Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Dec 17, 2018
NellyData
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1112]
Britam 2018 [14]
Vertical vs Horizontal ..Flats vs one storey units [1]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [11535]
411 on dividend and AGM [597]
Kevian/Afia Juice IPO [17]
Kenya Economy Watch [1981]
Tap Sale IFB 1/2018/20 [4]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [212]
Now Imperial Bank under receivership for 12 months [318]
Safaricom HY 2018/2019 [95]
Why dustbowl is the future [16]
Goodbye Dear Friends in Wazua from NSE, Kenya [47]
KENGEN FY18 [64]
Konza City - is it a good investment [85]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Mall Owners Rush to Get Out of the Mall Business
Impunity
#81 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 1:48:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 25,796
Location: Masada
hardwood wrote:
No wonder malls are empty....


74pc of salaried Kenyans earn less than Sh50,000

https://www.businessdail...64896-yimri5/index.html


Teachers top list of workers earning over Sh100,000

https://www.businessdail...64550-tk9ouc/index.html




Give it up to the tishas,consistency pays for real.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

kayhara
#82 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:19:22 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 5/5/2011
Posts: 957
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
No wonder malls are empty....


74pc of salaried Kenyans earn less than Sh50,000

https://www.businessdail...64896-yimri5/index.html


Teachers top list of workers earning over Sh100,000

https://www.businessdail...64550-tk9ouc/index.html




Give it up to the tishas,consistency pays for real.

And very very few earning a salary above 100k net
To Each His Own
Impunity
#83 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:50:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 25,796
Location: Masada
kayhara wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
No wonder malls are empty....


74pc of salaried Kenyans earn less than Sh50,000

https://www.businessdail...64896-yimri5/index.html


Teachers top list of workers earning over Sh100,000

https://www.businessdail...64550-tk9ouc/index.html




Give it up to the tishas,consistency pays for real.

And very very few earning a salary above 100k net


And on top of 25 days annual leave days (excluding public holidays), the tishas still have another 3 months holiday when schools close.
Very nice proffesion.

And by the way they don't work from 8 to 5...theres is only when they have a lesson.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

hardwood
#84 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 5:11:54 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 7,904
kayhara wrote:

And very very few earning a salary above 100k net


Yep. We are very lonely up here kwa six figure.smile
tinker
#85 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 5:38:49 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 269
Location: Nairobi
hardwood wrote:
kayhara wrote:

And very very few earning a salary above 100k net


Yep. We are very lonely up here kwa six figure.smile

Salaried Kenyans earning above 100k net are very lonely up there.
But in business world, this is not the case. Visit Gikomba, Nyamakima,Kariobangi businesses and Nairobi SlumLords and you will appreciate that six figure is pocket change to them.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
hardwood
#86 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 6:28:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 7,904
tinker wrote:
hardwood wrote:
kayhara wrote:

And very very few earning a salary above 100k net


Yep. We are very lonely up here kwa six figure.smile

Salaried Kenyans earning above 100k net are very lonely up there.
But in business world, this is not the case. Visit Gikomba, Nyamakima,Kariobangi businesses and Nairobi SlumLords and you will appreciate that six figure is pocket change to them.


FYI 6 figure ranges from 100,000 - 999,999.
Lolest!
#87 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 6:49:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 11,194
Location: Kianjokoma
Quote:
And on top of 25 days annual leave days (excluding public holidays), the tishas still have another 3 months holiday when schools close.
Very nice proffesion.

Wait! They get leave on top of school holidays? Thought there's no leave
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Ericsson
#88 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 12:09:41 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:
And on top of 25 days annual leave days (excluding public holidays), the tishas still have another 3 months holiday when schools close.
Very nice proffesion.

Wait! They get leave on top of school holidays? Thought there's no leave


Lets go back to topic of discussion.
kayhara
#89 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 8:35:13 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 5/5/2011
Posts: 957
How are these malls doing? been a while since I visited most
-Spurs (not sure) the one at ruiru
-Ridgeways
-The new kiambu town mall
-Nakumatt embakassi
-Nakumatt parklands
-Was ukay building completely flattened?
-is it called green span the one in donholm been there only once.
-who took over the nakumatt space at village market?
To Each His Own
littledove
#90 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 12:53:17 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/1/2014
Posts: 642
Location: sky
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/Increase-in-supply-now-dampens-house-prices/3815534-4868938-f8yo79z/index.html
property market boom is slowly fading
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Angelica _ann
#91 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 1:06:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,709


That report is not conclusive to me smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#92 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 1:36:33 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 7,904
kayhara wrote:
How are these malls doing? been a while since I visited most
-Spurs (not sure) the one at ruiru
-Ridgeways
-The new kiambu town mall
-Nakumatt embakassi
-Nakumatt parklands
-Was ukay building completely flattened?
-is it called green span the one in donholm been there only once.
-who took over the nakumatt space at village market?


Very sad state of affairs for ridgeways. Why doesn't owner just get a local supermarket as anchor tenant? They have been waiting for shoprite forever while the place decays.
Ericsson
#93 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 1:39:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
hardwood wrote:
kayhara wrote:
How are these malls doing? been a while since I visited most
-Spurs (not sure) the one at ruiru
-Ridgeways
-The new kiambu town mall
-Nakumatt embakassi
-Nakumatt parklands
-Was ukay building completely flattened?
-is it called green span the one in donholm been there only once.
-who took over the nakumatt space at village market?


Very sad state of affairs for ridgeways. Why doesn't owner just get a local supermarket as anchor tenant? They have been waiting for shoprite forever while the place decays.


Tuskys is taking up the space
hardwood
#94 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 1:14:38 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 7,904
Yet another mall....

https://www.businessdail...76204-sj1fgz/index.html

Quote:
The family of late billionaire poultry farmer Nelson Muguku has opened the upmarket Sh3 billion Karen Waterfront shopping complex with South Africa’s retail giant, Game, as the anchor tenant.

David Muguku in an interview yesterday said the 200,000 square feet property occupying 13 acres of land will host the publicly listed SA retailer on the ground floor as well as chemists, fashion stores, a tyre centre, a grocery store, an art gallery with several spaces reserved for commercial banks and wellness centres.

Retail shops, restaurants, a book store and salons will sit on the upper floor with the next two phases on part of the 50 acre land reserved for development of high-end residential apartments, offices and a hotel.
KulaRaha
#95 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 1:32:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,357
hardwood wrote:
Yet another mall....

https://www.businessdail...76204-sj1fgz/index.html

Quote:
The family of late billionaire poultry farmer Nelson Muguku has opened the upmarket Sh3 billion Karen Waterfront shopping complex with South Africa’s retail giant, Game, as the anchor tenant.

David Muguku in an interview yesterday said the 200,000 square feet property occupying 13 acres of land will host the publicly listed SA retailer on the ground floor as well as chemists, fashion stores, a tyre centre, a grocery store, an art gallery with several spaces reserved for commercial banks and wellness centres.

Retail shops, restaurants, a book store and salons will sit on the upper floor with the next two phases on part of the 50 acre land reserved for development of high-end residential apartments, offices and a hotel.


Apparently its now a status symbol among the rich. If you dont have a mall you are nobody.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
5 Pages«<345
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.