Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Dec 17, 2018
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1112]
Britam 2018 [14]
Vertical vs Horizontal ..Flats vs one storey units [1]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [11535]
411 on dividend and AGM [597]
Kevian/Afia Juice IPO [17]
Kenya Economy Watch [1981]
Tap Sale IFB 1/2018/20 [4]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [212]
Now Imperial Bank under receivership for 12 months [318]
Safaricom HY 2018/2019 [95]
Why dustbowl is the future [16]
Goodbye Dear Friends in Wazua from NSE, Kenya [47]
KENGEN FY18 [64]
Konza City - is it a good investment [85]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

ARM Cement HY18
Pesa Nane
#1 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 5:44:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c
Sad Sad

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#2 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 5:51:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#3 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 5:56:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c
'Clarification' 1 of 3

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#4 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 5:58:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c
'Clarification' 2 of 3

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#5 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:00:19 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c
'Clarification' 3 of 3

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
drogon
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 3:57:11 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 11/28/2018
Posts: 13
Location: Nairobi
LINK

Oman’s Raysut Cement said on Tuesday it plans to acquire Kenya’s ARM Cement, which went into administration in August, as part of its expansion plans.

Raysut has expressed its interest to the administrators to acquire the company, it said in a statement.
“The acquisition will complement Raysut’s revised strategy to manufacture clinker in proximity to the markets it supplies to in East Africa,” Raysut said in the statement, adding that the acquisition was estimated to be worth more than $100 million.

Raysut Cement is currently setting up a grinding unit in Somaliland and Mogadishu, Somalia with a Dubai-based partner. The company is also in advanced discussions to acquire cement producers in Uganda and Djibouti.

ARM Cement, once Kenya’s second-largest cement maker, owes about $190 million to a range of creditors, including local commercial banks. ARM’s creditors in October approved the sale of some assets to cut debt.
drogon
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 4:03:02 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 11/28/2018
Posts: 13
Location: Nairobi
Oman's Raysut-Cement-eyes-acquiring-ARM

The buy transaction worth KES 10B
Angelica _ann
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 4:08:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,709
Hii ilizama and i moved on to t/bills smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 5:14:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
drogon wrote:
Oman's Raysut-Cement-eyes-acquiring-ARM

The buy transaction worth KES 10B


Hapa shareholders will get nothing
littledove
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 5:22:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 642
Location: sky
Ericsson wrote:
drogon wrote:
Oman's Raysut-Cement-eyes-acquiring-ARM

The buy transaction worth KES 10B


Hapa shareholders will get nothing

means they are just buying debt? jokers
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Angelica _ann
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 5:39:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,709
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
drogon wrote:
Oman's Raysut-Cement-eyes-acquiring-ARM

The buy transaction worth KES 10B


Hapa shareholders will get nothing

means they are just buying debt? jokers


Who are the jokers?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ebenyo
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 6:44:28 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,431
Location: Kitale
drogon wrote:
LINK

Oman’s Raysut Cement said on Tuesday it plans to acquire Kenya’s ARM Cement, which went into administration in August, as part of its expansion plans.

Raysut has expressed its interest to the administrators to acquire the company, it said in a statement.
“The acquisition will complement Raysut’s revised strategy to manufacture clinker in proximity to the markets it supplies to in East Africa,” Raysut said in the statement, adding that the acquisition was estimated to be worth more than $100 million.

Raysut Cement is currently setting up a grinding unit in Somaliland and Mogadishu, Somalia with a Dubai-based partner. The company is also in advanced discussions to acquire cement producers in Uganda and Djibouti.

ARM Cement, once Kenya’s second-largest cement maker, owes about $190 million to a range of creditors, including local commercial banks. ARM’s creditors in October approved the sale of some assets to cut debt.



The competition will be between dangote and raysut.Lets wait and see who will take over ARM
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:05:28 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,061
Location: Nairobi
Too much brouhaha over this.

$190mn (& growing) in debt
$100mn for 70% leaving 959mn shares with 30%.

If most of the $100mn goes towards paying down bank debt and other liabilities eg NSSF, NHIF, etc then what's left will be used to boost working capital and pay interest.

Perhaps there may be a Debt:Equity Conversion like Uchumi and KQ so banks will end up as significant shareholders.

The good news is that even a diminished/diluted shareholding is better than getting nothing.
An example is KQ where "minority" shareholders ended up with some value vs a complete wipeout BUT with only 5% of the shareholding.

A 5-30% loaf is better than none.

Current shareholders will have little say given ARM is under administration whose loyalties are to the banks.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:10:48 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Too much brouhaha over this.

$190mn (& growing) in debt
$100mn for 70% leaving 959mn shares with 30%.

If most of the $100mn goes towards paying down bank debt and other liabilities eg NSSF, NHIF, etc then what's left will be used to boost working capital and pay interest.

Perhaps there may be a Debt:Equity Conversion like Uchumi and KQ so banks will end up as significant shareholders.

The good news is that even a diminished/diluted shareholding is better than getting nothing.
An example is KQ where "minority" shareholders ended up with some value vs a complete wipeout BUT with only 5% of the shareholding.

A 5-30% loaf is better than none.

Current shareholders will have little say given ARM is under administration whose loyalties are to the banks.

Leo umekuwa mhumble sana.. Kumbe personal losses can make someone this humble
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
littledove
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:14:02 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 642
Location: sky
Angelica _ann wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
drogon wrote:
Oman's Raysut-Cement-eyes-acquiring-ARM

The buy transaction worth KES 10B


Hapa shareholders will get nothing

means they are just buying debt? jokers


Who are the jokers?

The buyer, the bid covers only the debts, even if you are chasing a dog you at least give a bone
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Angelica _ann
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:19:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,709
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Too much brouhaha over this.

$190mn (& growing) in debt
$100mn for 70% leaving 959mn shares with 30%.

If most of the $100mn goes towards paying down bank debt and other liabilities eg NSSF, NHIF, etc then what's left will be used to boost working capital and pay interest.

Perhaps there may be a Debt:Equity Conversion like Uchumi and KQ so banks will end up as significant shareholders.

The good news is that even a diminished/diluted shareholding is better than getting nothing.
An example is KQ where "minority" shareholders ended up with some value vs a complete wipeout BUT with only 5% of the shareholding.

A 5-30% loaf is better than none.

Current shareholders will have little say given ARM is under administration whose loyalties are to the banks.

Leo umekuwa mhumble sana.. Kumbe personal losses can make someone this humble


Yawa Obiero Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:26:16 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,061
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Too much brouhaha over this.

$190mn (& growing) in debt
$100mn for 70% leaving 959mn shares with 30%.

If most of the $100mn goes towards paying down bank debt and other liabilities eg NSSF, NHIF, etc then what's left will be used to boost working capital and pay interest.

Perhaps there may be a Debt:Equity Conversion like Uchumi and KQ so banks will end up as significant shareholders.

The good news is that even a diminished/diluted shareholding is better than getting nothing.
An example is KQ where "minority" shareholders ended up with some value vs a complete wipeout BUT with only 5% of the shareholding.

A 5-30% loaf is better than none.

Current shareholders will have little say given ARM is under administration whose loyalties are to the banks.

Leo umekuwa mhumble sana.. Kumbe personal losses can make someone this humble
It's written off d'oh! so anything I get, even 5%, is a profit. I am NOT waiting eternally for an "Open Offer" unlike some Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I am waiting for Rubis to send me a RTGS Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:34:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Too much brouhaha over this.

$190mn (& growing) in debt
$100mn for 70% leaving 959mn shares with 30%.

If most of the $100mn goes towards paying down bank debt and other liabilities eg NSSF, NHIF, etc then what's left will be used to boost working capital and pay interest.

Perhaps there may be a Debt:Equity Conversion like Uchumi and KQ so banks will end up as significant shareholders.

The good news is that even a diminished/diluted shareholding is better than getting nothing.
An example is KQ where "minority" shareholders ended up with some value vs a complete wipeout BUT with only 5% of the shareholding.

A 5-30% loaf is better than none.

Current shareholders will have little say given ARM is under administration whose loyalties are to the banks.

Leo umekuwa mhumble sana.. Kumbe personal losses can make someone this humble
It's written off d'oh! so anything I get, even 5%, is a profit. I am NOT waiting eternally for an "Open Offer" unlike some Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I am waiting for Rubis to send me a RTGS Applause

Hata mimi nimeprovide for KQ.. Fully provisioned 😁😁
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
VituVingiSana
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 8:28:35 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,061
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Too much brouhaha over this.

$190mn (& growing) in debt
$100mn for 70% leaving 959mn shares with 30%.

If most of the $100mn goes towards paying down bank debt and other liabilities eg NSSF, NHIF, etc then what's left will be used to boost working capital and pay interest.

Perhaps there may be a Debt:Equity Conversion like Uchumi and KQ so banks will end up as significant shareholders.

The good news is that even a diminished/diluted shareholding is better than getting nothing.
An example is KQ where "minority" shareholders ended up with some value vs a complete wipeout BUT with only 5% of the shareholding.

A 5-30% loaf is better than none.

Current shareholders will have little say given ARM is under administration whose loyalties are to the banks.

Leo umekuwa mhumble sana.. Kumbe personal losses can make someone this humble
It's written off d'oh! so anything I get, even 5%, is a profit. I am NOT waiting eternally for an "Open Offer" unlike some Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I am waiting for Rubis to send me a RTGS Applause

Hata mimi nimeprovide for KQ.. Fully provisioned 😁😁
Applause Applause Applause Finally!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.