Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Nov 16, 2018
NellyData
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Economy Watch [1948]
Madness at the NSE [1612]
KCB 2018 and Beyond [119]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1021]
East African Portland Cement FY 2017/18 [2]
Laikipia to float first county bond [10]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [168]
Elimination of the competitor with guaranteed resu... [1]
Homeownership journeys [26]
Safaricom HY 2018/2019 [77]
How to short Bitcoin, Ethereum etc [1]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [1714]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3015]
Centum Full Year results 2017/2018 [135]
Kiambu raises land rates by 300% [31]
 
Forum Jump


Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

98 Pages«<9495969798>
Kenya Economy Watch
rwitre
#1901 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:13:52 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 120
Location: Nairobi
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
1 United States Dollar=102.04 Kenya Shilling


Capital flight gear 1 engagedSad .


Nunueni bitcoin Laughing out loudly
lochaz-index
#1902 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:55:07 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 908
Ericsson wrote:
1 United States Dollar=102.04 Kenya Shilling

Eurobond 3.0 proposal was a sell signal for KES.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
lochaz-index
#1903 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:58:37 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 908
wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
KE is stepping on the eurobond gas...another 250 billion raise to plug the ever growing fiscal deficit. This will however come at a premium or become impossible depending on how fluid the debt market (interest rates), USD and KES trends are. Following the tacit withdrawal of IMF's support and possible ratings downgrade this will be an interesting signal on the fiscal end. https://www.bloomberg.co...robonds-loans-this-year


The debt treadmill. At this rate I would estimate around 2021 is when KE will start to experience the severe debt crisis. plenty of time to preparesmile

I highly doubt it will get that far. The most critical factors, that is, both global interest trend and the USD rate are outside of KE's control...sitting ducks literally.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#1904 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 8:17:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,674
Location: nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
KE is stepping on the eurobond gas...another 250 billion raise to plug the ever growing fiscal deficit. This will however come at a premium or become impossible depending on how fluid the debt market (interest rates), USD and KES trends are. Following the tacit withdrawal of IMF's support and possible ratings downgrade this will be an interesting signal on the fiscal end. https://www.bloomberg.co...robonds-loans-this-year


The debt treadmill. At this rate I would estimate around 2021 is when KE will start to experience the severe debt crisis. plenty of time to preparesmile

I highly doubt it will get that far. The most critical factors, that is, both global interest trend and the USD rate are outside of KE's control...sitting ducks literally.

It’s not looking good
COOP 5,500; KCB 3,500; KQ 95,000
rwitre
#1905 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 8:32:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 120
Location: Nairobi
Things are elephantPray Pray

Kenyan Stockbrokers combined loss for the period ended June 2018 widened significantly by 800.8%!

And the way H2 has been more brutal. 2018 NSE has been simply brutal.
rwitre
#1906 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 8:34:52 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 120
Location: Nairobi
rwitre wrote:
Things are elephantPray Pray

Kenyan Stockbrokers combined loss for the period ended June 2018 widened significantly by 800.8%!

And the way H2 has been more brutal. 2018 NSE has been simply brutal.


Source: CMA
Angelica _ann
#1907 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 9:10:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,538
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Things are elephantPray Pray

Kenyan Stockbrokers combined loss for the period ended June 2018 widened significantly by 800.8%!

And the way H2 has been more brutal. 2018 NSE has been simply brutal.


Source: CMA


In the same report serious market players are making serious cash. the 800% is also overly stated looking at the absolute figures.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
rwitre
#1908 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 9:33:25 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 120
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Things are elephantPray Pray

Kenyan Stockbrokers combined loss for the period ended June 2018 widened significantly by 800.8%!

And the way H2 has been more brutal. 2018 NSE has been simply brutal.


Source: CMA


In the same report serious market players are making serious cash. the 800% is also overly stated looking at the absolute figures.


The fund managers are mainly ploughing into GoK securities. NSE is just seeing capital flight
Horton
#1909 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 9:46:46 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,273
Location: Nairobi
rwitre wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Things are elephantPray Pray

Kenyan Stockbrokers combined loss for the period ended June 2018 widened significantly by 800.8%!

And the way H2 has been more brutal. 2018 NSE has been simply brutal.


Source: CMA


In the same report serious market players are making serious cash. the 800% is also overly stated looking at the absolute figures.


The fund managers are mainly ploughing into GoK securities. NSE is just seeing capital flight


I’m happy with that! More bargains. Short term pain, long term gain. This is a buying opportunity granted most of us are just at break even or Loss territory but I’ve just been doubling down on my buys. I’m on a slight profit on KCB and a loss on EQUITY but I’m buying EQUITY to narrow losses.
I own shares in KCB,CYTONN, BRK.B and a few other unlisted companies
Invepreneur
#1910 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 1:55:49 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/14/2015
Posts: 24
Something insightful i was watching.

How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio


Who has an idea on where the Kenyan Economy is.
How does it pit against the global economy?

How can I benefit from all this as a person on the lower spectrum of wealth?
The hot stock is the one that everyone thinks that everyone else thinks....is the hot stock (Dixit & Nalebuff, 2008).
mlennyma
#1911 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2018 2:48:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,865
Location: nairobi
https://www.the-star.co....xR-7bUqqJA_4jH1pnCrVKMOQ
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#1912 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 4:49:11 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,689
Location: NAIROBI
Muthawamunene
#1913 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 8:19:31 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/3/2011
Posts: 240
Location: Nairobi
Invepreneur wrote:
Something insightful i was watching.

How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio


Who has an idea on where the Kenyan Economy is.
How does it pit against the global economy?

How can I benefit from all this as a person on the lower spectrum of wealth?



I have been following this man for about 5 months now. You should get his free book 'Principles of Debt crisis management'. I am enjoying it.

I my naivety of an opinion, I think we are 3/4 way on the upward slope on the credit cycle.
Though there are calls for austerity, incomes are still growing and there is still sufficient lending space.

The rate cap, despite it's much talked about struggle on the economy did help us store economic energy. Equity bank is sitting on piles of cash waiting to deploy should gava stop crowding the market.
HaMaina
#1914 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 12:00:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 513
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
HaMaina
#1915 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 12:06:04 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 513
https://imgur.com/gallery/4jw4b1n
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
maka
#1916 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 12:08:32 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 10,744
Location: Nairobi
Muthawamunene wrote:
Invepreneur wrote:
Something insightful i was watching.

How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio


Who has an idea on where the Kenyan Economy is.
How does it pit against the global economy?

How can I benefit from all this as a person on the lower spectrum of wealth?



I have been following this man for about 5 months now. You should get his free book 'Principles of Debt crisis management'. I am enjoying it.

I my naivety of an opinion, I think we are 3/4 way on the upward slope on the credit cycle.
Though there are calls for austerity, incomes are still growing and there is still sufficient lending space.

The rate cap, despite it's much talked about struggle on the economy did help us store economic energy. Equity bank is sitting on piles of cash waiting to deploy should gava stop crowding the market.



Not happening any time soon...
possunt quia posse videntur
Pesa Nane
#1917 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 5:37:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,933
Location: 08c
HaMaina wrote:




?
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Angelica _ann
#1918 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 6:38:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,538
Pesa Nane wrote:
HaMaina wrote:




?


Globally, Nairobi is the most cost effective city. Iko hapo kwa hiyo list.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mulla
#1919 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 11:14:32 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/15/2013
Posts: 247
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
HaMaina wrote:




?


Globally, Nairobi is the most cost effective city. Iko hapo kwa hiyo list.

Cost effective in what?
Ericsson
#1920 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 10:52:21 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,689
Location: NAIROBI
CNBC are predicting that the next global economic recession will be in 12-18 months from now,.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (19), Wororo
98 Pages«<9495969798>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.