Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Dec 17, 2018
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1112]
Britam 2018 [14]
Vertical vs Horizontal ..Flats vs one storey units [1]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [11535]
411 on dividend and AGM [597]
Kevian/Afia Juice IPO [17]
Kenya Economy Watch [1981]
Tap Sale IFB 1/2018/20 [4]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [212]
Now Imperial Bank under receivership for 12 months [318]
Safaricom HY 2018/2019 [95]
Why dustbowl is the future [16]
Goodbye Dear Friends in Wazua from NSE, Kenya [47]
KENGEN FY18 [64]
Konza City - is it a good investment [85]

Forum Jump

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

13 Pages«<111213
Cytonn looks to list on GEMS
jmbada
#241 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 8:38:39 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I have resolved, as we go into 2019, not to tear down others' choices.
Except for @obiero & KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly coz that's just amusing.
I am OK discussing the pros and cons of any investment. I am seriously considering more Saf and Centum at current prices. Neither is risk-free but they represent value for me. I am open to other views/info that I may not have considered.

Some folks were deriding my choice of KK for various reasons.
Well, unless Rubis backs out... I am IN the money. I have attended every AGM for the past few years. I used to wait until the "lunch crowd" disappeared and then the serious group would have a discussion with the Management. It wasn't always pretty. At a price of 20/-, I have made a minimum of 15% (annualized) and it fits within my investment goals.

BTW, I don't really care if Rubis backs out either given I expect a future 15% Earnings Yield (at the 15/- level pre-Rubis). I do not mind owning a business that (on average) yielded me 15% compounded annually.

So whereas I do not believe in Cytonn at 60, it was a great investment for those who got in at 10/-. Which other investment could has provided a 500% return in 3 years?
[Not KK, not Unga, perhaps not even Saf]

@Horton doesn't have to prove anything to anyone just as I will not post my statements or the value of my holdings.

What is NOT "right" is pumping and dumping as some have done.

As long as @Horton doesn't ask you to buy Cytonn coz he is selling he is OK in my books.

@vvs...well put. @Horton, my apologies. My comments in the future on any investment of interest to me will be centred around objective analysis.
Horton
#242 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 8:13:14 AM

jmbada wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Except for @obiero & KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly coz that's just amusing.
I am OK discussing the pros and cons of any investment. I am seriously considering more Saf and Centum at current prices. Neither is risk-free but they represent value for me. I am open to other views/info that I may not have considered.

Well, unless Rubis backs out... I am IN the money. I have attended every AGM for the past few years. I used to wait until the "lunch crowd" disappeared and then the serious group would have a discussion with the Management. It wasn't always pretty. At a price of 20/-, I have made a minimum of 15% (annualized) and it fits within my investment goals.

BTW, I don't really care if Rubis backs out either given I expect a future 15% Earnings Yield (at the 15/- level pre-Rubis). I do not mind owning a business that (on average) yielded me 15% compounded annually.

So whereas I do not believe in Cytonn at 60, it was a great investment for those who got in at 10/-. Which other investment could has provided a 500% return in 3 years?

@Horton doesn't have to prove anything to anyone just as I will not post my statements or the value of my holdings.

As long as @Horton doesn't ask you to buy Cytonn coz he is selling he is OK in my books.

@vvs...well put. @Horton, my apologies. My comments in the future on any investment of interest to me will be centred around objective analysis.

πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
I own shares in KCB,CYTONN, BRK.B, Almasi Beverages and a few other private small businesses
obiero
#243 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 11:10:52 AM

Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

Mimi siwachi kupiga hii nyani. Siamini hao watu wa Cytonn management hata kidogo
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Horton
#244 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 11:18:27 AM

obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

Mimi siwachi kupiga hii nyani. Siamini hao watu wa Cytonn management hata kidogo

Ur very contradictory. On Twitter you Expressed interest in their projects. So why express interest from people you don’t trust?
I own shares in KCB,CYTONN, BRK.B, Almasi Beverages and a few other private small businesses
sparkly
#245 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 11:29:32 AM

obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

I am a class 3 drop out but I know Cytonn is no better than my HAFR monkey.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#246 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 1:00:30 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

I am a class 3 drop out but I know Cytonn is no better than my HAFR monkey.

Human beings tend to overstate their accomplishmentssmile smile smile smile
Poverty is the root of all evil
obiero
#247 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:14:10 PM

Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

Ur very contradictory. On Twitter you Expressed interest in their projects. So why express interest from people you don’t trust?

That is a long story that involves some money.. I will explain later
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual