts;

They chased away retail clients, Small, Micro and Medium Entreprises. The local banks stepped in. When they tried to win back the people they chased away, it was too late.



True dat. I am one of those guys they chased away.

And you are still a boy till today

@Ericsson you are out of order

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly


Oh boy Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#55 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 8:17:55 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 11,181
Location: nairobi
Compare and contrast the NPL positions
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,700; KQ 96,100
mlennyma
#56 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 1:32:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,920
Location: nairobi
Very strong share trading activity today,is it because of the usually good dividend?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#57 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 2:43:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 6,375
Location: NAIROBI
mlennyma wrote:
Very strong share trading activity today,is it because of the usually good dividend?


A major investor making a good harvest
Kenyan Oracle
#58 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 3:39:14 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 139
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
When did the rains hit this bank.The highest profit they ever made was in FY 2010 and that is the year they paid highest dividend.
Till today they have never recovered


Problems started in late 90s/ early 00s when they:

1. Recalled loans on many businesses;
2. Closed branches;
3. Retrenched staff;
4. Invested deposits in Government Securities;
5. Increased minimum balances for all accounts;
6. Imposed monthly ledger fees on savings accounts;

They chased away retail clients, Small, Micro and Medium Entreprises. The local banks stepped in. When they tried to win back the people they chased away, it was too late.



You are looking at one of them chased guys and since then I despised BBK both as a bank as an investment.
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.